What Herb Is Good for Blood Circulation?

Use this area to discuss herb and vegetable gardening.

Moderator: Chris_W

jihanemo

Post by jihanemo »

I've been having chest pains (near or IN my heart - not sure which) lately and pains in my arms and legs. It feels as if my veins are clogged (or arteries)? I'm not sure if blood is circulating all the way through my body. I get sharp pains in my hands and arms, and lately, around the front of my legs (shins) and around my ankles. At night, if I lay on one side too long, the arm I'm laying on gets tingly and numb as if the blood circulation was cut off for an hour or so. I'm wondering if there is a problem w/ my blood circulation. Is there an herb I can take for this? Or a type of food that will help this?

A little of my medical history: The only meat I've been eating is chicken, about once a week. I don't eat a lot of fatty foods, I don't have caffeine. But I had hyperthyroidism for almost 10 years.
Chris_W
Administrator
USDA Zone: 9

Re: What Herb Is Good for Blood Circulation?

Post by Chris_W »

Hello

I think it would be best to see a doctor rather than look for an herbal remedy.

Chris
newtohosta-no more

Post by newtohosta-no more »

I agree with Chris. What you describe can be caused by many things, circulatory and neurologically, so it's best to get a complete physical with your doctor before using a home remedy. Nothing wrong with home remedies, usually, but you don't want to overlook a potentially serious problem that might be easily treated by a doctor. Good luck. Please let us know what the Dr. finds out. :wink:
~JOAN~
My Hosta List

Tomorrow is promised to no one, so love and laugh today.
kHT
USDA Zone: 7-8 Z-nial

Post by kHT »

Those of us with heart problem will tell you, do not pass go and get yourself into your doctor's office NOW!! I had a friend recently whom had some of what you discribed and he was less than 12 hours from diing if he didn't go to the hospital when he did. Seriously, he could of die with congestive heart failure if he didn't go when he did. Herbs are not the route to go on this, you need this checked out now!!
karma 'Happy Toes' (kHT)
The Goddess is Alive and Magic is Afoot!!!!
I'm just a simple housewife.
jihanemo

Post by jihanemo »

Will do. Thank you for the advice everyone. :)
beautifulgardens

Post by beautifulgardens »

G luck jihanemo, I hope everything will be well and we all look forward to answering other questions you have about herbs :wink:
kaylyred
USDA Zone: 5a

Post by kaylyred »

I have nearly identical symptoms myself, and my doctor is still stumped. He doesn't believe it's heart related, and doesn't believe it's peripheral artery disease. We're still working on it. May have to switch doctors to get a different take on things, because I'm beginning to fear my own doctor's practice is overbooked and I'm starting to feel more like a number than a patient. (Sad, because I really like my doctor.)

At any rate, what I do want to say is that I went the herbal route assuming my problem was circulatory and I can say without hesitation that NOTHING I TRIED HELPED. See your doctor, see your doctor, see your doctor. :???:
~ Karen

Check out Petiole Junction, my gardening blog!
See my little hosta list
I've also got a garden photo gallery.
New Topic Post Reply