Foal Watch

Use this area to talk about your pets!

Moderator: Chris_W

patsue53

Post by patsue53 »

:oops: :oops: Boy, some people are all about DETAILS!! :lol: :lol: Make that Monday June 6 and a girl! :lol:
Tundra_Queen

Post by Tundra_Queen »

Janet,,,why not twins? Peg's got 2 arms don't she? :lol:

And Peg where are u? I'm here,,,,and it's after 3:30....where are u??? And do we have babies yet? :lol:

Pump that momma's tail and get those babies,(I'm still hoping for twins.*G*) outta there! *ROTFLMBO*

Debbie

PeggyC

Post by PeggyC »

:lol: Deb! No baby(ies) this morning!
"A friend is someone who knows the song of your soul and sings it back to you when you have forgotten the words."

PeggyC's Hosta List
patsue53

Post by patsue53 »

Of course no baby! She's waiting for Monday! (that would be Monday the 6th! :lol:
janet

Post by janet »

:lol: Pat, us accountant-types do get a wee bit wrapped up in the details at times, I'll admit to that. Comes with the territory I guess...like keeping track of all those little bitty decimal points. :wink:

Peg, how's she doing? And how's DH doing??! Still on schedule? Nine hours is too long between updates!! :lol:
jd in nh
janet's list
It is well to remember that the entire universe, with one trifling exception, is composed of others. --John Andrew Holmes
PeggyC

Post by PeggyC »

OK, here's the update. :P She has milk, she has all the right muscles relaxed, she's been pawing in her stall this evening which she never does and its supposed to storm here tonight (tornardo warning out for us till 4:00 a.m.). :o DH decided he should sleep in the barn tonight. :lol:

I'm sorry to do this to you, Pat, but I want her to have it tonight... we talked to our vet this morning and she's going in for major surgery on Monday. :eek: I sure would like to have her available if we are going to have problems otherwise we'll have to call a vet that lives an hour away instead of 10 minutes. :roll:
"A friend is someone who knows the song of your soul and sings it back to you when you have forgotten the words."

PeggyC's Hosta List
Old earth dog

Post by Old earth dog »

Does the old Disney movie "Stormy" ring a bell here?! :wink:
wishiwere
USDA Zone: 5

Post by wishiwere »

No, I've don't recall it. Could you maybe tell it to us, reaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaalllllllllllllllllly slowly to make the night go by better? Looks like we might be in for the long haul tonight! :)

So after the milk comes in, how long till labor starts? Geepers, this is a nail biting situation! Are you staying in the barn too? Oh wait! You have kids! ACckkkkkkk! Hmmmmmm..so its no fun in the barn tonight........... hmmmmm..well..........keep us posted! Does dh have a walkie or phone to keep in contact so you can update us at least? :lol:
Jane (from the middle of the Mitten state)
My hosta list: viewtopic.php?t=39540
PeggyC

Post by PeggyC »

Jane, her milk came in a couple of days ago and over the last couple of days all of her "right" muscles have relaxed. The storm and the pawing in the stall made DH decide he should sleep in the barn tonight. :lol: I'm sleeping in the house as both dogs get nervous when it storms. We both have cell phones so that works out well. And thank goodness, my child is grown! :P

PeggyC's Hosta List
wishiwere

Post by wishiwere »

Oh okay! Well..........good luck to you all! I hate tornado watches at night! I'd much rather be awake for them! Geepers! Be safe!
Tundra_Queen

Post by Tundra_Queen »

Peg.... Peg..... WAKE UP PEG..... I have a question for ya! ARE THEY HERE YET? :lol:

Is this her first baby? It's 2:30 here Peg and still no baby yet? Tell hubs to pump her tail faster,,,,it helps the baby to come..really it does.... trust me..... :lol:

Debbie

wishiwere

Post by wishiwere »

:lol: :lol: :lol: Debbie~
janet

Post by janet »

A most excellent idea for hubs to spend the night in the barn!! Especially since the mare is restless. Is she getting up and down or looking at her belly? Backing up to the stall wall? Is her milk translucent or opaque? Man, I hope you get in here and tell us it's all over and everyone is just fine! :o
jd in nh
janet's list
It is well to remember that the entire universe, with one trifling exception, is composed of others. --John Andrew Holmes
PeggyC

Post by PeggyC »

No storm... no baby! :roll: I'm really starting to hate this waiting! :lol:

PeggyC's Hosta List
wishiwere

Post by wishiwere »

No storms here yet either! How did dh sleep last night? little hay wired is he? :)
janet

Post by janet »

Dagnabbit!! :roll: Well, 40% of 'em are born during the day...I'll keep my fingers crossed (though it will be hard to plant hosta that way :D ).
jd in nh
janet's list
LucyGoose

Post by LucyGoose »

Man, Peg......I was hoping we had the baby when I came here.....Only 40% during the day? :hmm: hope she is in the 40%.
:D
mamawsdaughter

Post by mamawsdaughter »

I saw this post last night but didn't have time to post...I have been on foul watch before, so I know what you are going through....it is so exciting and at the same time very frustrating....I was hoping the storm would scare the baby out of her....lol...but since no storm not a chance of that happening....oh I can't wait much longer....it is so exciting....good luck....

mamawsdaughter
Annie

Post by Annie »

Can't wait to see pictures of the lil critter when he, she makes up its mind to be born! They are so cute :D

We had a mini horse we watched and waited for her to have her baby.
We watched and watched and watched!!!
Course we were all worried about the birth. Heard so many bad stories :o Like what could go wrong.

Well we missed the whole dang thing :lol:
That lil sapsucker was up and drinking milk the next morning. We had just checked her like 2 hours before.

She was our first and only horse to have a baby. But the wait is so worth it isn't it? It was very exciting!!
If dandelions were hard to grow, they would be most welcome on any lawn. ~Andrew Mason

~~Annie~~
Patrushka
USDA Zone: 5a

Post by Patrushka »

No baby yet? :o

It's all Patsue's fault!!! :lol:
Pat
My Hosta List

Keep your face always toward the sunshine and the shadows will fall behind you.
~ Walt Whitman
New Topic Post Reply