Lucy, I found something for Curtis *S*

Use this area to talk about your pets!

Moderator: Chris_W

Tundra_Queen

Lucy, I found something for Curtis *S*

Post by Tundra_Queen »

Hi Lucy and anyone else who might need this.

I saw a water fountain for cats and dogs in Walmart and thought of curtis. I remember u saying the vet told ya to get curtis to drink more water, well this might help. If he likes to put his paws in to play with it he would end up getting some water in his mouth.

I thought of getting one for Wilbur but he enjoys water a bit too much. :lol: I still might get him one when it warms up and put it in the porch.

Debbie

LucyGoose

Post by LucyGoose »

Hi Debbie!! Well nice idea, but I bought one and guess where it is now???? In the basement.....:lol: I bought one after the first time that he started having troubles.....but he never drank out of it......the dog did, but it's a pain to keep clean, and all......Thanks for thinking of me......you want mine? :lol:
Tundra_Queen

Post by Tundra_Queen »

ahhh Lucy, I'm sorry to hear Curtis didn't like it. Darn! I was hoping I had found something that would help the poor kitty out.
No thanks, u can keep it, wilbur is pretty good at drinking water, he likes tegan's water best, I guess it tastes better. :lol:

Debbie

Tundra_Queen

Post by Tundra_Queen »

Hi Lucy,
I have been thinking again. :lol:

How about if u made some diluted chicken broth from an oxo cube etc and then put it in ice cube trays and froze it?

Curtis might like batting the ice cube around and if he likes the taste of it he would eat it and get his water?

I thought about putting a kitty treat in a ice cube, but Curtis might just let the cube melt then eat the treat, so that wouldn't work, but a flavoried ice cube might get him to eat it.

Debbie

Old earth dog

Post by Old earth dog »

Debbie, that's a great idea about flavored ice cubes, but beware of using bulion(sp) cubes for broth. Most are loaded with salt.
jmboyer

Post by jmboyer »

Lucy, you could also try adding some of the water from water-packed tuna into Curtis' drinking bowl. The flavor just might get him to drink more. Also, if he is attracted to water, you might leave one spigot in the house dripping slightly. Cats, as a rule, are attracted to dripping water. I don't know it would work with Curtis, but you might give it a try.
Tundra_Queen

Post by Tundra_Queen »

Oh darn! OED I forgot about the darn salt! Good thing u mentioned that.

Hmmm Maybe the health food store might have something like oxo but without salt?

Debbie

LucyGoose

Post by LucyGoose »

Thanks, Debbie! I never thought about the water that's in the Tuna, Janet.....Good idea!!Leaving a fauct dripping would do nothing for this cat......He could car less.... :lol:

Thanks again!! :D
New Topic Post Reply