My Poor Curtis Needs Surgery

Use this area to talk about your pets!

Moderator: Chris_W

LucyGoose

Post by LucyGoose »

Morning!!

Well, I let the boy out of the kennel late last night....After talking to Joan on the cell, I went into the kitchen, and he was crying a bit, wanting some loving, and I just picked him up loved on him and sat him down on the floor......He was just a rubbing and purring on me......I was talking to him, and called him to follow me to the basement. He followed talking the whole way.....I put him in a litter box to remind him where it was, and then we went upstairs......He followed me most the rest of the night.....BUT, when I checked the litter this morning, I only saw footsteps in one, and NOTHING! He is sleeping on the couch, so I will be expecting him to go when he gets up.....I hope he is a good boy and I don't have to put his butt back in the kennel.....

Wish me luck.... Or should I say HIM! :lol:
wishiwere
USDA Zone: 5

Post by wishiwere »

COME ON CURTIS! :D We have faith you can pee straight in the right box big guy! :) :D
Jane (from the middle of the Mitten state)
My hosta list: viewtopic.php?t=39540
janey

Post by janey »

C'Mon Curtis!!!

Just keep saying to yourself
Litter box, litter box, aim straight, litter box
I thnk I can, I think I can.....

:D
LucyGoose

Post by LucyGoose »

Ya know what, he still hasn't done anything, and now he is on my bed, under the covers sleeping.....:lol: Sheesh :roll: Well, all he did in the kennel was sleep, too.....So I will let him be for now.....But man....:lol:

Mother here, worrying......:lol:
newtohosta-no more

Post by newtohosta-no more »

I'm not sure how often a cat needs to urinate, but I sure hope he goes and tinkles soon in the litter box! It would sure relieve your worries, LG. Just keep an eye on him and I hope everything comes out okay....no pun intended. :???:
~JOAN~
My Hosta List

Tomorrow is promised to no one, so love and laugh today.
LucyGoose

Post by LucyGoose »

Well, he did go once today, then we just got back home from a party, and he went two more times!! :beer: That scoopable litter is so nice, and you really want it back when you do clay again.....I am leaving him out now, unless I see anything different.....I hope this is the end of his problems....I still haven't heard back on the results of the stones, but should pretty soon.....

Thanks everyone!! It helped to talk about it, and maybe it helps someone if they ever should have to go through this stuff, too...
Never get a cat.... :o ...Just kidding!! Really!! :lol: :lol: :wink:

Thanks again!!!! :D
Tundra_Queen

Post by Tundra_Queen »

Yeahhhhh curtis!!! I knew u had it in ya,,,, and I knew u could get it out too. :-)

Debbie

janey

Post by janey »

Debbie!! You are too much! :lol:

LG~sounds like things are just getting better and better for Curtis---and Mom!

Hope this is the week that everything settles back to normal. You both deserve that!
:D
LucyGoose

Post by LucyGoose »

Well, the vet called me today on the stones.....Some big long name, but it was the kind she had suspected...(whatever they are..hehe) The bad thing she said is they have a high recurrent rate.... :( ....But to keep him on the diet he is on, and try to get him to drink more water...(Oh sure) But if I see anything that might THINK he had something wrong to come back in.....She said that in a few months I might want to bring him in to get a urine sample to see if the PH (I think that's what she said) is high and there are other things they can do besides surgery...somthing about vitamin B6 shots and something else....Sooooo, I think I am done posting about him for now...He is happy to be out with his buddy, Ginger, and vise versa....Seems to be doing everything right, too.....Boy I hope none of you guys have this happen to your kitties....

THANKS FORUM BUDDIES!!! ((((((HUGGS FROM ME & CURTIS))))))
newtohosta-no more

Post by newtohosta-no more »

I hope Curtis won't be bothered by this again. Maybe by keeping him on the special diet and following the Vet's other advice you can avoid formation of more stones. Poor baby. Good luck, LG!! :D
~JOAN~
My Hosta List

Tomorrow is promised to no one, so love and laugh today.
janey

Post by janey »

LG & Curtis~

YOU'RE WELCOME!!!! :D

And welcome back to "normal". Personally, I have no idea what "normal" is, never having been acquainted with it, but the idea of it is nice. :???:
Tundra_Queen

Post by Tundra_Queen »

Yeah Curtis and Lucy!!! *doing the happy kitty dance*

Debbie :-)

New Topic Post Reply