Foal Watch

Use this area to talk about your pets!

Moderator: Chris_W

wishiwere
USDA Zone: 5

Post by wishiwere »

:???: What type of calendar you got there? IT's TUESDAY here! :lol:
Jane (from the middle of the Mitten state)
My hosta list: viewtopic.php?t=39540
newtohosta-no more

Post by newtohosta-no more »

I was thinking the same thing , Jane!! :lol: But at that time of night I can never think what day it really is either, so I'll cut OED some slack. :lol:
~JOAN~
My Hosta List

Tomorrow is promised to no one, so love and laugh today.
wishiwere

Post by wishiwere »

Might be the only time you get to rib 'em, when he's half awake, better take the opportunity when it offers itself up! :lol:

BTW..........~Good Morning~
newtohosta-no more

And good morning to you too! Now it's off to work I go...Hi Ho, Hi Ho. :)
~JOAN~
My Hosta List

PeggyC

Post by PeggyC »

:( No baby yet. I think we are going to come off foal watch until we see some other signs from the mare. :oops: Truthfully I think we are too anxious and too excited. :oops: :???: :roll: We saw such dramatic changes in her last Thursday and Friday we thought for sure she was getting ready to have the foal. But now I'm thinking maybe she could go like this for a week and ten days. :hmm: Since this is "our" first foal, we just don't have enough experience and since this is her first baby, we don't have any idea how she will progress. :oops: :(
"A friend is someone who knows the song of your soul and sings it back to you when you have forgotten the words."

PeggyC's Hosta List
mamawsdaughter

Post by mamawsdaughter »

I understand the waiting and hoping...the excitement is just so much...she will definately let you know when it is the "right" time...I hope everything goes okay...I will keep hoping for a speedy delivery...or faster labor one of the two...lol..good luck peg...

mamawsdaughter
wishiwere

Post by wishiwere »

Well then! I guess all we can do it wait, if your dh won't get in and bring out! :lol: :lol: :lol:
jmboyer

Post by jmboyer »

My goodness, Peg, don't be so hard on yourself. If I had to go through what you and DH have been going through awaiting the birth of this foal, I would have gone to pieces and somebody would have had to scrape me up with a spatula. You and DH are doing a magnificent job of tending lovingly to Miss Poco until she gives birth. And whatever day that is--whether it is tomorrow or a week from tomorrow--it is going to be the perfect day....the right day. And on that day you are going to hear joyful cheers from this forum because we all know that you and DH are making an exceptional and a gallant effort to give all the love and nurture to Miss Poco that you have the power to bestow. You've got our support and love. So hold fast. That baby will come eventually.
Old earth dog

Post by Old earth dog »

Dern! This is like waiting for gkids. Kin ya take her for a ride in a fast pickup over lots of RR tracks?
I knew what day it was.......... :D :oops:...........honest....... :oops: :D ........really :D :oops: :D . Think I'll go to bed early tonight. I've got a nice Labor Day weekend planned for tomorrow........I think. :D :D :D :oops: :wink:
wishiwere

Post by wishiwere »

you sound like my plants look! Heat stressed :(

Get some fluids OED! :D
~dirtbug~

Post by ~dirtbug~ »

wow i havnt been on the forum in months and here i am back and theres a new "baby" coming hahahahaha. if shes anything like my mums old brood mare (standardbred) she will have the foal when everyone is sound asleep. :D
shes a lovely looking mare there. i absolutely love paints (is what we call the piebald/skewbalds in general not sure if you guys do)
hope all goes well and im gonna be awaiting for pics of the new little one!!!!
dirtbug :D
~feral flowers family~
cheyenne 14yrs
indianna 10 yrs
chance 9 yrs
kelsey 6 yrs
newtohosta-no more

Hey!! Welcome back to the forum , dirtbug!! What have you been up to all this time? :)
Yep....we're all excited about the upcoming birth and can't wait to see pics of the little one.
And as to your remark about calling them "paints" , I have heard that term often. As a matter of fact, I think I remember hearing it on the tv show "Bonanza" when someone was describing Little Joe's horse. :lol: Seems to me that it was a bad guy who mentioned Joe riding a paint pony ....followed by a grunt of disgust and and the spitting of a huge stream of tobacco. :lol: Funny what things make an impression on a child. :wink:
~JOAN~
My Hosta List

~dirtbug~

Post by ~dirtbug~ »

bonanza loved that show!!!
i spent the end of our summer trying to keep all my garden alive from the massive heat we had. and now with all the early autumn rains we got, im back out there weeding and planting new plants.
just got a new large pen made for me chooks, sad thing is only got one hen and one rooster now but we will be getting some more girls soon! lost our rotty to cancer (miss ya heaps bronson) that was hard he was fine one day and seriously sick the next. our poor old jeddas (staffy) heart broke when he passed.
eventually we got a new pup german shepherd boy named him sabbeth (frm me fav music band black sabbeth) and he is just georgeous. hahahahaha

will have to get sum piccies of him up.
dirtbug :D
~feral flowers family~
cheyenne 14yrs
indianna 10 yrs
chance 9 yrs
kelsey 6 yrs
newtohosta-no more

You've been very busy then.! Sorry to hear about the loss of your furkid. :( Always so hard to lose a beloved pet. We'll look forward to seeing pics of your new pup.
~JOAN~
My Hosta List

patsue53

Post by patsue53 »

Poor Peg. The wait must be nerve-wracking! Poor POCO! :lol:
LucyGoose

Post by LucyGoose »

Durn......I have to go to work AGAIN with no baby.... :evil:

Ya know Peg.....this is getting old......:lol: I know you can't help it!..... :wink:

Come on Poco!!!!! I want a baby when I get home tonight!! :D
garden_lover

Post by garden_lover »

Maybe you should get Poco walking up hill or maybe pushing/pulling something! :wink: I know that's what we "suggest" to our friends when they're ready to get labor moving. :lol:
<font><i>Carol</i></font>
LucyGoose

Post by LucyGoose »

:evil: Man oh man.......

Peg.......DH just now says.....What are you going to do with Pegs hosta's?......:lol: He says they are going to get to big to ship.....I said, they already are...:lol: I told hime I was coming here to see if the cold was born yet.....:lol:
wishiwere

Post by wishiwere »

Well, did you tell him, you two will just have to go on a road trip after the foal is born to hand deliver to the Peg with a 'new baby gift' in hand! :lol: :lol:
PeggyC

Post by PeggyC »

:lol: LG! We're still waiting for that baby... :oops:

Severe weather right now... high winds with possible hail. I'm still at work but I guess we don't have any electric at home. Its hotter than h_ll and that means the fans are not running in the barn to keep our Poco cool. :evil:
"A friend is someone who knows the song of your soul and sings it back to you when you have forgotten the words."

PeggyC's Hosta List
New Topic Post Reply