Embarrassing pet experiences.

Use this area to talk about your pets!

Moderator: Chris_W

Squash Blossom

Embarrassing pet experiences.

Post by Squash Blossom »

What embarrassing pet moments can everyone share?

One of mine miraculously did not involve one of my pugs but instead a neighbor's Bishon Frise puppy named Maxie.

My husband, 35-year old daughter and I were invited to the neighbor's house last summer for a piano recital. Instead of one huge recital the teacher would have small, intimate gatherings of friends and family in the child's home to hear them perform and then have light refreshments.

It was fairly dressy, we all wore Sunday clothes and my daughter had a cute pair of new shoes.

Somewhere between tune #1 and tune #1, Maxie ever so unexpectedly stood up and peed on the leg of my daughter's slacks and her beautiful new shoes! :eek: Somehow the rest of the recital is a blur in my mind!!

The host, the child's father, tried his best to help Denise (who handled everything the best she could under the circumstances) saying the only good thing was that Maxie only peed on things he liked.

Ann
To plant a garden is to believe in tomorrow.
PeggyC

Post by PeggyC »

:lol: :lol: :lol: Ann! Thanks for the laugh this morning!
"A friend is someone who knows the song of your soul and sings it back to you when you have forgotten the words."

PeggyC's Hosta List
jmboyer

Post by jmboyer »

Omigosh, Ann, that's hysterical! I can just picture it. Thanks for brightening my morning.
Old earth dog

Post by Old earth dog »

Amazing how some dogs try to claim everything for themselves. 25+ yrs ago I had the ugliest, nastiest little 9 1/2 lb leg hound you will ever see. If it move, he humped it. If nothing else was around he would hump the leg on my 130 lb GSD/Dane. That rarely went over well.
Attachments
Murphy.jpg
Murphy.jpg (25.95 KiB) Viewed 2588 times
jay dee

embarassing

Post by jay dee »

OED - You truly are the resident dog expert - you know ugly!

jay dee
Squash Blossom

Post by Squash Blossom »

For over 20 years we owned the most beautiful white Persian, an injured stray who showed up on our doorstep the day Prince Charles and Lady Diana were married...and promptly was named Charles Phillip Arthur George, aka Charlie.

Charlie was the sweetest cat that ever lived but he had a knack for getting into trouble, and it always involved something that belonged to my husband.

One night we went out with another couple to the fanciest restaurant in town at the time, Chianti's, for an intimate candlelit supper. The entire time we were in the restaurant Paul acted so peculiar I was embarrassed, he kept cutting his eyes around, making faces and squirming in his chair.

When we got home Paul remarked that it was absolutely ridiculous that the most expensive restaurant in town would reek of cat urine. I told him I hadn't noticed it and nothing more was said. Paul undressed, hung his clothes up, and shut his closet door.

The next morning when one of us opened the closet door, the odor just about knocked us down...it turned out Charlie had peed in Paul's new leather loafers, the ones he'd worn to the restaurant!!

Another time Paul had an old Corvette he was restoring parked in our carport perhaps 6-8 ft. from the open door to a little workshop. Paul mixed up a batch of epoxy as Charlie sat on the workbench watching then somehow managed to step in it.

When Paul scolded Charlie, Charlie politely jumped from the workshop onto the Corvette (which Paul had just spent 2-3 weeks painting), ran across the convertible top, and down the back of the car!!

I could write a book about Charlie's social faux pas and without exception they all involved Paul's belongings.

Ann
Old earth dog

Post by Old earth dog »

:lol: @ jay dee! I always suspected a rat or possum somewhere CLOSE in his background. :lol: :wink:
Ann, :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:
Did Paul really love Charlie, or did he fear your wrath more? I built and painted custom cars in the 60s, 70s. I'm afraid Charlie's nine lives would have been gone through fast. :o :wink:
Ginger
USDA Zone: Zone 7

Post by Ginger »

That is what I was thinking OED! I could just see my huby if Lucifer even walked on top of his corvette! Bye Bye kitty! :lol: :lol:

Ginger
Squash Blossom

Post by Squash Blossom »

Ginger wrote:That is what I was thinking OED! I could just see my huby if Lucifer even walked on top of his corvette! Bye Bye kitty! :lol: :lol:

Ginger
You have Lucifer??? :P The first cat I ever attempted to rescue and welcome into my home was a solid black stray we named Lucifer. The biggest problem with our Lucifer was that he did not want to be rescued!! :lol: Not by a long shot!

