Doggone poopy day

Use this area to talk about your pets!

Moderator: Chris_W

janey

Doggone poopy day

Post by janey »

Yesterday was not a good day....decided that w/ warm temps and some sun I needed to get out today for some yard work and mental therapy. That meant Phase I of yard clean up. Phase I consists of hunting and scooping Bailey bombs so I can do some serious raking.

OMG....who beside me has been feeding my dog????

Yikes! Prolific??? Mega!! And of course, the grass is still brown, the leaves that blew in are brown, the pine cones are brown, and well, you get the picture.

No matter how hard I looked I still experienced that yukky, but oh-so-familiar "squish and slide" . :P Thank goodness for rubber gloves and mucky ducks.

Why couldn't someone have planned things out a little better?? Bunny poop is gardener's gold. We actually pay for cow manure. WHY can't dog deposits be good for the lawn and garden???? I don't want a rabbit, and I'm not sure, but I would bet there is an ordinance against having a cow pasturing in a back yard here in good ol' residential GP.

Maaannn!!! Why didn't anyone ask me how to do things!?!?!?!?!? :evil:
Deb118

Post by Deb118 »

:lol: I feel your pain, Janey! With 4 little ones, it's impossible to walk anywhere :???: The only thing good about a good, hard rain is that it washes alot of it away :D
"Hold fast to dreams for if dreams die, life is a broken-winged bird that cannot fly." -Langston Hughes
Tundra_Queen

Post by Tundra_Queen »

:lol: :lol: Yep did the old slip and slide myself today! :lol: As the snow melts landmines keep showing up. Gary says he has been cleaning up after Tegan, but I told him he missed,,,, a whole bunch,,,,no pun intended. :lol:

Debbie

Old earth dog

Post by Old earth dog »

Janey, yer lucky Bailey doesn't weigh 80 lbs. :eek: :eek: :wink:
LucyGoose

Post by LucyGoose »

:lol: Janey! Yep, DH goes put with his pooper scooper pretty regular.......but when there is snow he doesn't, then it melts, it's like tons for him to pick up. Ginger's are big enough.....I always feel sorry for the paper girls, cause they walk right where she goes, too.....:lol:
janet

Post by janet »

This thread has definitely gone to the dogs! :o :wink:
jd in nh
janet's list
It is well to remember that the entire universe, with one trifling exception, is composed of others. --John Andrew Holmes
KellieD

Post by KellieD »

:lol: at Janet!!!

Got a few to pick up myself today!
Lionitus

Post by Lionitus »

Oh! Too funny. I have the same problem but, believe it or not, with kitty poo. I have four males who like to go outside and they have a few favorite places in the backyard. Although, I don't think they are quite as prolific as Janey describes!
Tundra_Queen

Post by Tundra_Queen »

more melting today so more surprise landmines showed up.

Tegan went to the vets today and she now weights 84lb!!! YIKES! She has gained 9lbs since hubs got her, she needs to learn to pull a sled to get more exercise :lol:

Debbie

Justaysam

Post by Justaysam »

Hey, you want to come to my house and pick up Newfoundland poop? Just kidding. I have 3 dogs and it is way more pleasant to get it when it is frozen. I do a walkabout with the plastic baggies every other day. I have 2 smallish kids, and one big one who do not even know when they have something stuck to their shoe until they track it into the house.
wishiwere
USDA Zone: 5

Post by wishiwere »

WEll with all this crappy talk, I got out there and did the doo-doo-duty too! OH MY what a bombed yard! And worse yet is all teh rabbit crap! Holy moly!

I'll have to get a pick tomorrow of under the trees! It's like wall to wall rabbit doo doo! Can that be a bad thing for plants?
Jane (from the middle of the Mitten state)
My hosta list: viewtopic.php?t=39540
Justaysam

Post by Justaysam »

No, all the rabbit droppings is a very good thing for the plants. Unless your dogs like to snack on them, as mine do.
wishiwere

Post by wishiwere »

For the most part the majority are under trees and bushes that will be filled out soon and with both going blind (one mostly blind now) they seemingly stay clear unless they are chasing the actually rabbit. Someone got one this winter as we found the afteraffects in the field yesterday! Fur everywhere!

I just wasn't sure it if was maybe too strong when it's so prolific! TH they didn't get any grapes this year again! So hopefully we'll get some fruit from this for the first year! :)
jmboyer

Post by jmboyer »

Janey, this is such a funny thread. I'm laughing myself silly because it rings so true. For weeks now, I've been putting off the chore of spring cleanup of winter poo. My three cats use their litter boxes, and 12-pound Blondie makes very dainty droppings....but 70-pound Chelsea? Yikes! She is definitely a champion poo-pooer. I'm hoping all the rain we've had will wash some of it away before I get out there this weekend and do the major clean-up of the year. I'm seriously considering investing in Dung Beetles! :D
wishiwere

Post by wishiwere »

Oh man! I certainly was glad to get it done while it was still frozen! First thing in the morning, it's nice and stiff and no gooeys! :lol:

Worse yet, my two digest a lot more of their food than the old lab next door that decided that new hosta garden I put in was a grand softer and so protected by the trees and fence, that I think he preferred it this year for his own private sitting! BRAT! I piled his up on the property line for the neighbor to dispose of, b/c after doing 2 acreas of our land, I was just too tired to carry his 30 lbs of doo-doos back to the drop bucket!

and it's STILL there tonight! This guy has till tomorrow night, or I move it to the back of his truck after dark! ROFL......... I don't mind occasionally, we all have animals, but geepers! This mutt can lay em down with the big boys! WHEW! Bought broke my back! LOL
Tundra_Queen

Post by Tundra_Queen »

rain to wash it away? :lol: I don't think even a flood could move Tegan's!! *ROTFLMBO* Maybe I'll be surprised next time I got out to clean up as we did get a lot of rain today,, :lol:

Debbie

wingnut

Post by wingnut »

JANEY, you had me laughing :lol: out loud with that whole discription of your back yard. You are a funny girl even if its a poopy subject,,,,,my kind of people. :wink:

I have 6 dogs and try to keep up with poop patrol at least 2x's a week in winter and everyday spring and summer.

and youre right...dog poo is good for nuttin'!

:lol:
New Topic Post Reply