The Boys

Use this area to talk about your pets!

Moderator: Chris_W

LucyGoose

The Boys

Post by LucyGoose »

I was trying to get some pictures on a bright day, but Willie is so dark that he didn't come out as good as Curtis.....still they were being good on the couch....Curtis weighs 15 pounds and Willie 8.....:lol:
Attachments
Pic's 052.jpg
He is just so soft!!
He is just so soft!!
Pic's 051.jpg
LucyGoose

Post by LucyGoose »

Thanks for looking! :P
Attachments
Mamma's Curtie!!
Mamma's Curtie!!
Pic's 055.jpg
pauhaus
USDA Zone: 5b

Post by pauhaus »

Great pics, LG! You definitely have two characters there. Curtis is such a great looking cat and blue eyes too, very cool. How is Curtis doing now, still having problems?
Paul
My Hosta List

“With fronds like you, who needs anemones.”
LucyGoose

Post by LucyGoose »

Thanks Paul!!

He is doing fine....You really can't tell he has stones....right now, anyway.....He is peeing fine in the littler....he just can't block up, or if he starts that peeing out of the litter, that means he is in pain to pee, he always comes by me here on the putter and wiggles his tail dropping a few pee drops.....thats when I know.....and I do not want to see that.....he has to go in the big kennel and to the vet and I do not know what we will do then :-( .....surgery.....it is soooo hard on him......and us......it hurts him.......But, I am keeping him going pee with lots of distilled water in his special food with the potassium citrate that the vet just upped the dose so that his urine is.......I can't think of the word now.....is it, alkaline? I think that is it......well whatever.....and just cross our fingers.....he is the sweetest boy, too....he was Soooo close to Ginger (our Brittany), and now he is doing so good with Willie.....Curtis could never make bread on this dogs head like he did with Ginger, though....:lol:....he never holds still.....but he sure loves on us at night when Willie goes to bed for the night....We love him dearly!!

I am sorry for rattling...Thanks Paul!!!
PeggyC

Post by PeggyC »

Awww, these are SO sweet LG! And I'm so glad to hear Curtis is doing okay!
"A friend is someone who knows the song of your soul and sings it back to you when you have forgotten the words."

PeggyC's Hosta List
doublemom2
USDA Zone: 8

Post by doublemom2 »

Wow! Look at those gorgeous blue eyes! I have a hard time getting my cats to sit still long enough to get a good face-front photo of them sometimes. Thanks for sharing with us :)

Andi
Andi
Discover Wildlife... Have Twins!!!
eastwood2007

Post by eastwood2007 »

Those are so beautiful, LG! Love the intensity of Curtis' eyes! He seems so interested in what you are doing.

I notice in the first pic...one with bigger body and little ears (Curtis) then one with little body and big ears! :lol: :lol:

All these pics are just precious! Thanks, LG!
Charla
Latitude 38.57N; Longitude -94.89W (Elev. 886 ft.)
Spider
USDA Zone: 9A

Post by Spider »

Beautiful flame point! So sorry he's having "personal" problems, lol ;)
Spider's Hosta List There are photos there too :)

"I gotta have more cowbell!" SNL

"If your gecko is broken you have a reptile dysfunction."

"If you don't talk to your cat about catnip...who will?"
LucyGoose

Post by LucyGoose »

Thanks you guys!! Curtis is I think 14 or 15 this spring. In the 4th picture where they are looking at each other you really can see the size difference....:lol: Willie is tall and long, where Curtis is BIG......:lol:

What would we do without furkids?!

Thanks for the nice comments! :D
party_music50
USDA Zone: z5

Post by party_music50 »

I didn't realize that Willie was so small/light! Is that normal for the breed? That first photo shows how slight he really is -- as if those tiny legs couldn't possibly hold up those gorgeous ears. :lol:

Curtis is beautiful!
~~~ Audrey ~~~
“If you never did you should. These things are fun and fun is good”
Dr. Seuss :)
newtohosta-no more

Post by newtohosta-no more »

Willie does look like he's a bit top heavy with those ears and might tip over. :lol: They are both just as cute as can be and I think the pics are great! I just want to snuggle both of them. And it's good to hear that Curtis is doing okay so far! :D
~JOAN~
My Hosta List

Tomorrow is promised to no one, so love and laugh today.
LucyGoose

Post by LucyGoose »

Yes, it is normal to be that light.....He is tall for the breed, which can not be taller than 11 inches and he was 12 when we bought him....I will measure him on the 5th when he goes to get his shots....I never can do it here because he won't hold still long enough with my trusty tape measure coming at him....:lol:

Thanks Joan! :P
nanny_56
USDA Zone: 5b
Location: Putnam County, Indiana Lat. 39* 45' 54.2892" Long. -86* 41' 55.9284''

Post by nanny_56 »

LG, those boy's are way too cute!! :P
Claudia
"When one tugs at a single thing in nature, he finds it attached to the rest" - John Muir
Justme

Post by Justme »

Lucy, those two are too cute!

Tami
My Hosta List
It is always something
Annie
USDA Zone: 5

Post by Annie »

LOL Willie's ears crack me up!!! He is sooooo cute :)

Curtis is a beauty too. I love the third pic of him, he looks soooo regal!

So how do you keep your sofa so "hair" free :lol:
If dandelions were hard to grow, they would be most welcome on any lawn. ~Andrew Mason

~~Annie~~
Ginger
USDA Zone: Zone 7

Post by Ginger »

Ya know LG if Little Man had longer hair and bigger ears, he and Willie would look alot alike! Their size, coloring and face markings are almost exact :o I don't think Papillions have any Rat Terrier or the other way around but it is interesting how they resemble each other :lol: :lol:

Ginger
LucyGoose

Post by LucyGoose »

Thanks again everyone!!

Well, the boy is either 14 inches tall or 13.......the vet and I still had a hard time with him standing without crouching.... :lol: ....either way, he got big for me to get him..... :lol:

Ginger OED told me at the beginning when I got him, that I had a *terrier* now, not a Brittney any more..... :lol: :lol: They are a lot a like I think! Feisty! :P :P
largosmom

Post by largosmom »

Sorry to hear your kitty is having crystal issues. Is he a Ragdoll cat, or a "Wannabe" adoptee with the look of a purebred?
LucyGoose

Post by LucyGoose »

Hi largosmom!

Well, he isn't a Ragdoll.....His mother was an outside cat, of half Siamese, of a girl here in town, that never fixed the momma and she had litter after litter that they always found homes for......every so many litters she had one like Curtis.....well, she had gotten old and hadn't a ny babies for a while, then she had what was her last litter, and Curtis was another pretty one like this that she called me to please take him. I was like...no, I have one cat and one dog.....well, okay, I will come look......nope.......okay, I will look one more time, and then he came home with us.... :lol: So, I do not know what he is..... :lol: ....his momma didn't really look THAT MUCH Siamese, except the eyes. But she was, I guess.....

So, I guess he is a WANNABE......but a precious boy too us!! :lol: .. :wink:
Spider
USDA Zone: 9A

Post by Spider »

Not that it matters, it's just fun to guess, maybe Maine Coon is in there somewhere. What is his healthy weight? He does not look 14 years old!
Spider's Hosta List There are photos there too :)

"I gotta have more cowbell!" SNL

"If your gecko is broken you have a reptile dysfunction."

"If you don't talk to your cat about catnip...who will?"
New Topic Post Reply