Litter box woes revisited and resolved!

Use this area to talk about your pets!

Moderator: Chris_W

janey

Litter box woes revisited and resolved!

Post by janey »

Hi all~

Just thought I'd bring anyone who was kind enough to help me w/ Banks and his ditchng of the litter box up to date.

All is well. I tried many suggested (thank you!)combinations and had limited success---until----get this, the litter box ended up at the top of the basement stairs in full vierw of anyone that happen to be passing by!! It landed there as it was being phased all the way down, and bingo, Banks is happy as can be with it there. Ignores all the other "private" boxes. He likes the one that's right there in front of everybody.

Does exhibitionism run in the feline family? :lol:

Now, guess I'll have to move it down oh-so-gradually. The litter box where it is may make Banks happy, but not his Mom!!! :P

And WHY is cat poop a tasty tidbit for the dog??? Gag! :evil:
Tundra_Queen

Post by Tundra_Queen »

cause it is high in protein and gag is right! I hate when they do that...ewwwww Glad the kitty likes the spot now.

Debbie

janet

Post by janet »

Glad it got resolved, janey! That dog thing is the reason my cat's litter box is in the (unused) downstairs bathtub. :lol: I had a cat once that would cover up the dog poop outside every day...a real neat freak!! :o
jd in nh
janet's list
It is well to remember that the entire universe, with one trifling exception, is composed of others. --John Andrew Holmes
caliloo
USDA Zone: SE PA z6

Post by caliloo »

:eek: Puppy kisses after a snack :eek:

Glad it is working out though.....

Alexa
jmboyer

Post by jmboyer »

That is so funny, Janey. I've had cats all my life and I never cease to be amazed by the unpredictable and sometimes uncharacteristic behaviors they can exhibit. An exhibitionist feline? Unreal.

About dogs eating cat poo (double ugh! I can scarcely think about it without becoming ill.): I actually put up a safety gate to keep my dogs from the litter boxes and scoop twice daily. It's a lot of work, but it keeps me from losing my lunch!
janey

Post by janey »

As I vacuum cat hair off my good furniture, and scoop cat poopies, and Bailey bombs outside. and clean up other lovely "presents" and scrape my shoes, and rebag the trash, and pay vet bills, I wonder if I should give them both a bath, and tie them outside w/ a sign on them:

FOR SALE----CHEAP.

Then they both go and do something warm and fuzzy and I fall for them all over again.

Goshdarnit. :wink:
PeggyC

Post by PeggyC »

:lol: Janey! I'm glad to hear that your litterbox issue is resolved. About dogs eating the cat poop, when I had Australian Shepherds, we herded sheep, cattle, ducks, etc. with them. They were always eating it! Blech! :???: The worst was we had one dog that would roll in it! :evil: That was just plain awful!
"A friend is someone who knows the song of your soul and sings it back to you when you have forgotten the words."

PeggyC's Hosta List
janey

Post by janey »

Oh, Peg~Loooovely!!!!

Guess I'll stop complaining. And after all, I do so love it when Bailey smells like what she just ate.

Eau de poop. :P
janet

Post by janet »

Just goes to prove that most dogs will eat cat food no matter what form it's in!! :wink: :lol:
jd in nh
janet's list
It is well to remember that the entire universe, with one trifling exception, is composed of others. --John Andrew Holmes
Justaysam

Post by Justaysam »

Thanks for all the insights everyone, I thought MY dogs were the only sicko's who thought the cat box was their private snack box. GROSS So glad I am not alone.
newtohosta-no more

Post by newtohosta-no more »

Gag Gag Gag!!!! That is enough to make you sick to your stomach!!
Glad you got the litter box problem solved! Cats...Sheesh...you just never know what will please them!
We spend a small fortune on our pets, but gosh do we love them!! :)
~JOAN~
My Hosta List

Tomorrow is promised to no one, so love and laugh today.
LucyGoose

Post by LucyGoose »

Glad you got the litter box problem fixed!!

You guys aren't alone with the dog eating cat poo....We have a gate up to the basement stairs where the litter box is.....about 5 years ago, I got a call at work from my step-daughter and sister that Ginger was barfing and she did it on the bed, and it was black and STUNK!! COME HOME!! I couldn't come home as I was new at that job.....I said, clean it up.....It was the cat poo that she ate.....as she got older, she couldn't handle it any more....:lol:

To this day, she STILL tries to eat her OWN!! EVERYDAY!! Makes me soooo mad..... :evil:
Old earth dog

Post by Old earth dog »

Gonna have to get me a cat. Feeding the dogs is getting expensive. :eek: :D :wink:
janey

Post by janey »

Riiiiiiiight--

OED, if you got a cat,( :eek: ) you'd probably feed IT to the dogs!

:lol:
New Topic Post Reply