Puppy's Passing

Use this area to talk about your pets!

Moderator: Chris_W

Lionitus

Puppy's Passing

Post by Lionitus »

I haven't visited in a while, been struggling with sick kitty and a cancer scare of my own. I wanted to tell you all here that Puppy the Cat has passed away. You all have been so kind in giving me help, consolation and courage. My heart is breaking, but it was best for Puppy. He was in pain and suffering. Even though I know that that is true, the guilt I feel over putting him to sleep is very hard to swallow.

I will miss him terribly. He was so sweet and loving. He wanted nothing more than to cuddle with us. He had a sweet sort of little whistle in his purr that would lull me to sleep at night as he lay his head next to mine on my pillow. I take comfort in knowing that my husband and I gave him a loving, safe, comfortable and very happy home. He was 16 years old.

Thank you all for being available to help me with this along the way. I appreciate each and every one of you.

Lionitus
Attachments
PuppySmiles1.JPG
Deb118

Post by Deb118 »

My heart goes out to you... :cry:

Just This Side Of Heaven is A Place Called Rainbow Bridge....

When an animal dies that has been especially close to someone here, that pet goes to Rainbow Bridge. There are meadows and hills for all of our special friends so they can run and play together. There is plenty of food, water and sunshine, and our friends are warm and comfortable.

All the animals who had been ill and old are restored to health and vigor. Those who were hurt or maimed are made whole and strong again, just as we remember them in our dreams of days and times gone by. The animals are happy and content, except for one small thing; they each miss someone very special to them, who had to be left behind.
They all run and play together, but the day comes when one suddenly stops and looks into the distance. His bright eyes are intent. His eager body quivers. Suddenly he begins to run from the group, flying over the green grass, his legs carrying him faster and faster.

You have been spotted, and when you and your special friend finally meet, you cling together in joyous reunion, never to be parted again. The happy kisses rain upon your face; your hands again caress the beloved head, and you look once more into the trusting eyes of your pet, so long gone from your life but never absent from your heart.

Then you cross Rainbow Bridge together....

Author unknown...
"Hold fast to dreams for if dreams die, life is a broken-winged bird that cannot fly." -Langston Hughes
jmboyer

Post by jmboyer »

Beautifully said, Deb. (((Lionitus))), my deepest condolences to you and your family. You gave Puppy extraordinary love and care. You can take comfort in knowing that you made his life a joy to live. May the treasured memories of Puppy live in your heart.
LucyGoose

Post by LucyGoose »

Oh Lionitus, I was wondering about you! I am so sorry and want you to know, I know exactly how you feel.

(((((((((((((Lionitus)))))))))))))

Here is the link for the poem Deb gave....Lots of stuff there to help....

http://rainbowsbridge.com/Poem.htm

Take Care!!
patsue53

Post by patsue53 »

My heart aches for you. :( Like many others in this forum, we've been there and know your pain. Puppy was a lucky kitty to have known such love. The smile on his face shows that he knew that. :)
PeggyC

Post by PeggyC »

I'm so very sorry to hear of Puppy's passing. My heart goes out to you and I know you will miss him so much! May the memories of your time together bring you comfort and peace in the days ahead. Hugs to you. Peg
"A friend is someone who knows the song of your soul and sings it back to you when you have forgotten the words."

PeggyC's Hosta List
Pandora
USDA Zone: z5 OH

Post by Pandora »

Awww, that is truly sad news. Maybe you could rephrase "putting to sleep". What you did was have such great compassion that you eased his pain at the time he needed you most. He could not do it, he needed you. You gave him a loving gift when the time was right.
mooie

Post by mooie »

I cannot say it any better than the poem and I hope I will greet my lost furkids in this manner. I remember what my late husband told me one time with the cattle and it holds true for all animals...when they look you in the eye and you know that you are the only one who can do what needs to be done, you have to do it. God bless you.

mooie
~Imagine~
Garden_of_Mu
USDA Zone: 7

Post by Garden_of_Mu »

