Thunder

Use this area to talk about your pets!

Moderator: Chris_W

Old earth dog

Thunder

Post by Old earth dog »

Since I'm tryin ta get back in the puter gig (within reason :lol: ) I thought I'd show a somewhat receint pic of Thunder. Some of you may remember him.
Been busy having fun.
Titles earned now; BH, SCHI, SCHII, CD, CDX, and his CGC certificate. Lots to go!
http://www.rwdc.org/images/RWDC%203-07_0002_1.jpg
LucyGoose

Post by LucyGoose »

Hi Bro!!

Now THAT is a working dog! Wow, he looks like all muscle! Great shot!! Thanks for sharing it!! :snow:
eastwood2007

Post by eastwood2007 »

What a beauty! And just look at all those titles!

My husband and I have Rotts and were at one point very curious about the SCH training. Decided that would not be something amateurs should undertake, and that we would just stick with the obedience training. Now that I am retired (young :roll: 8-) ), I would like to pursue some additional training with them. My female would make a good tracking dog, I think.

Thanks for sharing your Thunder.
Charla
Latitude 38.57N; Longitude -94.89W (Elev. 886 ft.)
wishiwere
USDA Zone: 5

Post by wishiwere »

:o OED! You chopped off his ear! :lol:

He's looking very smart! Thanks for sharing his updates!

Smart boy, with those degrees, seems you should have a few after your name just for helping through all that schooling yourself! :D

Nice job in the handling I'm sure! Congrats!
Jane (from the middle of the Mitten state)
My hosta list: viewtopic.php?t=39540
Ginger
USDA Zone: Zone 7

Post by Ginger »

Congrats OED! He looks great as usual! Give him a pat for me and a kiss on that big cold nose :D
We have a new addition to our house now, a Rat Terrier named Little Man. He gets along really well with the Boxers, and is learning to tolerate the cats :lol:
Take care,

Ginger
Old earth dog

Post by Old earth dog »

Charla, there are a lot of Schutzhund clubs out there but so many still train with to much defense on young dogs. We train all motivational, even the bite work. Thunder has a very serious side to him but has an incredible off/on switch. That comes form his breeding as much as his training. There are tons of dog activities through AKC, UKC, Different agility organizations. AKC, UKC and Schutzhund all have tracking titles to earn even withouth bite work. I posted it just a while back but there are lots mor pics of our club work here. www.rwdc.org
Jane, so sorry I've been gone and missed your "adventure". Halsons is definately the place for good thoughts, prayers, and lots of hugs. Ya can't go wrong with all this wonderful family surrounding you. :wink:
Ginger, don't turn your back on a terrier that is just "tolerating" cats. :lol: :wink:
wishiwere

Post by wishiwere »

Thanks OED. Yes, they are the best and without them I'm sure my attitude would be a tad shorter than it is! They keep a smile on a face for certain :)

Looking forward to more updates on your boy there! Such a strong & handsome dude! Thunder I mean :wink:
Jane (from the middle of the Mitten state)
My hosta list: viewtopic.php?t=39540
kHT
USDA Zone: 7-8 Z-nial

Post by kHT »

OED, what a beautiful dog!! Just look at all those titles he has too, impressive!! You should be really proud and it's understandable why you have been away.
karma 'Happy Toes' (kHT)
The Goddess is Alive and Magic is Afoot!!!!
I'm just a simple housewife.
Ginger
USDA Zone: Zone 7

Post by Ginger »

:lol: You are so right OED, however Jack the tom cat has one over on Little Man. When we first got Little Man he chased Jack and Jill horribly, but now Jack stands up to him and swats him, (sometimes for no reason at all :lol: ) and so Little Man has a healthy respect for Jack :D Jill on the other hand, still runs and hides from Little Man so he still has fun with her. She will learn eventually :wink:

Ginger
thy
USDA Zone: 7

Post by thy »

Very allert but looking gently.. a dog I would wach out if I met him without leach

You trained rescue dogs before... or am my brain boiling :-?

How are terries and german shephards doing together.. they have very differnt temper..alt least in my mind :lol:
Against stupidity the gods themselves struggle in vain.
E-mail for pics hostapics@gmail.com
LucyGoose

Post by LucyGoose »

thy wrote: or am my brain boiling :-?
Yep, yep, thats it....your brain is boiling Pia!! :lol: :lol: :lol:
thy
USDA Zone: 7

Post by thy »

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Thank you :lol: :lol: :lol:
Against stupidity the gods themselves struggle in vain.
E-mail for pics hostapics@gmail.com
Old earth dog

Post by Old earth dog »

Pia, in addition to his titles, I've also trained Thunder in live search, cadaver search, water search and article search. I was on a Search and Rescue (SAR) team but left for political reasons. To many cheifs and not enough indians. When I left, so did half of the team. They started another organization and wanted me to join but the seriousness of what we did wasn't strong enough in many of the members. It was more about the glory then the job.
There is a huge difference between the terriers and Shepherds. Both extreamly intelligent but a great difference in how their training is aproached.
I no longer leave my old JRT out alone with the two Shepherds. He doesn't know how to say "uncle" when he gets in trouble with the larger dogs :eek: . If I'm with all them they are all sweet as sugar. They know better! :evil: :lol: :wink:
kHT
USDA Zone: 7-8 Z-nial

Post by kHT »

We all know whom is top dog in your family! :wink: :lol: :wink:
karma 'Happy Toes' (kHT)
The Goddess is Alive and Magic is Afoot!!!!
I'm just a simple housewife.
Annie

Post by Annie »

OED, he is sure pretty!! Beautiful dog!!
If dandelions were hard to grow, they would be most welcome on any lawn. ~Andrew Mason

~~Annie~~
PeggyC

Post by PeggyC »

OED, its so good to see you and Thunder!! :P He's such a handsome dog and congrats to you both on all the titles!
"A friend is someone who knows the song of your soul and sings it back to you when you have forgotten the words."

PeggyC's Hosta List
Linda P

Post by Linda P »

OED, good to see you and Thunder. He's just as handsome as ever, and it sounds like he's keeping you really busy!
Wishing you all the best in the new year.
Linda P
And time remembered is grief forgotten,
And frosts are slain and flowers begotten.....
Algernon Charles Swinburne

Latitude: 41° 51' 12.1572"

My Hosta List
New Topic Post Reply