Foal Watch

Use this area to talk about your pets!

Moderator: Chris_W

Ginger
USDA Zone: Zone 7

Post by Ginger »

Aww Peg, what a heartbreaker! I am so sorry ya'll had to go through that. At least you know the whys and if Poco was really too young, then God does work in mysterious ways. Our neighbor's mare had a filly about 2 months ago and the mare died about 3 weeks after giving birth (from twisted intestines) and it was so sad to watch that baby nudge and paw at her Mama.. I can just imagine how it hurt to see Poco do that with her baby. Best of luck and I hope she is back in pasture kicking up her heels soon! You and your DH need to go out and have a quite dinner together.

Ginger
newtohosta-no more

Post by newtohosta-no more »

I guess ,in some ways, having an explanation makes it a bit easier to deal with...but not much. :( I never thought about the age of the mare. Exactly what age IS the right age for them to foal?
And I agree....you and DH should go out for a quiet evening. You deserve some alone time now after the stress and disappointment you've both been through.
~JOAN~
My Hosta List

Tomorrow is promised to no one, so love and laugh today.
wingnut

Post by wingnut »

Ditto what Joan says. Im so sorry for your loss. We were all looking forward to this. Hugs to both of you.

But I do have to ask "why" is that a bad area for foals this year?? whats up with that?
mamawsdaughter

Post by mamawsdaughter »

I just can't believe it...my condolences to you both...I am glad poco is doing okay though...god does work in mysterious ways, but sometimes those ways are not very easy...so we must all have learned....

Hugs to you both....and poco...

mamawsdaughter
jmboyer

Post by jmboyer »

Ohh, Peg, what stunning and tragic news this is. I am so sorry for you and DH. That Poco will be all right in spite of this sad outcome is a ray of hope and light. I agree that you and DH need to rest now from this unbelievable ordeal so that you two may restore your spirits. Our thoughts and love are with you, my friend. We are always here for you.
Tundra_Queen

Post by Tundra_Queen »

Peg, I am so very sorry to hear about your loss. *HUGS* I thought when I saw all the extra pages added here since last night that it was good news. So very sorry it wasn't.

I am very glad Poco is ok, bless her heart. Give her a hug for me.

And a big hug for you and your sweet hubby. I hope u all can recover from this sad loss. {{{BIG HUGS TO ALL OF YOU}}}

Debbie

Old earth dog

Post by Old earth dog »

((((((((((((((((((((((((((((PEG, DH))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))
Justaysam

Post by Justaysam »

I'm so sorry Peg, for you the mare and esp. your DH. I am sure he was looking forward to the little one :( . Sami, my DD and I were really looking forward to a baby painted pony to watch over the puter too. I am happy for her being ok though, and I am sure there will be plenty of painted ponies when the time will be just right for her.
New Topic Post Reply