Why I own Chinese Pugs!

Use this area to talk about your pets!

Moderator: Chris_W

Squash Blossom

Why I own Chinese Pugs!

Post by Squash Blossom »

I hope this works. I do own three Chinese Pugs - Rosebud, Gumdrop and Jimbo.

Rosebud will be 15 in January, Gummy is a puppymill rescue from Missouri thought to be app. 11-12, and Jimbo was a personal rescue from a horrendous situation in Texas.

Someone sent me this video and so much of it reminds me of my three.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WElJp2Hj56U

Ann
To plant a garden is to believe in tomorrow.
LucyGoose

Post by LucyGoose »

Lucy waving to Ann!!

I know before even clicking on the You Tube thingy, that it will take forever and bog everything down so I won't right now....I will try it later in the week when I have time....

Your pugs are so precious!! Your wonderful for taking them in..... :P Give them a pat for me, please!
Spider
USDA Zone: 9A

Post by Spider »

That youtube was cute.
Spider's Hosta List There are photos there too :)

"I gotta have more cowbell!" SNL

"If your gecko is broken you have a reptile dysfunction."

"If you don't talk to your cat about catnip...who will?"
Squash Blossom

Post by Squash Blossom »

LucyGoose wrote:Lucy waving to Ann!!

I know before even clicking on the You Tube thingy, that it will take forever and bog everything down so I won't right now....I will try it later in the week when I have time....

Your pugs are so precious!! Your wonderful for taking them in..... :P Give them a pat for me, please!
It's a montage of pug pictures set to a catchy little pug tune...really rather cleverly done. It only lasts a few seconds though, a minute at the very most.

Did anyone see the pug video that won the grand prize on America's Funniest Videos? It was the real deal! :lol: Typical pug!

Ann

P.S. Here's the AFV prize winning video - I only regret never thinking to video my pugs' very similar behavior. We have to keep a small throw rug draped over the bottom cabinets of our entertainment armoire to keep them from ruining the doors.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MLtq7Bz9wH4
PeggyC

Post by PeggyC »

Image Hi Ann!

I checked out a lot of the pug You Tubes... too cute!! Image
"A friend is someone who knows the song of your soul and sings it back to you when you have forgotten the words."

PeggyC's Hosta List
pauhaus
USDA Zone: 5b

Post by pauhaus »

After checking out several videos on youtube...I want one! They seem like such fun dogs. Thanks! :P
Paul
My Hosta List

“With fronds like you, who needs anemones.”
Squash Blossom

Post by Squash Blossom »

Chinese pugs are a lot of fun, Paul. They're really high-maintenance though...and they have particularly unique care requirements.

Pugs are said to be the "court jesters of the dog world" and some people say their personalities are more like little children than any other breed of dogs.

Today a mysterious seizuring problem called Pug Dog Encephalitis is really taking a toll on the breed, probably because of irresponsible breeding. There is no real diagnosis for PDE and it is always fatal. I lost an 11-month old pug in 2001, possibly to PDE.

If you truly are interested in pugs, do your homework! Find the best breeder you can locate and check out everything before making a purchase. Two of my pugs are "rescues" and I really support rescue.

I would like to personally invite you to check out my home website, www.PugVillage.com, if you want to learn more about pugs.

Ann
pauhaus
USDA Zone: 5b

Post by pauhaus »

Thanks so much for the info, Ann. I will definitely check it out! :P
Paul
My Hosta List

“With fronds like you, who needs anemones.”
LucyGoose

Post by LucyGoose »

I haven't forgot about you Ann....:lol:....I want to see that video.....I will, now that I am off work and have the time....They are adorable little things.....I just had my sights on the Papillon forever, and I had to look hard for a good bloodline on that breed also.....Isn't it something how people breed out of greed or whatever? Paul, I wish you luck and if I hear of anyone (never know, as I talk to a lot of people) with pups or any information, I sure will let you know.....I do know one guy who has one, but don't know where he got it....It's the girl who does my hair's brother....

Thanks Ann!!!! :P
Ginger
USDA Zone: Zone 7

Post by Ginger »

Ann I just love to see your pugs! You might remember from a previous thread that my grandmother had Pugs when I was growing up. She had two, a male named McDougal ( registered name was McDougal McGillicuddie of Winnedumah) and a female named Muggs! I don't remember her registered name. Anyway, they went everywhere with us, even in to the mountains and the desert when we went arrowhead hunting. I have been in love with the breed since. Thanks for caring for these wonderful little dogs!

Ginger
New Topic Post Reply