Baby llama comes to visit

Use this area to talk about your pets!

Moderator: Chris_W

Garden_of_Mu
USDA Zone: 7

Baby llama comes to visit

Post by Garden_of_Mu »

So the neighbors behind us have a llama ranch outside town. Whenever they get a new baby they bring it in to 'get their city legs' - meaning to get them used to the noises in the city so they don't get skitish when they come in town for events and such. They use the pen that borders our shade garden to keep them in.

They told us Zebby would be coming soon and we've been waiting for weeks. Today we were moving out and she finally came to visit. She is 8 months old and could not be more adorable. She's quite a bit friendlier than the last one that was here too. I cannot wait until we have a pasture and a barn to keep some in so we can get a few. I just love them.
Attachments
All the cats came out for a close look.  they all thought she was great.  She checked them out up close as well.
All the cats came out for a close look. they all thought she was great. She checked them out up close as well.
Her lips are like three fingers.  The top one is split and she can manpulate them to get at food or pick up small things.
Her lips are like three fingers. The top one is split and she can manpulate them to get at food or pick up small things.
Her coat looks like chocolate chips ice cream.
Her coat looks like chocolate chips ice cream.
~ Mike

“Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don’t
matter and those who matter don’t mind.” - Theodore Geisel, aka Dr.
Seuss
jmboyer

Post by jmboyer »

What a sweet-looking girl she is, Mike. I love her face. Llama's really are adorable.
Snow

Post by Snow »

Oh my - I would LOVE to have that as a neighbor :D Is that Gracie I see taking a peek?
~*Snow*~
Tundra_Queen

Post by Tundra_Queen »

Mike, you have very :cool: neighbours.... *S* Is it normal for them to have their top lip split?

Debbie

patsue53

Post by patsue53 »

How Cute!! You can only imagine what the cat was thinking! :lol:

Hope your move went well. :D
Annie
USDA Zone: 5

Post by Annie »

Awww they are too cute!
Aren't they one of the critters that can spit? I always think of that when I see them LOL.
If dandelions were hard to grow, they would be most welcome on any lawn. ~Andrew Mason

~~Annie~~
PeggyC

Post by PeggyC »

Zebby is adorable! I love her coloring. Great picture of your kitty (Gracie?) with the llama! :lol:
"A friend is someone who knows the song of your soul and sings it back to you when you have forgotten the words."

PeggyC's Hosta List
Garden_of_Mu

Post by Garden_of_Mu »

Tuck is in that pic with Gracie too - he's the dark blob closer to the fence. :)

Yep, it is eprfectly normal for her lip to be split -That's how she manipulate things and get to food. I wouldn't have known it if she hadn't been picking dried vines off the fence and using those lips like fingers to wrap around the wire and get to the stems. It was too cool. Llamas do spit, but I've not seent hem do so myself. guess I have no managed to get one annoyed with me. ;)
~ Mike

Seuss
newtohosta-no more

Post by newtohosta-no more »

I think llamas are adorable , but I don't think they like me! I've been spit at before by one. I had an ostrich charge at me too. And I won't even tell you what the monkey's at the zoo did!! :lol:

Hope the move went well for you!! Thanks for the great pics of the llama. :)
~JOAN~
My Hosta List

Tomorrow is promised to no one, so love and laugh today.
Tundra_Queen

Post by Tundra_Queen »

:lol: @ Joan Poor you! I hope they didn't give u a complex.

Old earth dog

Post by Old earth dog »

Cute critters! Gracie is lucky she isn't a dog. Lamas have a natural dislike for dogs.
Garden_of_Mu

Post by Garden_of_Mu »

That's on eof the reasons llamas are often put out with sheep herds - they will stand up to predators like coyotes and dogs and chase them away. They are very smart.
~ Mike

Seuss
BillyB
USDA Zone: 6B

Post by BillyB »

A face only a mother could love!
BillyB
"When one tugs at a single thing in nature, he finds it attached to the rest of the world." - John Muir
My Hosta List
New Topic Post Reply