Braggin bout my dog........again

Use this area to talk about your pets!

Moderator: Chris_W

Old earth dog

Braggin bout my dog........again

Post by Old earth dog »

:oops: Can't help it. Thunder is amazing. We had a 4 day SAR seminar this wekend down in Osage Beach Missouri at the Lake of the Ozarks. We did both "live finds" and cadaver finds. At the beginning of the seminar we were told that one dog would be chosen for the final "big search" Saturday night. It would be based on how the dogs performed through the first two days. At 15 months old, Thunder smoked the other dogs. Some were 3,4, 5 yrs old and fully trained, but they couldn't hold a candle to my baby boy. :oops: :D :D The one dog that really gave him a challenge was an 8 month old female GSD from our team that I'm helping train. More braggin! :D :oops: :D
I must have walked forever in the heavily wooded, STEEP :o Ozark mountains. I wouldn't hazard a guess how many miles Thunder covered. He was working in high gear and never slowed down once. Course my boy found the "victim" with no trouble at all. A TV station from Springfield Mo was there to tape it all. Of course they didn't want to follow us through the woods half the night:roll: , so they filmed a setup "find" for the TV. People were blown over how young he is and still did so well. I think I got me a keeper. :wink:
Of course I forgot my own camera. :roll: :oops: :roll:
Attachments
This pic is from a couple of weeks ago
This pic is from a couple of weeks ago
patsue53

Post by patsue53 »

:beer: :beer: WAY TO GO!!! You and Thunder have earned braggin rights!! It's so amazing that such a young dog is beating out seasoned, trained ones. Says alot for his trainer as well as the dog's intelligence! :D

Congratulation!!! :D
impatience

Post by impatience »

And bragging you should do!! :D What a dog!!! And a beauty too. Wow to you both.
Gardening is the slowest of the performing arts.
Tundra_Queen

Post by Tundra_Queen »

OED, that is great news! :beer: I'm so glad that Thunder did such a great job and made his poppa proud. :-) And brag away you earned it!

Debbie

jay dee

brag

Post by jay dee »

Congrats OED - You obviously have a very intelligent dog but the secret to training a dog is - duh - a great handler/teacher. A dog is only as good as the teacher.

jay dee
Annie
USDA Zone: 5

Post by Annie »

Such a beautiful dog!!!
Congrats to you both. You sound like a very proud daddy LOL. And you should. I would brag too!!
If dandelions were hard to grow, they would be most welcome on any lawn. ~Andrew Mason

~~Annie~~
PeggyC

Post by PeggyC »

:beer: And you should brag! :wink: Congrats OED and Thunder! OED, you should be very, very proud! I, of course, agree with Jay-Dee that a dog is only as good as his handler. Way to go... we're SO proud of you! :P
"A friend is someone who knows the song of your soul and sings it back to you when you have forgotten the words."

PeggyC's Hosta List
LucyGoose

Post by LucyGoose »

:beer: Way to go, Bro! Brag all you want! He is just beautiful in that picture!! I'm proud of you!! Image
Patrushka
USDA Zone: 5a

Post by Patrushka »

Go ahead and exercise those bragging rights OED! :D Congrats to a special trainer and a special dog!!! :cool: Love the pic too. 8-)
Pat
My Hosta List

Keep your face always toward the sunshine and the shadows will fall behind you.
~ Walt Whitman
doublemom2
USDA Zone: 8

Post by doublemom2 »

Brag away... you and Thunder deserve it!!!

Now... if only some of my neighbors would train their children as well as you've trained Thunder, the world would be a better place LOL!

Andi
Andi
Discover Wildlife... Have Twins!!!
newtohosta-no more

Post by newtohosta-no more »

Wow! Very, very impressive, OED. You have every right to be proud of him and brag about his skills. Of course, we know you taught him everything he knows, but he obviously has a special talent that you have helped him develop. What a team the two of you make!! Congrats!! :D
~JOAN~
My Hosta List

Tomorrow is promised to no one, so love and laugh today.
caliloo
USDA Zone: SE PA z6

Post by caliloo »

That is awesome OED!

Just goes to show what happens when you start with a quality specimen (Thunder) and put him in the hands of a very talented teacher!

Congrats to you and the Super Dawg!

Alexa
Old earth dog

Post by Old earth dog »

Thanks everyone. I've never had less than 3-4 dogs at a time since I got my house in 1969. I've had CH show dogs, mutts, nationaly ranked obedience competition dogs, hunting dogs, etc but none have ever compaired to Thunder. Every day I look at him and ask myself how the he(( did I get this lucky.
Andi, dogs are one heck of a lot easier to train than kids. :D :wink:
wishiwere
USDA Zone: 5

Post by wishiwere »

{{pat......pat}} Kudos to you both! How excellent! Congrats proud papa and to the BIG Boy! :lol:
Jane (from the middle of the Mitten state)
My hosta list: viewtopic.php?t=39540
ladyblue
USDA Zone: 5B

Post by ladyblue »

Congradulations to you and Thunder!! That is one beautiful and smart dog, but is he potty trained??
My Shih tzu is 3-1/2 mths. old and she is almost!!! Brag, Brag!!
:lol: :lol:
Bonnie
Old earth dog

Post by Old earth dog »

:lol: @ Bonnie! Well, he is trained. He even goes on command, but I've discussed this receintly. Big, tough dogs don't go "potty" :evil: :D :D :D :wink:
janey

Post by janey »

That's ATTABOY times two!! :D :D

:beer: :beer:

Methinks you and Thunder deserve each other. :wink:
putnamgardens

Post by putnamgardens »

Way to go! What a handsome pooch!. Keep up the good work. Later, Love, Lisa
Have I mentioned lately that my drinking team has a hosta problem?
Lionitus

Post by Lionitus »

OED, I can understand why you are so very proud. Thunder is magnificent! I admire your great love and devotion to one another.

Lionitus
jmboyer

Post by jmboyer »

You can brag to us all you want. You and Thunder have both earned it. Congratulations to you both on your wonderful success. What a gorgeous boy he is.
New Topic Post Reply