My Poor Curtis Needs Surgery

Use this area to talk about your pets!

Moderator: Chris_W

Tundra_Queen

Post by Tundra_Queen »

Lucy, I'm so glad that Curtis is doing better. I was worried about him as u hadn't posted for a couple of days, but am so glad he is doing better.
Debbie :-)

Lionitus

Post by Lionitus »

My goodness, you and Curtis have had a quite a time of it. I am praying for his continued recovery (and yours too!)

Lionitus
PeggyC

Post by PeggyC »

Lucy, I'm SO glad to hear that Curtis is doing better! :P I know that you've worried and worried. :( Be sure to let us know what the vet says today.
"A friend is someone who knows the song of your soul and sings it back to you when you have forgotten the words."

PeggyC's Hosta List
Snow

Post by Snow »

Hang in there, Curtis and Mom :wink:
~*Snow*~
LucyGoose

Post by LucyGoose »

Oh, thanks you guys!!

Well, were back from the vet, and Curtis is going to stay in the kennel a bit longer....only because he seems to be peeing straight outside the box sometimes, plus I saw him the other day doing that tail wiggle and just tinkling. If you could only see our set up, I don't know how he is getting it outside the kennel...... :???: We have cardboard that we put along the sides, on the end of the kennel that the litter box is.....DH pokes holes with a nail punch, and then we use twist ties, one on each side to hold it right next to the cage.....then the bottom flaps are folded under and the box sits on that. So when he misses the little box, the cardboard soaks it up and then when he kinda stands and pees, it hits the cardboard instead of the floor.....Can you understand what the heck I'm saying?? :lol: He faces the other end and can see out good, and the dog is right there half the time......Okay, now he still has to take meds for two more weeks, she cut the steroids to just every other day, and when we get the results of the stones back we will see for sure how to feed.....So, I guess he is doing good......I can tell he wants out of the kennel, but he isn't making a big old fuss about it.....he's pretty content....So until his peeing get back to normal, he still just has to recoup.....The vet said she is not surprised that is is longer cause of the difficult surgery.....He isn't peeing blood anymore, so that's good ....the pee on the floor when I got home from work was just yellow.....:lol: Thanks God for that NOW stuff, for pet pee oder.....:lol.....Did I leave anything out? :lol: I know I willl be glad when I have him out of that kennel and a normal Curtie Boy back!! :D

Thanks again you guys for asking about him..... :D
Patrushka
USDA Zone: 5a

Post by Patrushka »

I'm so glad that you got good news at the vet's and that Curtis is doing better. :D
Pat
My Hosta List

Keep your face always toward the sunshine and the shadows will fall behind you.
~ Walt Whitman
Tundra_Queen

Post by Tundra_Queen »

Lucy, I'm glad Curtis is doing better and the vet thinks he is coming along fine.

Do u think this operation well...errrr....hmmm...
messed up his eeerrr ..ummmm.. pee hole? I mean to give it more force or to make it not go in the direction it use to?

OED, I'm being serious here, quit your laughing. :-) It just seems like thingse mayb got a bit tweeted during surgery?

Debbie

LucyGoose

Post by LucyGoose »

:hmm: :o :lol: ................No, I don't think it got bent or anything, Debbie......:lol:

He just has to recoup a little longer...... :wink:
janey

Post by janey »

Poor Curtis! Can you imagine how he'd feel if he knew everyone was discussing his, uhhhhh, plumbing and its.... direction??? I thought somone said cats want privacy in this department! :lol:

Curtis, you just get all better and then we'll promise not to discuss your personal problems anymore!!! We're just concerned, that's all.
janet

Post by janet »

Hey janey, aren't you the one who went into great detail on the bowel habits of your dogs???! :o :lol:

LG, glad to hear everything is getting back to normal for Curtis. :wink:
jd in nh
janet's list
It is well to remember that the entire universe, with one trifling exception, is composed of others. --John Andrew Holmes
janey

Post by janey »

Janet!!

I did not go into great detail of the personal habits of my dog...I merely went into great detail of the slip and slide aftermath w/ the clean-up!!! I believe if you go back and revisit that post you will see that I tried to put things most delicately and with great attention to "politely" state the facts.

Uh huh. :lol: :lol: :lol:
LucyGoose

Post by LucyGoose »

OMG......You guys are too much!! :lol: :lol:

He is doing good......His eye is all healed.....(did I mention that before?) :D
Tundra_Queen

Post by Tundra_Queen »

Lucy, glad to hear Curtis' eye is all better, he doesn't need anymore holes giving him trouble. :lol: :lol:
(Sorry I couldn't resist. :lol: )

Debbie

newtohosta-no more

Post by newtohosta-no more »

Good to hear that Curtis is on the mend. Hope he'll be free of the kennel soon and won't be having misdirection problems when he whizzes. :lol: Sounds like you and Jay came up with a clever plan to handle his bad aim.....Curtis' aim, that is....not Jay's.... :oops: I don't know anything about Jay's aim. :roll: :lol:
~JOAN~
My Hosta List

Tomorrow is promised to no one, so love and laugh today.
Patrushka
USDA Zone: 5a

Post by Patrushka »

:lol: :lol: :lol: Joan.
Pat
My Hosta List

Keep your face always toward the sunshine and the shadows will fall behind you.
~ Walt Whitman
PeggyC

Post by PeggyC »

YooHoo Luuuuccyy!!! Has Curtis made it out of the kennel yet? How's he doing? :-?
"A friend is someone who knows the song of your soul and sings it back to you when you have forgotten the words."

PeggyC's Hosta List
Tundra_Queen

Post by Tundra_Queen »

:lol: :lol: @ Joan

Old earth dog

Post by Old earth dog »

:eek: @ TQ :o :o ??TWEETED?? :o :o That's gotta hurt! :o
Joan, yer wantin entirely to much info from Lucy. :lol: :lol: :wink:
LucyGoose

Post by LucyGoose »

:lol: :lol: You guys!! :lol: :lol:

Nope Peg, he is still in the kennel....Not sure when I will let him out ......I'll just have to wait and see how he is doing.....Although, I have noticed that he IS covering his pee again.....and he isn't laying in the litter.....Maybe this weekend...I don't know.... :roll:
Tundra_Queen

Post by Tundra_Queen »

Lucy, I'm glad Curtis is covering his pee again,,,,,BUT HOW IS HIS AIM? :lol: :lol:

New Topic Post Reply