Throwaway puppy

Use this area to talk about your pets!

Moderator: Chris_W

Linda P

Throwaway puppy

Post by Linda P »

Literally...
This happened here yesterday, and it made me so angry I wanted to go out and hurt someone.
My daughter got a call from her DH yesterday morning at work. He wanted to know if she could come to his workplace and take home a puppy that one of the employees there found on her way to work. She was driving down the country road, when she saw something come flying out the window of the car ahead of her. She thought it looked like an animal so she quickly pulled over and ran out to look. It was a little tiny puppy, probably less than 6 weeks old. She picked it up and took it in to work with her, after conducting a thorough search up and down the nearby roads to see if she could find any more. My daughter...who has resisted having a dog in the house for the entirety of their 17 year marriage, could not resist helping this poor little one out. My 3 grandkids are now firmly attached to it, and DD was cuddling it last night at the ballgame. The little tyke is so cute that she drew every child in the area. Fortunatly, she was not hurt. She doesn't really know how to eat solid food yet, so DD went off to the vet yesterday for milk replacement for her. I will try to get a picture of her (no name just yet...the names were flying by in and endless stream all evening as we sat and watched the little league game) as soon as I get a chance.
Unfortunately, the rescuer didn't get a chance to get the license number of the car from which the puppy was launched. She was so worried about the welfare of the poor little thing that she braked immediately and lost her chance to find the perpetrator. Can you imagine hurling a little puppy out the car window as you drive down the road? I'm sure the litter mates are out there somewhere as well, and it was really hard to go to sleep last night, thinking that there may be some more of them, either injured or hungry.
:evil: :evil: :evil:
Linda P
And time remembered is grief forgotten,
And frosts are slain and flowers begotten.....
Algernon Charles Swinburne

Latitude: 41° 51' 12.1572"

My Hosta List
newtohosta-no more

Post by newtohosta-no more »

That makes me spitting mad and sick to my stomach at the same time!! What the H**L is wrong with people??????
And bless all of them who helped rescue that puppy and give it a loving home. I'm sure they'll find a fitting name an that little one will bring so much joy, laughter and love to the family.
Thanks for sharing the story. One day that person will get their just rewards. :evil:
~JOAN~
My Hosta List

Tomorrow is promised to no one, so love and laugh today.
Annie
USDA Zone: 5

Post by Annie »

Whats wrong with people!!!
And ya know it had to be some what of an adult ( if ya can call them that) if they were in a car. What, does it make them feel tough to kill an animal, a baby one at that :evil:
Makes me wonder what they would do with a human baby if they didn't want that!!!

Too bad she didn't get the plate number. But I could see the concern for the pup first.

Ya know if you don't want the animal or for some reason ya can't keep it, find it a good home, don't just throw them away :(
If dandelions were hard to grow, they would be most welcome on any lawn. ~Andrew Mason

~~Annie~~
PeggyC

Post by PeggyC »

:evil: It saddens my heart someone would throw a puppy out the window of a car. :bawl: Itt hard to imagine someone that cruel. But I'm so glad Linda that this story had a happy ending and this pup found a loving home. Please post pictures when you get a minute and let us know his new name!
"A friend is someone who knows the song of your soul and sings it back to you when you have forgotten the words."

PeggyC's Hosta List
goldenmom

Re: Throwaway puppy

Post by goldenmom »

Linda P wrote:Literally...
This happened here yesterday, and it made me so angry I wanted to go out and hurt someone.
Oh man, I understand your feelings! How terribly awful. I'm glad to hear, though, that the pup has found a good, loving home and will be well loved.

Honestly, some people ought to be strung up by the short hairs :evil:
Snow

Post by Snow »

This sort of thing literally makes me ill. I believe that is what could make me hurt someone, if nothing else did.
~*Snow*~
wishiwere

Post by wishiwere »

:evil: My thoughts exactly. If they would do this to a tiny animal, what are they doing, or what would they do to a child that made them upset? Man, some people make me wonder why God gave them breath? So sad............ too many options available to them to help anyone understand a cold hearted scum of the earth slug like that! :cry:
Jane (from the middle of the Mitten state)
My hosta list: viewtopic.php?t=39540
ladyblue
USDA Zone: 5B

Post by ladyblue »

Thank God you were the one who found her!!I bet she will be an awsome pal!!Good luck!!
Bonnie
patsue53

Post by patsue53 »

It's beyond comprehension that someone could be that cruel. I can understand you losing sleep over the rest of the litter Linda. You just know they were tossed out too. :(
Thank goodness for the kind people who rescued this puppy and your daughter and son-in-law for taking her in.

What a sick feeling this kind of stories generate.
jmboyer

Post by jmboyer »

For this sicko to have tossed a living creature out of a speeding car, it had to be something he or she got a "kick" out of, because that pup could have been left at a shelter. Such a person is subhuman, not worthy of sharing the planet with other sentient beings.

