O.C's "BONES" the POOPER DAWG

Use this area to talk about your pets!

Moderator: Chris_W

oldcoot
USDA Zone: 8

O.C's "BONES" the POOPER DAWG

Post by oldcoot »

You have heard the story about old pooper dawg and how O.C.'s daughter picked him up on a back country road coming home from college. NOTHING but skin, bones, fleas, ticks, and mange. Once O.C. held the shoe box he was almost too small for, he knew he had to have this dog. We took him to vet, got him all cleaned up, shots, and brought him home. With O.C .'s dear, sweet, lovinging wife feeding he grew qickly and now weighs 70#. We knew by the purple spots inside his mouth that he was part chow, but had no IDEA what else he was. O.C. found out this week, the other part is an Anatolian (?) Sheep Dog..There is a lady on another site O.C. is on that breeds them, trains them and then sells them to sheep hearders. She posted a LOT of pictures of them with the sheep and O.C. swears, two of them looked just like this..He's calledPooper Dawg, bacause he is like O.C. some times forgets what he starts out to do and by the time he remember, he doesn't quite make it all the way. We don't fuss at him because he does try. I think that that is why he like sitting out in the sun on the porch, not so far to go....

Enjoy O.C.'s POOPER DAWG,,,,
Attachments
P-DAWG.jpg
P-Dawg-2.jpg
There may be snow in the garden, but there will always be eternal springtime in the heart of this old gardner - Saying of Old Coot
Tundra_Queen

Post by Tundra_Queen »

aww nice puppy! How long have u had him?

LucyGoose

Post by LucyGoose »

Awwwww, so that's Pooper Dawg......:lol:......He looks like a sweet pooch! You were so good to take him in....I want to know too, how long have you had him?

Thanks for the pictures!! :D
patsue53

Post by patsue53 »

He looks like a great dog. :D
PeggyC

Post by PeggyC »

:P He looks like a sweet guy, O.C. Thanks for sharing his pic with us!
"A friend is someone who knows the song of your soul and sings it back to you when you have forgotten the words."

PeggyC's Hosta List
oldcoot

For O.C. he not just a pet

Post by oldcoot »

He's part of the family. He is O.C.'s Friend and Companion. Rarely lets me out of his sight except when it's nice outside and THAT is his favorite place to sit or rather lay. In fact O.C. just went out on the deck to put out some bird seed andhe's already out there. BUT, if he gets to 80* today O.C.. bets he won't out there long. Too much hair.....

Thanks for liking old Pooper dog..he's a sweetie..

That Funny and VERY Friendly Old Coot, named John, REALLY enjoying Spring with all of God's pretty Flowers........and TODAY glowing with pride at the new ones blooming in HIS yard.
There may be snow in the garden, but there will always be eternal springtime in the heart of this old gardner - Saying of Old Coot
jmboyer

Post by jmboyer »

Now that's a good-looking fella. He looks like a wonderful companion. I'm so glad you rescued him. Give him a hug for me and thanks for letting us see his photo.
Blackkat

Post by Blackkat »

What a loveable looking dog and a great companion.
Squash Blossom

Post by Squash Blossom »

Pooper Dawg is a big guy!! I don't think it would be a good idea to try to put him in a shoebox today!! :wink:

That story reminded me of a lady who made a typo at PugVillage one time, intending to say she was taking her 19 lb. pug to a rescue fundraiser and undecided about a costume, she posted that the dog weighed 190 lbs. Her last remark was what would a 190 lb. pug wear for a costume?

The next person who replied said, "Anything he wanted to wear." :eek:

I've heard of Anatolian Sheep Dogs and I think they're reputed to be highly intelligent and very good natured.

I love the pictures!

Ann
To plant a garden is to believe in tomorrow.
thy
USDA Zone: 7

Post by thy »

Good looking dog, do you train him ???
Most shep dog need to know who the master is for real, but they are lovely dogs
Pia
Against stupidity the gods themselves struggle in vain.
E-mail for pics hostapics@gmail.com
Annie
USDA Zone: 5

Post by Annie »

Aww what a nice looking pup! Love his fuzzy look, and color.
If dandelions were hard to grow, they would be most welcome on any lawn. ~Andrew Mason

~~Annie~~
oldcoot

No, the only training we gave him

Post by oldcoot »

was to "go" outside instead of inside the house. But, he is VERY lovable and very Friendely. O.C. went out this morning to cut some Iris to take to a fried, and Pooper got down off the deck (where you saw him the other day. and walked by my Y-G Cart in the sun, and when I stopped to cut an Iris, he'd walk over and want to be petted. You could say he ROTTEN, but loveable.. We sure hate to see the day when we don't HAVE our little Pooper Dawg, b ut he is 14, so wew know he won't be around for ever. Joy loves him as much as I so. She combs him almost ever day while she is sitting out on the deck to read. Had collectd 3 brown Grocery bags of hair in the last several months, I guess he is geting rid of his winter hair.

