Yee Haw

Use this area to talk about your pets!

Moderator: Chris_W

PeggyC

Yee Haw

Post by PeggyC »

We let the new mare and the old guy, Doc, out together in the arena for the first time today. It was a rodeo (with no riders)! :o The pictures aren't great but I was making sure I was on the outside of the fence and they were moving! :lol:

"A friend is someone who knows the song of your soul and sings it back to you when you have forgotten the words."

PeggyC's Hosta List
PeggyC

Post by PeggyC »

DH finally separated them into separate pastures and things were a lot calmer. :wink:

And Nikki was worn out from all that running and had to rest on the porch. :lol:

"A friend is someone who knows the song of your soul and sings it back to you when you have forgotten the words."

PeggyC's Hosta List
Patrushka
USDA Zone: 5a

Post by Patrushka »

I think the pics are great, Peg! :cool: You really captured the action. They are beautiful. 8-) Did you decide on a name for the new mare yet?

Aw, poor Nikki. She is such a cutie. :D
Pat
My Hosta List

Keep your face always toward the sunshine and the shadows will fall behind you.
~ Walt Whitman
LucyGoose

Post by LucyGoose »

Those are great pic's Peg!! How long did you leave them together?

Thanks for sharing!!
patsue53

Post by patsue53 »

:lol: They look like they're having a blast! Great pictures!
Poor Nikki. :lol:

What did you name the new girl?
PeggyC

Post by PeggyC »

LG - They were together for about 15 minutes before DH separated them.

The poor little mare still doesn't have a name. :o :evil: :lol:

PeggyC's Hosta List
wishiwere
USDA Zone: 5

Post by wishiwere »

The old man looked a little too happy there! :) J/k.

Poor old pooch, put in days work in 15 minutes hey?

Great pics!
Jane (from the middle of the Mitten state)
My hosta list: viewtopic.php?t=39540
Snow

Post by Snow »

LOVE the pictures, Peg~ Great job, as always :wink:
~*Snow*~
oldcoot
USDA Zone: 8

What beautiful horses.

Post by oldcoot »

My daughter is a horsewoman and own 5 of them. She is S.C. secretay of the State Rodeo Ass. and rides almost every weekend . She has a daughter, Joanne, that has won a wall full of ribbons on the high school rodedo circuit until she went to college. Joanne was small for her age, but a terrific handler. Great little Jumper. Laurie's second daughtger, Jill is a little larger and is not qite the show woman Joanne is but is doing real well in barrel racing. She is secretary of the S.C. H.S. rodeo association. Laurie say that is one way to keep the girls out of mischief. Makes them practive all week long and ride all week-end. She also still rides and every now and then picks up another ribbon herself.. We got Laurie her first horse for her 10th birthday....for the same reason . We had the horse stabled and cared for and she would go out every afternoon and ride. She too showed on week-ends. She rode English and looked real cute in her "hat & boots" So do her girls..

Once again GREAT HORSES AND GREAT PICTUFRES..
There may be snow in the garden, but there will always be eternal springtime in the heart of this old gardner - Saying of Old Coot
jmboyer

Post by jmboyer »

Stunning photos, Peg, of three perfectly beautiful creatures. What a lucky woman you are to have them all. I love all the photos, but the one of Nikki looking up is a heartgrabber.
newtohosta-no more

Post by newtohosta-no more »

I thought the pics were fantastic, Peg! I have always loved watching horses, especially when they are running around and kicking it up in a pasture. Truly one of God's most magnificant creatures! And that Nikki is just adorable! :)
~JOAN~
My Hosta List

Tomorrow is promised to no one, so love and laugh today.
Old earth dog

Post by Old earth dog »

:cool: :cool: :cool: pics Peg. Poor old Nicki nuthin! I'll bet he had a ball. :lol: :wink:
New Topic Post Reply