Miracles really happen

Use this area to talk about your pets!

Moderator: Chris_W

Snow

Post by Snow »

Oh wow - I'm so happy!!!!!! I was heartsick for you - I know what it's like to love a Gracie. This is the best news :wink:
~*Snow*~
putnamgardens

Post by putnamgardens »

That's wonderful news. I bet she's happy to be home! You'll fatten her up in no time. I bet she won't stray far from home anymore. I'm glad for you....miracles do happen. Later, Love, Lisa
Have I mentioned lately that my drinking team has a hosta problem?
Tundra_Queen

Post by Tundra_Queen »

Mike, you'll have to get a collar on her, just in case she goes for a long walk again.

I make Wilbur's outta very thick, round black elastic string and thread beads thru the elastic. I make them big on him too and I have a reflective name tag on him, that says Help me, I'm a indoor kitty named willie, and I have our address and phone number on it too, just in case he ever gets out and goes away from home.

Debbie

Deb118

Post by Deb118 »

Cant say much more than what's already been said, but... :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D
"Hold fast to dreams for if dreams die, life is a broken-winged bird that cannot fly." -Langston Hughes
Pam R

Post by Pam R »

Mike, what great news. Your thread title brought tears to my eyes. I'm so happy for you and for Gracie, too!
<FONT COLOR="blue">Pam</FONT>
Patrushka
USDA Zone: 5a

Post by Patrushka »

Oh Mike, that's wonderful news!!! I love happy endings. :D
Pat
My Hosta List

Keep your face always toward the sunshine and the shadows will fall behind you.
~ Walt Whitman
Doris_J

Post by Doris_J »

I can't believe it! More proof that cats are amazing animals! I'm so glad she's back, Mike!
Violet_Skies

Post by Violet_Skies »

Brought tears to my eyes too to read this, because of how overjoyed you must have been to see her there...I'm glad she is settling back in at home, congratulations on your miracle!
You never know what the past will bring.
petal*pusher

Post by petal*pusher »

Wonderful news to share with everyone! Gracie has been missing a month or so, hasn't she??

Oh, the stories she could tell you!......p :wink:
newtohosta-no more

Post by newtohosta-no more »

What marvelous news!!! I had to fight back the tears as I read your post! You may never know where she has been this whole time, but thank goodness she's home safe and sound now. :D
~JOAN~
My Hosta List

Tomorrow is promised to no one, so love and laugh today.
Tundra_Queen

Post by Tundra_Queen »

Mike, can we have an update on Gracie please? How is she doing? Is she gaining weight?

Debbie

Garden_of_Mu
USDA Zone: 7

Post by Garden_of_Mu »

Gracie is indeed putting on weight. We noticed tonight that her hip bones are not as prominent as they were, but her spine is still pretty apparant. Hopefully she will continue putting on weight an get back to her normal self soon. It'll take some time. She went out to the garden with us today and stuck very close. She is being very good and appears any time she is called. I'm making an appointment at the groomers for next week to have her belly shaved to get the mats off. I think she'll feel alot better once it is done, though she is going to hate having to deal with it (which is why I am not doing it myself - I'll pay someone their blood money - literally :lol:).
~ Mike

“Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don’t
matter and those who matter don’t mind.” - Theodore Geisel, aka Dr.
Seuss
doublemom2
USDA Zone: 8

Post by doublemom2 »

Well Mike - I might just have to head back to your place on Monday to see her! I'm so glad she's home :)

Andi
Andi
Discover Wildlife... Have Twins!!!
putnamgardens

Post by putnamgardens »

Hey Mike: If you wanna get a head start on those belly knots, invest in a tappering shears. Occassionally there's a beauty supply shop that will sell to the public and NOT just cosmetologist. The taper or "finishing" shears have a jagged edge. They cut hair closer to the skin of the belly of the kitty and you and resolve your hair clumps without much trouble. My mainecoon used to let me "scissor" away his knots under his arms. It looked like a rabbit had died after I finished his tummy. NOT blood just fluff balls. It might cost $15.00 at a barber supply store. Otherwise the groomer. THANKS for the update and keep loving up Gracie. Later, Love, Lisa
Attachments
two cats and two dogs.jpg
Have I mentioned lately that my drinking team has a hosta problem?
lazygardner

Post by lazygardner »

I just saw this post for the first time and I can barely believe it!!! I am so happy for you all!!! I know you will have Gracie fat and sassy in no time. :D :D :D :D
Before criticizing someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them you will be a mile away and have their shoes!
Squash Blossom

Post by Squash Blossom »

I missed it too! One of our neighbors thought they'd lost their cat and it turned out she had managed to get in their attic when they were getting down some luggage. I was in charge of catsitting but could never find Sarah, but that wasn't too unusual as she would often hide when her family was away.

It was several days before the family returned and in the still of the night the husband thought he heard Sarah meowing. He went outside to see if she was on the roof or even had fallen down the chimney but very shortly he found her in the attic.

She didn't seem any worse for what had happened but made a mad dash for her litter box!!

Ann
To plant a garden is to believe in tomorrow.
wishiwere
USDA Zone: 5

Post by wishiwere »

Oh my! Can you imagine! being locked in an attic with the heat wave we'd just had! Poor kitty :(
Jane (from the middle of the Mitten state)
My hosta list: viewtopic.php?t=39540
Lionitus

Post by Lionitus »

Oh my gosh! How wonderful! I just saw this post. I'm so happy to hear this. I've heard of animals making their way home after disappearing for a long time and now I know (well, kind of) someone it's actually happened to. Don't you just wish she could tell you what the heck happened?

Congratulations! Hug to Gracie.
BillyB
USDA Zone: 6B

Post by BillyB »

:beer: Welcome home Gracie!
BillyB
"When one tugs at a single thing in nature, he finds it attached to the rest of the world." - John Muir
My Hosta List
New Topic Post Reply