My Maverick....

Use this area to talk about your pets!

Moderator: Chris_W

mamawsdaughter

My Maverick....

Post by mamawsdaughter »

Everyone else is posting pictures of their animals, so I didn't want to leave out mine....this is my wonderful dog maverick dean....yes he has a middle name...go ahead and laugh, all of my family does...I adopted him about a yr ago...he is 2 1/2 yrs old now...he is husky/samoyan (I might have spelled that wrong)...I just think he is a handsome dog...can't saay pretty, might give him a complex....

mamawsdaughter
Attachments
maverick.jpg
maverick.jpg (6.93 KiB) Viewed 2264 times
Lionitus

Post by Lionitus »

Awwwww, he's magnificent! I think that fits a male dog. He's just so purty. Welcome Maverick Dean. And I like two names, it makes him distinctive and distinguished.

Thanks for sharing his photo.

Lionitus
newtohosta-no more

Post by newtohosta-no more »

A handsome fella ,indeed! Love the name too! I hope you'll post more pics of him in the future. :)
~JOAN~
My Hosta List

Tomorrow is promised to no one, so love and laugh today.
janey

Post by janey »

Maverick Dean! I like the two names....just never thought of doing it, but it is definitly distintive. And it fits your handsome pup.

Two names.....hmmmm.....I like it, I like it.
:D
Tundra_Queen

Post by Tundra_Queen »

What a cutie he is! :-)

Old earth dog

Post by Old earth dog »

:cool: looking dog!
mamawsdaughter

Post by mamawsdaughter »

I searched a long time for the perfect dog...I went to a couple local humane societies...then I called and sent up a time to go see maverick...he was in a shelter that was an hour and a half away...the first time I met him my mom went with me...and he was running around the pin, then stopped and just peed on my mom's shoe...I was a little shocked, well so was she...but I went back a few days later and he came home with me...I love him a lot...he is great with my daughters and really great with a kitten we have here...they play all the time...and he is never aggressive with her...he follows me whereever I go...he is funny when I put him in the car, if I put him in the backseat, he pouts...and if I put him in the front seat, he get excited and goes to the backseat...go figure...I will take more pics of him soon...I love showing him off...I am going to enter him into a local contest called the mutt strut...and specifically in the best in show catergory...I think he will win...but I am partially biased...
mamaw2

Post by mamaw2 »

The 2 name thing has been in the family for years. We have had several pets with 2 names. My beloved first Pom was named Chelseay Brianne. And she knew whenever I called her by both names she better straighten up in a hurry.

Maverick is a very good dog. He comes to visit with my 2 poms sometimes and they have a wonderful time romping in the back yard together. And I've even gotten to dog sit him a couple times. He really likes me-must be why he peed on my foot the first time we went to see him-marked his territory. He really is my daughters dog though and watches out for her and the girls. The 'mutt-strut' is really going to be family affair this year. My grand-daughters aren't big enough to really handle Mav so they are going to be in it with my 2 Poms. My oldest grandaughter with one of my dogs won in the 'Looks most alike' category last year.
Anita
newtohosta-no more

:lol: The "mutt strut"! What a fun name for that activity. And it sounds like lots of fun for families. Good luck to all your furkids. I'll bet there's a Best of Show in that group! :D
~JOAN~
My Hosta List

PeggyC

Post by PeggyC »

:cool: Maverick Dean is a very handsome guy! I hope he does well in the mutt strut as well as the poms! Be sure to take some pics and let us know! :P
"A friend is someone who knows the song of your soul and sings it back to you when you have forgotten the words."

PeggyC's Hosta List
mamaw2

Post by mamaw2 »

The 'mutt strut' is sponsored by our local animal shelter. 'Best of Show' can only be won by a rescued dog. It is a great family outing for us the last couple years. They have some great categories to compete in: Longest hair, shortest nose, best kisser, best trick, looks most alike, etc-you get the idea. Last year I made tutus and halter tops for my poms. Tasha's was pink checked and my granddaughter wore a similar pink checked outfit when they won the 'looks most alike. This year thinking of doing like a cheerleader thing with the 2 granddaughters and the poms. I hope to make little pom-poms with elastic and matching T-shirts and the girls would have pom-poms and t-shirts to match too. I think Maverick has an excellent shot at the'Best of Show'. He is such a pretty dog-the picture really doesn't do him justice.
Anita
mamawsdaughter

Post by mamawsdaughter »

mamaw2 (mom), you brought tears to my eyes when you said that the picture doesn't do him justice...I didn't know you felt that highly of him...(has stomped a couple of her hostas)lol...I am going to enter him in Best of Show...I have a good feeling about him...cause every time I take him in public, about 30 people tell me how beautiful he is...so wish us luck...and I will take lots of pictures...also mom, mikey won with zoey, not tasha...tasha wore red...zoey wore pink and mikey wore pink...just to let ya know...

mamawsdaughter
mamawsdaughter

Post by mamawsdaughter »

here is another picture of maverick...
Attachments
mave1.JPG
newtohosta-no more

He's so gorgeous!

And I love the description of the poms and grandkids outfits. :lol: The cheerleader idea will go over well, especially with pom poms! :)
~JOAN~
My Hosta List

Annie
USDA Zone: 5

Post by Annie »

OH my what a pretty dog!
If dandelions were hard to grow, they would be most welcome on any lawn. ~Andrew Mason

~~Annie~~
jmboyer

Post by jmboyer »

Oh, my word, he is a thoroughly beautiful canine. And what a precious face he has. Maverick Dean deserves such a stellar name. What a wonderful animal companion he must be.
New Topic Post Reply