Puppy Update

Use this area to talk about your pets!

Moderator: Chris_W

Linda P

Puppy Update

Post by Linda P »

Just thought I'd let you know how the puppy is doing. She has gone through quite a few name changes, and still doesn't have her 'for real' name. She's had her well-puppy visit with the vet, started on shots, and been pronounced fit and healthy. The vet was totally appalled that anyone would throw such a tiny puppy away.
My brother saw her over the weekend, and said he was sure he knew what breed she is primarily, but he couldn't drag it out of his poor MS-ravaged mind. He went and got out his dog books, and found a picture of a Border Terrier. I think that is the best choice, and the vet agreed. She seems to have many of the characteristics of that breed. She's just a joy to have around, but is already very determined and single-minded. She's very athletic, and moves faster than the speed of light!
Here's a pic of her from last weekend. She's already growing like a weed, and it's really hard to get her to hold still for a pic!
Linda P
Attachments
Puppy June 05.JPG
Puppy June 05.JPG (26.63 KiB) Viewed 2256 times
And time remembered is grief forgotten,
And frosts are slain and flowers begotten.....
Algernon Charles Swinburne

Latitude: 41° 51' 12.1572"

My Hosta List
Kas

Post by Kas »

Oh my gosh! What a cute little Itty Bitty! Almost makes me want a puppy. I said almost! :lol: :lol:

Kas
Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend; and inside a dog, it's too dark to read. - Groucho Marx
PeggyC

Post by PeggyC »

:P Awwww, what a swweeet face! :lol: I'm so glad to hear that she is doing so well. Bless all your hearts for saving this little girl!
"A friend is someone who knows the song of your soul and sings it back to you when you have forgotten the words."

PeggyC's Hosta List
wishiwere
USDA Zone: 5

Post by wishiwere »

:lol: Is she sticking her tongue at the photography! Naughty girl! :lol: :lol:

She looks so sweet and determined! Keep the updates coming, this is going to be fun............... from afar! :lol:
Jane (from the middle of the Mitten state)
My hosta list: viewtopic.php?t=39540
Ginger
USDA Zone: Zone 7

Post by Ginger »

She is so cute! Love that face, bet she likes to lick ya to death huh? Nothing better than puppy love, except of course Puppy breath! She is a lucky girl!

G
newtohosta-no more

Post by newtohosta-no more »

Oh my goodness! It's just not fair!! Puppies and kittens just get more and more adorable and makes you want to get another one. :lol:
She really is such a cutie pie. Hope you come up with an appropriate name soon. :)
~JOAN~
My Hosta List

Tomorrow is promised to no one, so love and laugh today.
Snow

Post by Snow »

Ohhhhhhhh - she's precious!
~*Snow*~
jmboyer

Post by jmboyer »

Oh, my glory....look at that amazingly sweet face. I'm so happy she's alive. Now tell me how to stop wanting another puppy.
LucyGoose

Post by LucyGoose »

Oh my goodness.....She looks like a ball of engery, that's for sure!! How cute she is!! Hey, I have a name....Lucy!! :lol: :wink:
patsue53

Post by patsue53 »

:D She is just precious!! What a sweet little face! :lol:
I love a happy ending!!!
Old earth dog

Post by Old earth dog »

Beautiful pup. I'm seeing a GSD mix there. Way to big for a Border. Head structure, size, etc doesn't click.The color is close but that's a common color in lots of dogs.
I didn't want to hijack your thread, so I'm putting a pic of my Border terrier, Polly, in another thread. My avitar is also a Border.
Tundra_Queen

Post by Tundra_Queen »

Oh what a cute puppy! U said she loves to roll down hills, how about Tumble or Tumbler?

Debbie

Annie
USDA Zone: 5

Post by Annie »

AWWWWW! Isn't that one of the cutest faces ya ever seen!!!!

She looks like a bigger pup. How much did she weigh in at?
If dandelions were hard to grow, they would be most welcome on any lawn. ~Andrew Mason

~~Annie~~
Linda P

Post by Linda P »

Her size in the pic might be a little bit of an optical illusion. She is being held by my grandaughter, so those hands in the background belong to a child, and I had the camera zoomed in on her. According to the woman who rescued her, the mom was a small terrier mix, but they don't know who the father was. You may be right OED..could have been a visit from someone outside their yard. This man who owns the mother dog has several small mixed-breed dogs in his chainlink back yard, but that's not to say that a determined GSD couldn't have scaled the fence and paid a visit.
She is just under 5 lbs. Her legs are too long for a border terrier, for sure, but there is definitely something terrier in her. She is particularly fond of digging. :lol:
:lol: :lol: :lol: at Lucy. I think they already ran that name through. We had a cat name Lucy, so that is out of the running. For some reason, they are leaning towards Tasha. She was Phoebe for a while, and that drove me crazy. Not the name, but the way they were saying it. Little-girl voice going "PHEE-be". Ack.
Only problem with Tasha is that we have another grandog named Sasha. They like to play together, and the names are way too much alike. Sasha was herding the puppy around the yard Sunday afternoon, keeping her from escaping the side yard where we were sitting. It was funny to watch. Sasha is definitely a GSD mix. I need to get a picture of her..she's another dumped doggy. She was let out in the country with another dog. She found her way to my door, but we were unable to track down what happened to the other dog. I just hope someone took her in.
Going to look at OED's furkid pic.
Linda P

My Hosta List
mamawsdaughter

Post by mamawsdaughter »

She is just to cute...makes me want another dog...but DH would surely divorce me if I bring home another pet...1 dog and 7 cats already....

As for the name, take your time...when the right name pops into your head you will know it....

I love happy endings....mamawsdaughter
Patrushka
USDA Zone: 5a

Post by Patrushka »

Awww, she is just as adorable as she can be. :D
Pat
My Hosta List

Keep your face always toward the sunshine and the shadows will fall behind you.
~ Walt Whitman
Linda P

Post by Linda P »

I guess it's time for another update! The little sweetie pie is about 10 weeks old or so now, and she is just as smart as a whip. She already does a sit and stay. She's getting better at asking to go outside. She's kenneled when she's in the house, unless she's with one of the kids, so there have been no accidents yet. She finally has a name, Roxie. She responds to it quite well, so I think that is the permanent choice. I'll try to get a pic of her soon. Her legs are getting longer, but she still has that completely square muzzle with the chin whiskers.
Linda P

My Hosta List
Old earth dog

Post by Old earth dog »

Patiently watin for pics! :D :D :D :wink:
Linda P

Post by Linda P »

Okay, OED, here ya go. She's losing the dark color on her back, but still has it on her ears and muzzle. 11 weeks now, and she will do a long stay, and also a 'leave the room' stay. I am amazed. She knows 'kennel' and 'quiet', and sometimes scratches at the door when she needs to go out.
Linda P
Attachments
Looks like there might be a little pug influence in this loopy tail
Looks like there might be a little pug influence in this loopy tail
Roxie Stay 05.JPG
Roxie Sit 05.JPG

My Hosta List
Linda P

Post by Linda P »

Here's one to give you an idea of her size. The ball she's playing with is just a little smaller than a tennis ball.
Linda P
Attachments
Roxie Toy 05.JPG

My Hosta List
New Topic Post Reply