Tell Bell

Use this area to talk about your pets!

Moderator: Chris_W

LucyGoose

Tell Bell

Post by LucyGoose »

DH's sister sent us this Tell Bell for teaching Willie how to ring a bell to go out to use the bathroom...She sent Jay's daughter, Tiffanie one too. It came with 2 bells and a CD on how to train....Has anyone else used this? How hard is it to train.....Or did anyone have success with it? I am all excited to start.....I hope we can do it....Thanks!

http://www.barkaholics.biz/collections/ ... /tell-bell
Justme

Post by Justme »

The people who originally owned our lab, Sunny, had him bell trained. The next owner stopped using it, so he doesn't use it for us. :cry: But, I hear he was well trained for the original owners.

Tami
My Hosta List
It is always something
Ginger
USDA Zone: Zone 7

Post by Ginger »

Never heard of it. My dogs just go and scratch on the door, or if I am not in the room, they come and get me. Little Man has not learned that part yet, he will just sit by the door until someone notices him! :lol:

Ginger
nanny_56
USDA Zone: 5b
Location: Putnam County, Indiana Lat. 39* 45' 54.2892" Long. -86* 41' 55.9284''

Post by nanny_56 »

I won't say what mine does... :oops:

Minpin's are notorious for never being completely housebroke! Of course I didn't learn about that until AFTER we got him!! :lol:
Claudia
"When one tugs at a single thing in nature, he finds it attached to the rest" - John Muir
LucyGoose

Post by LucyGoose »

Claudia, why can't they be house broken? I don't believe it....Let me have him...... :lol:

I have heard people say that the Paps were hard, or they need those pads to pee on.....BS...... :roll:

We are still doing the bell......in the dog forum that I belong to, :oops: .....I asked them, and no one likes them......they say they will ring for anything......oh well....I will pick it up if that happens.....I do know you HAVE to be consistent and ONLY for potty......but, that is hard to do, also....they say.....

I will keep you posted..... :P
nanny_56
USDA Zone: 5b
Location: Putnam County, Indiana Lat. 39* 45' 54.2892" Long. -86* 41' 55.9284''

Post by nanny_56 »

They are known to be a little hard headed, they do pout and most of our accidents occur during the winter because he absolutely detests really cold weather! If it gets in the low teens ar colder I can bank on it! :???:
Claudia
"When one tugs at a single thing in nature, he finds it attached to the rest" - John Muir
New Topic Post Reply