My Poor Curtis Needs Surgery

Use this area to talk about your pets!

Moderator: Chris_W

LucyGoose

My Poor Curtis Needs Surgery

Post by LucyGoose »

I just got back from an almost 2 hour visit to the vet tonight..... :(

Yesterday, before I had to get ready for work, Curtis came into the puter room and wiggled his tail, like real fast and squatted and started to pee..... :o He did that 6 months ago when we had to take him in for that urinary track crap he had....Anyway, I ran down stairs to check the litter, (I had already scooped it earlier that morning and everything seemed fine) and sure enough, a bunch of tiny little pee's on the top......I was thinking here we go again.....Called the vet and got him in today.....They took ex-ray's and he has a stone/stones in the bladder.... :cry: SURGERY......They started the antibiotic's with a shot and I have to keep him on them till next thursday.....They were all booked up, too, so my vet is coming in on her day off to do it.......They didn't want him to wait.....I love them.....

Between my root canal/cap and now this (today was $150.00....surgery $350) DH better keep working those doubles.... :lol: But what are you to do??? He is family!!!!

Right now he is in the dog kennel. (It's a big one) I don't want him squatting.... Vet says keep him there another 24 hours till I let him have the house again.....Poor baby.....

Thanks for letting me rattle.....Wish him luck......Thanks!!!
Attachments
s 259.jpg
Patrushka
USDA Zone: 5a

Post by Patrushka »

(((((LucyGoose & Curtis)))))
Pat
My Hosta List

Keep your face always toward the sunshine and the shadows will fall behind you.
~ Walt Whitman
Old earth dog

Post by Old earth dog »

Hang in there sis! My brothers dog went through that surgery and did great. :wink:
LucyGoose

Post by LucyGoose »

Thanks Pat & Bro!!

Yeah, we have to wait to see what the blood & Urine test says, to see what kind of stone it is or something like that, so we can feed him certain food so we can hopefully keep it from coming back.....oh, and I should say he is going to be 11 years old soon.

Thanks!
Rebekah

Post by Rebekah »

I'm sorry that surgery is needed.

Best of luck. I'm sure everything will be fine.
patsue53

Post by patsue53 »

Poor Curtis! :( I had a cat that was prone to urinary blockages. We started him on food that was low in ash and magnesium (I think). It put an end to the problem. Good luck to your beautiful Blue-eyed Curtis.
LucyGoose

Post by LucyGoose »

Thanks Rebekah & Pat!

Pat, he has been on that prescription food since the last time.... :???: We might have to change it again, though...Thanks for mentioning it.... :D

I hope this is the only surgery he will have to have for this....Or lets say this BEST be the last time.... :lol:
jmboyer

Post by jmboyer »

Oh, that poor baby. Lucy, I know how much you love Curtis and can imagine that you are just beside yourself with worry over him. Let's hope that surgery helps the little guy recover permanently and that he is back to his old self again soon. Hugs to you and Curtis. Let us know how things are going.
wishiwere
USDA Zone: 5

Post by wishiwere »

Oh I love those eyes! :o

Keep us updated Lucy! Poor furbaby!

Low mag and ash huh, good to know!

So what day is he having surgery then? Next week?
Jane (from the middle of the Mitten state)
My hosta list: viewtopic.php?t=39540
PeggyC

Post by PeggyC »

Oooohhh Lucy, I'm so very sorry to hear this news! He is such a beautiful guy and I know how much you love him! My thoughts and prayers will be with you! {{{{Lucy}}}}
"A friend is someone who knows the song of your soul and sings it back to you when you have forgotten the words."

PeggyC's Hosta List
LucyGoose

Post by LucyGoose »

Thanks again everyone....

Jane, he is having surgery next thursday....I almost can't wait, so that he feels better....now I know why he was whining and scratching the basement stair walls like clock work just about every evening.......But cats are so weird, that I didn't take it as anything....He would do that then, quit. He has always been a lover boy, so when he would jump up in bed and lay with me, but then jump down fast after a min or two, I though he just wanted to go be with the dog.....I don't know....you think back at how he was acting, but then it's so suttle (sp, and spell check doesn't get it...hehe) you don't think it is anything....Poor thing....I know it must be hurting....I just want it over....When DH came home late last night and I told him the news, he :eek: at the money part.....He asked when are we putting him down..... :evil: OF COURSE he was kidding!!!........He loves him too, but had to say that.....We hate that the pets are up in age..... :(

Thanks again......
wishiwere

Post by wishiwere »

Yes, both the twin 'cockers' are on lasix and one on thyroxine. Thank heavens they are healthy when on it, b/c if they were hurting I'd be hurting :( One is deaf (completely) and nearly blind, and the other is going deaf and having problems in the dark more now. Just sad, till you see how much they still enjoy the out of doors, and treats :) Fat free mind you. And of course, the bunny treats and chases! :) And yes, the cost of cardivascular foods and meds can be mindbogling. Am I really investing that much into the dogs each month? LOL

Some would probably think we are nuts hey? :)
Jane (from the middle of the Mitten state)
My hosta list: viewtopic.php?t=39540
Annie

Post by Annie »

Aww poor baby :(
Hoping he is feeling better!!
I love his big ole round charlie brown looking head, I love the big kittys like him!!
Will be thinking of you and your baby.
If dandelions were hard to grow, they would be most welcome on any lawn. ~Andrew Mason

~~Annie~~
Deb118

Post by Deb118 »

(((Lucy & Curtis)))
He'll do fine! I had a cat, way back when, that had that crystal stuff happening and Smokey ended up having to have the surgery. He came through just fine. Do you have to watch the type of food you feed him? For Smokey, I had to stay away from anything that had fish in it. Seems the fish helps cause it :???:
"Hold fast to dreams for if dreams die, life is a broken-winged bird that cannot fly." -Langston Hughes
kHT
USDA Zone: 7-8 Z-nial

Post by kHT »

(((LG and Curtis))) with Double ((((((Jay))))))
pauhaus
USDA Zone: 5b

Post by pauhaus »

Sorry to hear about Curtis, Lucy :cry: Hope he will be well very soon! He sure is a beauty.
Paul
My Hosta List

“With fronds like you, who needs anemones.”
Snow

Post by Snow »

Good luck Curtis! You are such a beautiful boy - worth every penny Mom and Dad are spending on you. Bless your little heart :wink:
~*Snow*~
janey

Post by janey »

Pets are like little tykes...they don't have the understanding of why they hurt and that makes it worse for us to bear.

Sorry, LG, that you and Curtis both have to go through this.

Hope all is well soon!
Tundra_Queen

Post by Tundra_Queen »

Ahhhh Lucy, I'm so sorry to hear about poor Curtis. Poor baby. *HUGS going out to him and you*

Debbie

LucyGoose

Post by LucyGoose »

Thanks everyone!

But now I am more worried.. :( ...He has not went pee or poop today and when DH and I came back tonight after eating corned beef and cabbage, he has thrown up....like a lot.....I hope to God he isn't blocked... :cry: ...First thing at 9am tomorrow morning, I will be waiting at the vet's door with him......I bet he has to have the surgery now....Man, I am worried....he is quiet right now, this evening too......shoot, I hate to jump and go to the emergency vet, cause they really rack up the bill.....I will see what happens tonight....

Going on the 3rd night (tonight probably the least) without good sleep..... :( :cry:
New Topic Post Reply