He was such a pretty boy. My condolances on your loss. :cry:
~ Mike

“Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don’t
matter and those who matter don’t mind.” - Theodore Geisel, aka Dr.
Seuss
doublemom2
USDA Zone: 8

Post by doublemom2 »

Puppy was blessed to spend 16 good years with you, and you'll always be blessed to have had such a good friend. My kitty is sitting next to me as I type this, and I just can't imagine not having her with me. (((Hugs))) to you, it's hard but eventually the good memories will be stronger than losing her, and you'll be glad for all the time that you had.

Andi
Andi
Discover Wildlife... Have Twins!!!
Old earth dog

Post by Old earth dog »

(((((((((((((((Lionitus and DH)))))))))))))))))))))
YOu didn't put puppy to sleep. You gave him a new awakening in a better place.
Tundra_Queen

Post by Tundra_Queen »

Oh Lionitus I'm so sorry for your loss ((((hugs))))). I know that puppy is in a happy place now and no longer in pain.

Debbie

newtohosta-no more

Post by newtohosta-no more »

((((Lionitus))))))
You gave Puppy a loving home and when the time came to help ease Puppy's pain , you did what was best for him. Bless you for making that hard decision. We all understand your grief at his loss, but like has been said before, we also know that someday we'll all be reunited with our precious pets. I like the way OED said it. Puppy is now painfree, running and playing, and just waiting for the day that he will see you again.
~JOAN~
My Hosta List

Tomorrow is promised to no one, so love and laugh today.
Snow

Post by Snow »

Oh dear lady - I know what you're going through. I'm so very sorry that you have to go through it - but take comfort in knowing you did what was right for Puppy . I've been there too recently not to feel your pain. God bless ....
~*Snow*~
Patrushka
USDA Zone: 5a

Post by Patrushka »

(((((Lionitus))))) I am so sorry for your loss. :cry: I hope that you will find comfort in your fond memories of Puppy and in knowing that you did your best for him his whole life through.
Pat
My Hosta List

Keep your face always toward the sunshine and the shadows will fall behind you.
~ Walt Whitman
Lionitus

Post by Lionitus »

Thank you all so much. Deb, thank you for the poem, I do so hope I can hold Puppy again and hear him purr. And LucyGoose, I'm very touched that you were thinking of me.

I miss him so terribly. He was one of those kitties who when you picked him up he pressed into you because he liked the feel of you. He would rub the side of my head or my ear with his soft face. He was so, so sweet and I just want him back. I know that's selfish. I remember being a little girl and losing my first pet. My Father, who also has a very tender heart when it comes to animals, explained to me that if I wanted to raise pets I had to deal with the inevitable at some point (he didn't put it quite that way, but that's how best I can explain what he said.)

You are all such a help and a treasure at a time like this. Thanks for helping to ease my bruised heart.
newtohosta-no more

Post by newtohosta-no more »

I wish we could all give you a hug and a shoulder to cry on, but obviously we can't. :( Just know that we understand and our hearts are saddened for what you are experiencing right now.We've all been there and dread the day when we have to deal with the pain of loss again. You were very fortunate to have such a kind and gentle father to help you deal with something like this as a child. He obviously raised you to be a caring and loving individual and your Puppy was very fortunate to have a home with you as long as he did. Cry for his loss in your life, but someday soon you will be able to smile with the many memories you have of him.
~JOAN~
My Hosta List

Tomorrow is promised to no one, so love and laugh today.
wingnut

Post by wingnut »

(((((Lionitus))))))) Im so sorry for your loss.
LucyGoose

Post by LucyGoose »

I have to say......Joan, you said that so good!!

(((((((((More Huggs, Lionitus)))))))))
amr-ind

Post by amr-ind »

((((Lionitus and DH))))

My prayers and thoughts are with you during your time of loss. It is never easy to help our furr friends like this. . .

Ann
New Topic Post Reply