Good thoughts please?

Use this area to talk about your pets!

Moderator: Chris_W

LucyGoose

Post by LucyGoose »

Awwww Jane, glad she is doing a bit better.....Thanks for the update, and let us know what the vet says today!
jmboyer

Post by jmboyer »

Jane, I'm so sorry to hear that your Betsy is ailing. What a pretty little girl she is. I truly hope the medications continue to help her improve. It really tests our courage when our beloved animal companions get older. My Blondie is fourteen and nearly deaf now. I've been teaching her sign language. You have a good heart to be giving your Betsy such loving nurture and care at a time in her life when she needs it most. I send good wishes and healing thoughts to Betsy. Here's hoping that she improves with every new day.
jay dee

good thoughts

Post by jay dee »

Jane - The steroid therapy is to hopefully, help to repair any nerve damage. If the nerves are inflamed, getting rid of the inflammation might get the nerves to start repairing.

Try this test on your pet - on the unaffected side, use tweezers or forceps and see how much pressure you can apply by pinching the lip - usually not much! Repeat on the affected side and usually quite a pinch can be given. Use a pen and touch both sides of the nose leather and also under the eye area.

Good luck at the vet today.

jay dee
New Topic Post Reply