Pet Doors

Use this area to talk about your pets!

Moderator: Chris_W

wild4flowers

Pet Doors

Post by wild4flowers »

Here is an article that my son sent to me--(he has way to much time on his hands at work)--However, it is very interesting, in light of the fact that my pets continuously bring in their 'friends'. CHAR

http://www.quantumpicture.com/Flo_Contr ... ontrol.htm
PeggyC

Post by PeggyC »

:o Wow, how cool! I can appreciate this as I had one kitty who continually brought his catches in the house with him! :eek: Wonder how much one of these would cost in real life? :-? Thanks Char for an interesting read! :P
"A friend is someone who knows the song of your soul and sings it back to you when you have forgotten the words."

PeggyC's Hosta List
Soummer
USDA Zone: 4-5

Post by Soummer »

That is VERY interesting! Make sure you look at all the pages, the last is a real eye opener! :eek:

We have an internal cat door, so we can shut the basement door yet the kitties can come and go up and down the stairs. After seeing this, I don't think I could even consider having an external door without the added security/surveillance. Wow.
Soummer, formerly Janet D.
My Page

Old earth dog

Post by Old earth dog »

:eek: I think I'd teach my dog to knock before I spent the kind of money for something like that. Actually it isn't very hard to teach a dog or cat to ring a bell.
wild4flowers

Post by wild4flowers »

I wouldn't spend money on it either. But, do you think that if the pets mouth or paws were full of 'prey', how could they knock loud enough for you to hear them and let them in? CHAR
PeggyC

Post by PeggyC »

:lol: :lol: :lol: OED and Char!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:
"A friend is someone who knows the song of your soul and sings it back to you when you have forgotten the words."

PeggyC's Hosta List
Old earth dog

Post by Old earth dog »

If their mouth AND paws were full, they'd have to be walking on their back legs. Kinda like me bringing in a load of groceries :hmm:..........:hmm: :idea: Kin cats and dogs kick?
wild4flowers

Post by wild4flowers »

My cat will sit outside the sliding glass door to our bedroom and rhythmically paw at it, thinking that he can open it. It looks like he is knocking. He does this in a series of 30 second tries. I think it started when he accidentally opened the slider screen once by trying this.
It isn't very loud but is a continuous soft noise and usually wakes me up because I know what it is subconsciously. CHAR

(I haven't taught the cat or dog to bring in groceries yet, so OED, you are trainable at your age. )
Old earth dog

Post by Old earth dog »

Old dogs are NEVER to old to learn new tricks! :wink:
wishiwere
USDA Zone: 5

Post by wishiwere »

We have a slider pocket door and used to shut it at night b/c the childcare room was in that room used only during the day. My 'brat-cat from hell-O' used to use her nails to get it open. Then of course after she made it in, the dogs used their noses and shoulders to make their way in. I couldn't lock it after that, b/c she'd scratch till someone woke up. I feared coming home from vacation and having forgotten and locked it that she would have have scratch a cat sized hole through it!

She's also the one that reaches for door knobs when you let the dogs in or out, pulling it open with you! NUTS!
Jane (from the middle of the Mitten state)
My hosta list: viewtopic.php?t=39540
New Topic Post Reply