Westminster KC Dog Show

Use this area to talk about your pets!

Moderator: Chris_W

janet

Westminster KC Dog Show

Post by janet »

Just a head's up on the Westminster Kennel Club Dog Show (and some other televised dog events).

AKC National Agility Championship (on Animal Planet)

Sunday, February 13th, 8:00 PM to 9:00 PM EST

Westminster Kennel Club Dog Show (on USA Network)

Monday, February 14th, 8:00 PM to 11:00 PM EST (part one: working, terrier, toy and non-sporting groups) repeat broadcast, Tuesday, February 15th, noon to 3:00 PM EST

Tuesday, February 15th, 8:00 PM to 11:00 PM EST (part two: sporting, hound and herding groups, then Best in Show) repeat broadcast, Wednesday, February 16th, noon to 3:00 PM EST

AKC Eukanuba National Championship (on Animal Planet) this was initially broadcast last night, but is being repeated

Wednesday, March 2nd, 8:00 PM to 11:00 PM EST (repeat broadcast immediately following from 11:00 PM to 2:00 AM EST)

(subtract an hour from all times for Central, two for Mountain, etc. or check your local listings :wink: )
jd in nh
janet's list
It is well to remember that the entire universe, with one trifling exception, is composed of others. --John Andrew Holmes
putnamgardens

Post by putnamgardens »

Thanks for the reminder! I know what I'll be doing on Valentines day. Has anyone seen the commercial that makes mockery of the dog show? I think it's an advertisement for Honda. They comment on the "TOY' groups always being a favorite and instead of a dog, it's a car circling the ring (cooper mini). No show dogs here but we'll be dog sitting three min pins for a week in March. Their mommy is bringing them over for a few visits to minize the trauma of mommy being gone. They mixed it up with the fearless now declawed kittens. Good humor. Later, Love, Lisa
Attachments
Tia Maria.jpg
sister, tia & Chloe.jpg
kitties now fixed.jpg
Have I mentioned lately that my drinking team has a hosta problem?
PeggyC

Post by PeggyC »

:D Thanks for the heads up on the dog shows Janet!

Lisa, wow, looks like your gonna have your hands full come March! :lol:
"A friend is someone who knows the song of your soul and sings it back to you when you have forgotten the words."

PeggyC's Hosta List
Snow

Post by Snow »

Thanks for the info - I wouldnt want to miss the dog show. Love those pictures, Lisa!
~*Snow*~
Old earth dog

Post by Old earth dog »

Thanks Janet! I still can't pass up watching the terriers. Lots of familiar faces there.
Also on Tues night from 8-11 on the Court TV channel is going to be someting about dogs used in forensic work. I'm sure gonna watch that one.
LucyGoose

Post by LucyGoose »

Thanks for the heads up, Janet....

Too bad I close on Tuesdays...... :(
patsue53

Post by patsue53 »

Thanks, Janet! I missed the agility show today...dropped my remote control in my glass of tea and killed it. I have the flu today and just moving off the couch was miserable so I watched hours upon hours of the Blue Collar Comedy Tour. :roll:

I'll have to watch tomorrow when they do the working group....but Tuesday night is American Idol. :lol:
putnamgardens

Post by putnamgardens »

Three more groups tonight. I hate to think it's the last night. Sporting group is up next. I wanna kiss that golden retriever. WHAT a face!. I would hate to be a judge. Later, Love, Lisa
P.S. This photo is of the Ma Ma, Andy's sister and Pull Tabs Kitty and Tia the Min Pin.
Attachments
Pull Tabs, Tia Maria & Bg.jpg
Have I mentioned lately that my drinking team has a hosta problem?
Old earth dog

Post by Old earth dog »

:o Lisa, it looks like that Min Pin is about to get hammered. :lol:
Glad to see the GSD NOT win the hearding group. Don't get me started :roll: . Jimmy Moses, the GSD handler. :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: JMHO! :D :wink:
janet

Post by janet »

Wow, seven awesome dogs, but that GSP was simply flawless!! Did you see her stack...my word...a very well deserved win. (And I'm betting the handler's fees just doubled...didn't she handle last year's BIS? :o)
jd in nh
janet's list
It is well to remember that the entire universe, with one trifling exception, is composed of others. --John Andrew Holmes
Snow

Post by Snow »

That Pointer had me from the beginning.
~*Snow*~
New Topic Post Reply