Good thoughts and prayers please

Use this area to talk about your pets!

Moderator: Chris_W

Garden_of_Mu
USDA Zone: 7

Post by Garden_of_Mu »

Still no sign of Gracie, it's like she vanished into thin air. We'll keep hoping, but at this point if she hasn't shown up someone probably has taken her in and is keeping her. We'll leave the flyers up another week, but today is the last day I'm going to the animal services building. Its just too depressing there, and the employees are rude. Her info is on file. Maybe she'll turn up yet.

All your thoughts and prayers are appreciated.
~ Mike

“Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don’t
matter and those who matter don’t mind.” - Theodore Geisel, aka Dr.
Seuss
janey

Post by janey »

For sure! Keep us posted.

Our Banks did what Mike's cat did....was gone all day and all night....came home beaten up from an obvious cat fight. Banks slunk down to the farthest reaches of the basement and stayed there all day recovering. Hasn't gone away since.

Hope all is well w/ Gracie. Please let us know if she came home!
janey

Post by janey »

Didn't see your last post on page 2...

Animals have been known to get back home after months lost...We will all hope that Gracie will appear when least expected, and in the meantime is being loved and well cared for.

I am so sorry....
PeggyC

Post by PeggyC »

:cry: Oh man, Mike, I am so very sorry. I'm still hoping she will come home!
"A friend is someone who knows the song of your soul and sings it back to you when you have forgotten the words."

PeggyC's Hosta List
jmboyer

Post by jmboyer »

Oh, how sad....but please don't give up, Mike. Cats have a remarkable will to get back to their humans. We are all sending good thoughts your way.
LucyGoose

Post by LucyGoose »

Awwww man.....I don't know what to say.......I hope that she still comes back home soon....

I'm so sorry, Mike! :(
patsue53

Post by patsue53 »

:( I'm sorry she hasn't shown up, Mike. She's such a pretty girl it's likely that someone decided she'd make a good pet for their household. Hopefully she'll get out someday and come home. I still hold out hope that Sylvie will come back now that spring is almost here. Still hoping for a happy ending for you.
newtohosta-no more

Post by newtohosta-no more »

I believe there are more kind hearted animal lovers out there in the world than mean people, so I would believe like you do , Mike. She probably wondered off and someone has adopted her. They may have thought she was lost and needed a home. She may yet return. I worried myself to death over one of the outdoor cats that I feed when one of them dissappeared for over a week, but finally he came home none the worse for the wear. He's stuck pretty close to home since then. I can't figure out where he went and why he stayed gone for so long. I did think that maybe he got stuck in someone's shed or garage, but I guess I'll never know. I'll keep hoping and praying that she returns to you safe and sound.
~JOAN~
My Hosta List

Tomorrow is promised to no one, so love and laugh today.
wingnut

Post by wingnut »

Mike, my Moms cat went missing once. Neighbor brought it over 2 days later,she had gotten into their shed while the doors were open. 2 days later when the went back out to the shed there she was. Just a thought.. maybe she got into someones garage or shed?

Good luck thoughts are coming your way.
Rebekah

Post by Rebekah »

I hope Grace returns home soon, safe and sound.
lazygardner

Post by lazygardner »

me too ((((((MU)))))))
Before criticizing someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them you will be a mile away and have their shoes!
Blackkat

Post by Blackkat »

Not knowing what happened to your beloved pet is such an awful experience. You are definitely in my thoughts and prayers. Fliers do help, especially if they are written in such a way to really appeal to the emotions of those reading them. When Sarah disappeared, I got two calls. One was from a man who searched behind his house in a field and found her. I wish I had a happier ending to that story, but at least I knew what happened to her, and my husband and I could put her to rest somewhere that is now sacred to us.

This same cat found her way into the neighbor's shed and was missing in the hot summer for 3 days. One night, as I was calling her yet again, I decided to kill a few slugs. As I got closer to that shed, I could hear meowing. At 2 a.m., I wasn't about to awaken my neighbor, but flung that door open myself. There's no law in the world that would have stopped me! Sarah was okay, just very hungry and thirsty. I took her for a checkup at the vet anyway and she was fine. Now, when any of my cats take off, I tend to roam the neighborhood talking to sheds.

Another incident with her sister, Selena, took place several years ago when she disappeared for nearly a week. Then, as if nothing had happened, she just showed up at our bedroom window one night.

I hope things work out. Hang in there, Mike.
Pam R

Post by Pam R »

Mike, I am so sorry. I know how you must feel. My cat Russell has stayed out over night a few times, and I have slept on the kitchen floor waiting for him to return.

She may well have been adopted by another loving family. When I was 8 my Dad bought a Siamese cat and we kept him inside for about 2 months. After going outside for a few months, he disappeared for 3 weeks. We were so surprised when he returned. We always thought someone took him in, and when they decided enough time had passed, they let him go out. He lived to be 18.

I am still hoping Gracie will come home.
<FONT COLOR="blue">Pam</FONT>
Ginger
USDA Zone: Zone 7

Post by Ginger »

Mike, hang in there dude. 2 of my Boxers got out of the yard and were gone for 5 days. We live out in the country and the only way we got them back was putting up flyers all over the place. Keep putting up flyers and hope for the best. Someone may have her and see the flyer and call.
It is really hard not knowing where they are. Best of luck.

Ginger
wishiwere
USDA Zone: 5

Post by wishiwere »

Oh man :( I don't know how in the world I missed this post! Mike I am so sorry you are going through this! Prayers she comes home safely or someone calls to say they have her and didn't know she was owned. But how could someone not, she's such a beauty!

Keeping you all in my thoughts and prayers.
Jane (from the middle of the Mitten state)
My hosta list: viewtopic.php?t=39540
New Topic Post Reply