He'd run off - I'd go find him. He'd run off - I'd go find him. That was the drill for 2-3 months, then he ran off and I never could not find him...even though I walked the sidewalks of my subdivision clapping my hands and calling, "Lucifer" until my neighbors probably thought I'd lost my feeble mind.

I've always wondered what happened to Lucifer...now I know!!

My husband's hobby is (or more accurately used to be) old car and motorcycle restoration. He has a couple of motorcycles in a auto museum here and several cars garaged that he bought for next to nothing and restored. He used to do just enough restoration work for others to finance his own pursuits! Now his interest is waning and we're faced with the need to dispose of so much stuff it is overwhelming...so we pretend it doesn't exist! :lol:

We have a red '74 big block Corvette convertible, entirely original, that probably hasn't been driven in 5-6 years

Ann
outtahand

Post by outtahand »

When I was 17, I worked at the local pet store. A guy came
in one day and asked me if I wanted a wolf. Well, I checked
it out,sure enough,there was a guy here breeding tundra
wolves for sale to the public. This wolf, a 1 yr old male,
was so skinny from worms,and from living in a dirt pen with a
dominant dog that ate everything, I brought him home.
His ribs stood out, and you could hang a coat hanger on
his hip bones. After a year of TLC, he looked fantastic.
And such a sweetheart! When my moms dachsund walked
up to him, he flopped over and submitted to her.
Anyhow, one day I took him to work at the pet store,
which was located in the local mall, to give him a bath.
A girl I worked with asked me if she could walk him down
the mall. Lucifer loved people,and kissed everyone that went by.
When they got to center court, Lucifer humped up, and let
loose a huge puddleof diarrhea!!! :lol:
I heard people screaming all the way down the mall!
My friend walking him,ran away nearly in tears. So,there I was,
on my hands and knees in the busiest part of the mall,
wiping it up.The smell was god awful!! :lol:
Poor Lucifer had got into a bucket of fish food in the
back room that morning....
Needless to say I was quite embarrased....
~*jim*~

You CAN change fate.
Destiny doesnt care about the pattern,
as long as the result is the same.
Jim's Hosta List
Ginger
USDA Zone: Zone 7

Post by Ginger »

Oh my gosh! Seems Lucifer is a popular name! Jim I am glad my Lucifer is not a wolf! I thought you were going to say he let loose a blood curdling howl! But that is even worse, pee yew!

Squash Blossum, I do have Lucifer! He is not black anymore so that is why you could not find him! He is much nicer now than he was when he earned his name thank goodness!

Ginger
Squash Blossom

Post by Squash Blossom »

Oh my gosh! Jim's experience may be the worst embarrassing pet moment I've ever heard!

My nephew has two little Rat Terriers and a couple of years ago he took them for an outing to a local lake in his brand spankin' new pickup truck. Alan let them run off leash but before long he realized they were into something no good and it turned out they were both rolling in a pile of fresh horse poop they'd found.

Alan had nothing whatsoever to even attempt to clean the dogs up with except his T-shirt, which didn't go far!!

He finally had no choice other than to put them inside the truck and take them to my sister's house which was closer to the lake than Alan's house. When Lynn opened her back door both dogs took off running through her house and hid under a kingsize bed, and Alan had to literally crawl under the bed to get them out and into a warm bath.

Ann
Annie
USDA Zone: 5

Post by Annie »

Love you guy's stories!

