Poco

Use this area to talk about your pets!

Moderator: Chris_W

doublemom2
USDA Zone: 8

Post by doublemom2 »

Well... The summer before we got married my dad's mare decided to pick a gorgeous, sunny Sunday afternoon in front of about a dozen people to have her foal, so you never know. We were really surprised that it wasn't in the night with nobody around, but she was just happy to put on a show for us :)

Andi
Andi
Discover Wildlife... Have Twins!!!
PeggyC

Post by PeggyC »

:o :lol: Andi! We can only hope that she has it, say on a Saturday afternoon! :wink: DH was worrying tonight and saying that in the last three days her milk bag (is that the right phrase?) has really dropped. :o He's wondering if the vet was wrong. :hmm:
"A friend is someone who knows the song of your soul and sings it back to you when you have forgotten the words."

PeggyC's Hosta List
Justaysam

Post by Justaysam »

How wonderful!!! Wait untill I tell Sami, my 10yr old. She wants a horse, and will NOT be getting one, and has been checking out the pics you have been posting. Right away she say's to me "Oh Mom, it's a paint!" I have no clue about these things, lol. She and her 2 best friends plan to all live together, in Montana somewhere, where they will raise, train and ride horses. They also plan to grow all their own food to survive on. Oh, to be young and dream! Best of luck to you and the pony, I hope she has an easy time of it, and its not in the middle of the night. Pics please, please, please.
janet

Post by janet »

:lol: Peg, it's an udder (just like a cow, but fewer faucets!) and a sure sign is if it's full and dripping. She'll change shape, too, as the foal drops into the birth canal. Without knowing the date she was bred, the vet can only give you an educated (and experienced) guess. There's lots to watch for, not all of which will happen with every mare or every pregnancy.
jd in nh
janet's list
It is well to remember that the entire universe, with one trifling exception, is composed of others. --John Andrew Holmes
PeggyC

Post by PeggyC »

:lol: Thanks Janet! We sure are excited about this but a little uneasy too. We were talking last night that we need to educate ourselves... fast! Thank goodness the vet just lives a few miles from us if we have any problems.
"A friend is someone who knows the song of your soul and sings it back to you when you have forgotten the words."

PeggyC's Hosta List
patsue53

Post by patsue53 »

:o This has to be almost as bad as waiting for a grandchild to arrive. At least with the grandchild you're not going to be helping with the delivery. (knock on wood!)
New Topic Post Reply