Pet Geneology

Use this area to talk about your pets!

Moderator: Chris_W

Deb118

Pet Geneology

Post by Deb118 »

"Hold fast to dreams for if dreams die, life is a broken-winged bird that cannot fly." -Langston Hughes
Old earth dog

Post by Old earth dog »

Very :cool: I've traced Thunders all the way back to the late 1800s when the GSD was first becomming a distinct breed.
Patrushka
USDA Zone: 5a

Post by Patrushka »

No, I'm afraid it would be impossible to trace our dogs' ancestry. :???: I don't know if Jasmine's mother was registered or what her full name was and I don't know who Jasmine's father was. :roll: I think Liesel is the product of something comparable to a puppy mill. :o
Pat
My Hosta List

Keep your face always toward the sunshine and the shadows will fall behind you.
~ Walt Whitman
janet

Post by janet »

Your Chopper and my Meg are (were :cry: ) distant kin, Deb. Does that make us in-laws? :wink: You can take it back even further...to the point where they were still crossing with Collies in the 1920's. http://bowlingsite.mcf.com/Imports/WeeLaird.html

Wee Laird has had a HUGE impact on Shelties in this country as you can see from this list http://bowlingsite.mcf.com/Percents/WeeLaird.html

There's a really good book on Shetland Sheepdog lines, if you're interested, with a bit of history on some of the most notable breeders.
jd in nh
janet's list
It is well to remember that the entire universe, with one trifling exception, is composed of others. --John Andrew Holmes
Deb118

Post by Deb118 »

Great links, Janet! It's really interesting reading about all the Champions in his bloodline. (I knew he was special :D )
"Hold fast to dreams for if dreams die, life is a broken-winged bird that cannot fly." -Langston Hughes
New Topic Post Reply