Remember the 'mysterious' white hunter?

Use this area to talk about your pets!

Moderator: Chris_W

wishiwere
USDA Zone: 5

Remember the 'mysterious' white hunter?

Post by wishiwere »

Remember the white hunter that showed up to hunt under the feeders this winter?

She/he belongs to the neighbors and was hunting mice under the wood pile yesterday! The neighbor kids (renters kids) saw me out with the dogs in the gardens and starting quietly calling the cat (like my dogs would hurt it! LOL) She/he might have gotten slobbered, but that's its!

This is the same family that released the tamed lop-ear last summer when they no longer wanted for their students if you remember?

Our road is 45 minimum and I can't believe this let this out! It's huge and weighs a ton! I bet it's 20lbs!
Attachments
cat.jpg
Jane (from the middle of the Mitten state)
My hosta list: viewtopic.php?t=39540
LucyGoose

Post by LucyGoose »

What a pretty cat!! Yep, I remember that rabbit story.....That's a great picture! :D
PeggyC

Post by PeggyC »

I remember! What a gorgeous cat! I can't believe they've just turned it loose. :o
"A friend is someone who knows the song of your soul and sings it back to you when you have forgotten the words."

PeggyC's Hosta List
wishiwere

Post by wishiwere »

Not the sharpest tools in the garden shed, if you know what I mean! LOL And teachers to boot! Sadly. :(
Snow

Post by Snow »

Wow - sounds like they dont really give a darn :???:
~*Snow*~
wishiwere

Post by wishiwere »

Weirdest thing too. SHe wasn't large, long, but not fat by any stretch, but whoah :o !!!!! She had to weigh 20-25 lbs! I tried to scruff her to give her to the boys and I literally could not lift for her long! My little guys are 6 & 9 lbs! LOL This cat weighed nearly as much as my smaller cocker, I swear!
jmboyer

Post by jmboyer »

What a beautiful cat. I'm trying to see if she has some color or if I'm seeing shadows on her. White females are often deaf. Jane, are you saying that they discarded her? If so, what the heck is wrong with these people?
wishiwere

Post by wishiwere »

No, didn't release this one, but a tamed bunny they had been using at school all year and released it the middle of may when school let out. I caught it with a contraction we step up and found a home for it.

I am sure they won't have this long, as any 'free roaming' cat in the neighbor has never made it long before it's run- over :( the road is way to fast for them :(
newtohosta-no more

Post by newtohosta-no more »

I hate to think of such a beautiful furkid getting hit by a car. I hope she hangs around close to home and doesn't go near the road. :(
~JOAN~
My Hosta List

Tomorrow is promised to no one, so love and laugh today.
wishiwere

Post by wishiwere »

I've never seen her in the road. Weird thing is? This house was unlived in for years after ol' lady French died, and there was always a white cat over there, living in the basement (must have been a way in we didn't know about :). Then a few years after that one was run over :( another came along (all white) and was living in the house or barns (they'd started to renovate by this time) and the cat had kittens in the seat of our old '48 Ford Pickup out back. TH the seat needed replacing the next year anyway! LOL

Now this one. It's kind of spooky as it can hear, sees (as she's caught birds out here) and has no other color. And like I said she is so heavy! Not a fat tissue on her, very stocky! Hopefully she stays safe. I know she was mousing in our wood a couple days this while I was out there :)
lazygardner

Post by lazygardner »

Good luck kitty. I love big cats.
Before criticizing someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them you will be a mile away and have their shoes!
New Topic Post Reply