OED,
Now ya know I love all critters.
But that dog............!
I mean I wouldn't call him ugly :lol:
He is just different :o
I can't stop looking at that pic LOLOL! He looks like one of the critters off of that move. Can't remember the name, but one of the critters name was Gizmo :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
I'm laughing so hard I have tears in my eyes :lol:
If dandelions were hard to grow, they would be most welcome on any lawn. ~Andrew Mason

~~Annie~~
newtohosta-no more

Post by newtohosta-no more »

OED...Murphy was kinda cute....in a way. :lol: Just look at that innocent face. :???:

And my DD and I had a good laugh over your story ,Jim, about the trip to the mall. :lol: :lol:
~JOAN~
My Hosta List

Tomorrow is promised to no one, so love and laugh today.
Old earth dog

Post by Old earth dog »

"Just different", "kinda cute". Are those politically correct was of saying he's butt ugly? That silver tuft of hair on his head went all the way down the middle of his back. I even had one old lady at the vets office ask me why I wanted a pet skunk. That in itself was terribly embarrassing :oops: . You shudda seen the looks my, then young, two DD's got when the walked down the street with 9 1/2 lb Murphy dressed in doll clothes, IN their doll strollers. :eek: :eek: :eek: :lol:
~dirtbug~

Post by ~dirtbug~ »

loved the stories!
the critter ya talking about Annie is called stripe and he is a gremlin from the show gremlins and he mutated from poor old gizmo (always wanted a gizmo hahahahaha)
dirtbug :D
~feral flowers family~
cheyenne 14yrs
indianna 10 yrs
chance 9 yrs
kelsey 6 yrs
LucyGoose

Post by LucyGoose »

:lol: :lol: :lol: Funny thread!! :lol: :lol:
FreakyCola

Post by FreakyCola »

These stories are great!

When we first got married we had several cats, and one named Baby. One day Baby got up on the table, put her paws on one end of DH's TBone steak and leaned over the whole thing and started eating the other end when we had our backs turned for one second. DH freaked, grabbed her & tossed her. Unfortunately there was a fan in the way which she crashed into & broke her leg. He really loves the kitties & felt awful, so don't think he's an monster.

Anyway, whenever he came home Baby would flee and hide. But as soon as he went to sleep, or leave for work, she'd be out in an instant. She'd run around and be normal, but zoom! Back to the hiding place as soon as DH came back.

He felt bad so he tried to make it up to her and would go look for her, or in the few instances when she came out when he was there he'd pick her up. She would pee all over him! Not just a little, but she'd let loose something like two gallons of pee before he could drop her! This went on for years & years! I couldn't believe 1. He didn't insist we get rid of her & 2. He kept picking her up! and 3. She could hold a grudge for so long.

Eventually she forgave him & would sit on his lap & love him. But from that experience I can say a cat definitly has a memory and can sure hold a grudge!
Chris_W
Administrator
USDA Zone: 9

Post by Chris_W »

These are so funny :lol:

This isn't really embarassing, but two nights ago I woke up to the smell of skunk coming through the sliding door. I got up and noticed Teddy at the door, so let him in, closed the door, and went to bed. Teddy came and curled up next to me. That damn skunk smell was still there after a couple hours, even with the door closed... So I got wondering, and went out on the deck - no smell :roll: It was Teddy, sprayed by a skunk, and there he was laying in the bed with me for hours while I was waiting for that smell to go away :lol:

Now how the heck do you get skunk stink off a cat? :hmm:
wishiwere

Post by wishiwere »

:eek: :eek: :eek: Where's that 'how to survive bathing a cat' instructions when you need it! :lol: Sorry Chris, oh my, can't imagine the stench! UGH!

So what did you do? Tomatoe would be best, but ah..........are your tetenus shots up to date, do you a 10 supply of antibiotics and a suit of armor?

A roll of duck tape to tape him in the toilet filled with tomato juice? Ready to paint your room orange after you release him finally? Oh my! Can not imagine!
Jane (from the middle of the Mitten state)
My hosta list: viewtopic.php?t=39540
New Topic Post Reply