Thank you for liking O.C.'s little friend.

That Funny and VERY Friendly Old Coot, named John, REALLY enjoying Spring with all of God's pretty Flowers........and TODAY glowing with pride at the new ones blooming in HIS yard.
Squash Blossom

Post by Squash Blossom »

Someone at PugVillage has a signature that says something about how wonderful it is to love and be loved by an old dog. It really is different and I think it's kinda' inspiring to see how they seem to grow closer to the ones they love and respect.

My Rosebud was 12 last January and I can see her aging - she's lost her hearing and some days she is noticeably stiff, and I can't even stand to think about the day when she's not here.

Pooper Dawg has the kindest facial expression.

Pugs shed yearround and I'm always grooming mine. If you throw that discarded dog fur out in clumps the birds will recycle it in their nests.

Ann
To plant a garden is to believe in tomorrow.
oldcoot

Pooper is a sweet. loving Friend.

Post by oldcoot »

He is really attached to both us. and he wants us both here togeher. If only one of us is here, he pouts and won't eat the whole time the other is not here. Joy went to WIlliamburg last week for tghree days. and I don't think he ate HALF the food I put out. And the thing I really found strange was that he drank very little water. and he's a water drinker, all over the kitchen floor, he drools. We have a stainless steel water bowl, used to be a salad bowl, holds aout a half a gallon. We change it every day and he usually will drink about a half a bowl a day. For a day and a half he only took several SMALL sips, even though if was alwsays fresh. The night Joy came home, he perked up, ate his supper and drank about a half a bowl of water. Been fine ever since. If she is gone durin g the day, I am not out of his sight. If I am in the yard he is right there to check on me. Lovemy Old Dawg.............

John
Old earth dog

Post by Old earth dog »

Very nice loking dog. My guess would be Chow and Rotty. :wink:
LucyGoose

Post by LucyGoose »

Hey Coot.....You never did tell us how long have you had him? Has it been since he was a baby pooper? :lol: Just had to say that! :lol:

I know what you all mean about having an old dog....It is special, isn't it!

Thanks Coot for your precious posts....But please don't forget to tell us how long you've had him....Just wondering, that's all...

Give the old dawg a pat for me! :D
Tundra_Queen

Post by Tundra_Queen »

:lol: @ Lucy

newtohosta-no more

Post by newtohosta-no more »

He's a handsome looking fella, OC. So kind of you and your family to give him a loving home and he has repayed you a thousand times over, I'm sure, with his devotion and companionship to you. :) And I know how you feel about his age. Our doggie is going to be 18 this summer and every winter I think it will be her last, but she's still hanging in there. Still loves her walks everyday, but has slowed down considerably. She's an outside dog for the most part, but we have a spot for her in the garage to sleep, especially on cold nights. She even has her own little heater to keep her old bones warm. It will be a very sad day indeed when she decides it's time to leave us. :(
~JOAN~
My Hosta List

Tomorrow is promised to no one, so love and laugh today.
oldcoot

O.C. is sorry

Post by oldcoot »

That he forgot to tell DAWG's age. He will be 14 this May. Can't be much older because he was so little when we found him. Yes, Lucy, he definite was a baby pooper dog. for a LONGtime. But finally learned. Really been good about that until lately.. His arthritis is really getting to him. The Vet put him on the same medicine for it, that O.C. takes Tramadol. The Remadyl did not work. My grandson Danny loves him to death, always has and it is mutual. When he is over Pooper is right there beside the two of us.

Thanks for loving my sweet little doggie....

That Funny and VERY Friendly Old Coot, named John, REALLY enjoying Spring
with all of God's pretty Flowers........and TODAY glowing with pride at the new ones blooming in HIS yard.
LucyGoose

Post by LucyGoose »

Thanks Coot!! :P :D
New Topic Post Reply