Poco

Use this area to talk about your pets!

Moderator: Chris_W

PeggyC

Poco

Post by PeggyC »

is what DH finally named our paint mare. I don't really like her name but we weren't going to agree. :???: She has this pretty good size belly that we can't seem to get rid of even though Dale is riding her and she's been on a diet. DH will be taking her to the vet this week to see if she's pregnant. :o :lol:

"A friend is someone who knows the song of your soul and sings it back to you when you have forgotten the words."

PeggyC's Hosta List
mamawsdaughter

Post by mamawsdaughter »

Poco????? Well it wouldn't have been the name I picked either...not that I think of a better name just yet...Tell your DH if she is pregnant, you get to name the baby....seems like a good trade to me...either way, she is fine looking horse...

mamawsdaughter
Annie
USDA Zone: 5

Post by Annie »

Oh she is pretty! I use to have a small horse almost the same color as her. But the white on his side looked like an outline of a pig :lol:
His name was Dutchboy.
I like the name Poco!
If dandelions were hard to grow, they would be most welcome on any lawn. ~Andrew Mason

~~Annie~~
janet

Post by janet »

I like it! In honor of Poco Bueno, by any chance? He and his sire (King P-234) are truly AQHA legends. Poco may translate as 'little', but I hope her accomplishments are great. :wink:
jd in nh
janet's list
It is well to remember that the entire universe, with one trifling exception, is composed of others. --John Andrew Holmes
newtohosta-no more

Post by newtohosta-no more »

Yep...the Spanish for little is poco. She sure is pretty. Wonder if there is a "poco" surprise in there? :lol:
~JOAN~
My Hosta List

Tomorrow is promised to no one, so love and laugh today.
PeggyC

Post by PeggyC »

:lol: Joan!

Janet, she is from the Poco line as well as Doc Bar. We have high hopes for her! :P
"A friend is someone who knows the song of your soul and sings it back to you when you have forgotten the words."

PeggyC's Hosta List
janet

Post by janet »

Great lines, Peg. Doc Bar is well known for passing on his talent to his get. She should go far!
jd in nh
janet's list
It is well to remember that the entire universe, with one trifling exception, is composed of others. --John Andrew Holmes
patsue53

Post by patsue53 »

She sure is pretty! :D I think her name is kind of cute.
Old earth dog

Post by Old earth dog »

I think you got a winner there Peg. In lines and looks! :wink:
jmboyer

Post by jmboyer »

Peg, she is an absolute beauty. I like the name, too. And maybe she's expecting? What a joy that would be. Let us know.
PeggyC

Post by PeggyC »

:beer: Our little Poco went to the vet yesterday and she's going to have a baby! In only 3 to 4 weeks! :o Our vet said she could feel the head and a leg so the baby is in the right position. :P We are SO excited!

PeggyC's Hosta List
LucyGoose

Post by LucyGoose »

:o

:beer: Oh boy baby pictures!! I hope your home for the birth.....Wow, what happens if she does this while your at work?

How cool!! :D
PeggyC

Post by PeggyC »

:lol: LG! The vet told us the signs to look for so we will know 24-48 hours in advance hopefully. Maybe one or both of us can take some vacation time. But then again she could have it at night while we are sleeping! Hopefully mom and baby will be just fine.

PeggyC's Hosta List
Pandora
USDA Zone: z5 OH

Post by Pandora »

Great pictures and sounds like you made a good choice in line.

But,,, poor girl is pregnant and you put her on a diet !!!! :eek: :eek: :lol:
janet

Post by janet »

Congratulations, Peg. And nice deal on the part of your DH...he got a twofer!! :lol: My daughter has delivered 19 foals in the last two months...trust me, Poco will drop it at night. :roll: :D Hope it goes well for all involved!
jd in nh
janet's list
Patrushka
USDA Zone: 5a

Post by Patrushka »

Oh Peg, how exciting! :cool: I hope all goes well and I can't wait to see baby pics. :D
Pat
My Hosta List

Keep your face always toward the sunshine and the shadows will fall behind you.
~ Walt Whitman
patsue53

Post by patsue53 »

:cool: That is so cool!!! What fun to have a horsie baby to take pictures of! :)
jmboyer

Post by jmboyer »

That's wonderful news, Peg. I can just see it now....a forum full of animal lovers, pacing the floor and waiting for this precious little one to be born. What fun this is going to be! I wish Mama and baby a healthy birth. Keep us posted.
Old earth dog

Post by Old earth dog »

If you don't know the sire, isn't there still a registration org that registers !/2 bred Quarter horses? Either way, congrats and keep the pics comming. Some years ago, a buddy of mine got a beautiful little buckskin filly outa his paint mare. Named her buttermilk. :roll:
PeggyC

Post by PeggyC »

Thanks everyone! Let the pacing begin! :lol: Seriously, we are thrilled! :P

PeggyC's Hosta List
New Topic Post Reply