The fact that you are worrying about the rest of the litter, Linda, is a true indication of your kind and gentle heart. Although I am certain that everyone here is shaking with outrage over this incident, myself included, we can be comforted to know that the brave woman who rescued the pup is among a growing majority of people who are determined to conquer animal cruelty. So, too, is the generosity of your DD and DSIL for providing a loving home for this little girl. I'm grateful that she was not hurt and that she will have an opportunity to live a happy life with your family. Thank you for bringing this story to our attention.
Soummer
USDA Zone: 4-5

Post by Soummer »

My kitty Rascal was tossed out of her house (not a car thank goodness!) when she was just a couple months old, because she wouldn't always use the litterbox. I happened to move into the neighborhood late December and she found us and moved in with us. It was cold and snowy and wet and I just couldn't understand why anyone would toss out such a young loving kitty. When I found out it was one of my new neighbors, I was stunned in disbelief! Then I found out it was because of the litterbox, and I just had to shake my head... I don't think I could use a litterbox in a house full of 5 rowdy boys, 3 other cats, and fours dogs either! All we did was give the poor girl some peace and privacy, and we haven't had any real problems.

Her main problem now is our other cat, Honey. He is also an outdoors rescue... we found him trying to jump in peoples cars in the drive thru at McDonalds! Don't know if he was dumped there or just wandered in. Poor guy just wanted a home! We gave him one :D Gave Rascal fits for a while, and I thought she'd hate me forever, but here a couple years later, they get along pretty good, like a pair of fighting siblings. I think he's wrestled a couple of pounds off the old girl!
Soummer, formerly Janet D.
My Page

Tundra_Queen

Post by Tundra_Queen »

Oh my Lord, that makes me feel sick. How can people be so cruel and hateful!

Linda I'm so glad the puppy has a loving family and I hope the person that did that crime gets what is coming to them!

Debbie

Old earth dog

Post by Old earth dog »

:evil: :evil: :evil: The past week and cruelty to dogs keeps me from giving my true feelings about someone that would do that. Not only would I be tossed off the forum, but I would probably be arrested for premeditating something for that........................person. :evil: :evil: :evil:
Linda P

Post by Linda P »

I have some more info about the puppy. The woman who found him just happened to visit someone who had a new puppy, and she was amazed to see that it looked just like the one she rescued. She found out where they got the puppy, and went to have a look for herslef. He had given several of them away and didn't know who all had gotten them. This kind lady found one puppy from that litter laying there looking very listless, and she said...These are free, right??? and I'm taking this one. She discovered that there have been complaints against this man, but he doesn't seem to be breaking any laws. He doesn't have more dogs than he's allowed, and he feeds and waters them. However, the one little puppy that she took was suffering from dehydration. Apparantly they were taken away from the mother at 6 weeks. He said they were 'weaned', but the one that my kids have didn't know how to drink. So, she took the little one and brought it home and fed it, and found a home for it too. She found out that the mother was a terrier, probably a wire-haired from her descripton. That was the first thing I guessed about the puppy too.
Now, why would someone go to get a puppy, and then toss it out the window? The only thing I can come up with is that there was a disagreement over the puppy and someone went off in a fit of rage and tossed it out. I guess we'll never know, but I am sure impressed with the dedication of the rescuer, to go and try to track down the source of the animal and see if she could find someone to be held accountable.
I have a pic of the little cutie, and I'll post it here if I can remember how to resize! She is a great little dog..she woke my DD up several times her first night to go outside. She hasn't made a mess in the house yet, and she's only about 6 weeks old. She already has one unique trait..she likes to roll down hills! DD lives on the side of a hill, and she was up visiting a neighbor with the puppy yesterday. The little baby commenced rolling down the hill, and DD went running after her. She brought her back up, and the little rascal did it again! She did it several times last night. It seems to amuse her!
Well, at least I don't have to worry anymore that there were more of them tossed out of car windows. The one that my SIL's co-worker took home was the last of the litter. Hopefully, the others found better homes the first time! Darn..they have to find a name soon for the puppy. It's narrowed down to about 200 choices now.
Thanks everyone for caring about this little pup.
Linda P

My Hosta List
Linda P

Post by Linda P »

Okay, I think I finally got this figured out!!! Here's a rather fuzzy picture of the little sweetheart. She doesn't hold still for long.
Linda P
Attachments
New puppy.JPG

My Hosta List
Annie

Post by Annie »

OH MY that has got to be one of the CUTEST puppies I have ever seen!!!!
Look at that tiny fuzzy face!!
How in the world could anyone want to hurt something so small and defenseless????

Oh I'm so happy at least one has a good loving home. Your such a good and kind person for saving this pup!!!!
If dandelions were hard to grow, they would be most welcome on any lawn. ~Andrew Mason

~~Annie~~
Linda P

Post by Linda P »

Thanks, Annie..but it is my daughter who is keeping it. Of course, if she decides she can't handle having a dog in the house (it's too late now...she's totally bonded with it!) it will have a home here. I've rescued a lot of dogs over the years, and hope to be able to give a home to another someday when my dear old Dolly is gone.
Linda P

My Hosta List
Tundra_Queen

Post by Tundra_Queen »

Ooooooo I want one too! Waaaaaa..... what a sweetie she is! Oh my how precious! And she rolls down hills? :lol: that is cute!

Debbie

LucyGoose

Post by LucyGoose »

OMG, I can not believe what I have read! :evil: I ditto everything everyone else said! :evil:

What a precious baby.....God Bless you Linda!! :D
jmboyer

Post by jmboyer »

Omigosh....what a precious little pup. How good to know that the other pups are okay. This woman rescuer is a remarkable human being. What an amazing story this all is. Please, when you see that little pup, give him a gentle hug from all of us.
New Topic Post Reply