The Trouble with Really

Use this area to talk about your pets!

Moderator: Chris_W

jmboyer

Post by jmboyer »

Ohh, my goodness....yes, it is a very, very sad day on this forum. Allow yourself the gift of remembering the wonderful life you gave Really, and most of all, allow yourself to grieve. It stays with you a long time. When Kibbie closed his eyes for the last time last month, I looked up at the vet through a blur of tears to hear her say, "He's gone." As I leaned over and gave him the final kisses he would ever receive from me, I could think only that my sweet boy was no longer in pain. Keep that thought in your mind because it will give you generous comfort. Your precious Really will no longer suffer in any way. Her loss of senses, her dementia, her inability to walk without dragging her legs, and her inability to stand without falling will all fade away as she closes her eyes....and she will be free. I send my deepest condolences to you and your family.
Lionitus

Post by Lionitus »

Really has parted from us. It was a peaceful experience and the Doctor was so gentle and kind with her. I don't believe she even had any idea what was happening. She was very disoriented and the last couple days had stopped responding to my husband and me. I still catch myself walking into rooms expecting to see Puppy so this is really going to feel strange now.

Every time I go to PetSmart it's all I can do to not bring home a kitty who needs me. Sometimes I think I lavish too much on my kitties. Not monetarily but with lots of talking and love and letting them do whatever they want! But I don't think it can ever be too much. They are completely at our mercy and they ask so little of us during their existence.

Really was very happy, very funny and very sweet, although she worked very hard to never let anyone know the sweet part! We called her Old Coot, Our Bowling Ball with Feet and Poo.

Now that we released her I know it was right. I'm at peace and so is Really. In a couple days we'll take her home to the farm and bury her remains and I'll plant a catnip plant to remember her by.

Thanks Everyone for your kindness. My heart and best wishes go out to all here who are struggling with this same situation. I hope I can reach out and bring the same comfort to you all in return.

Lionitus
mamawsdaughter

Post by mamawsdaughter »

My heart and prayers are with you today....just always remember the wonderful memories, and that will ease the pain of this decision...

mamawsdaughter
wishiwere
USDA Zone: 5

Post by wishiwere »

:cry: {{hugs}} Lionitus and dh. :(
Jane (from the middle of the Mitten state)
My hosta list: viewtopic.php?t=39540
Squash Blossom

Post by Squash Blossom »

People who don't own and love pets never seem to understand the bonds we enjoy. It's kinda' strange but I've found that when we have to say a final goodbye to a pet, the terrible sadness and frustration of their last few weeks or even months of illness soon fade from our memory, and we only remember the happy, healthy times.

It takes a tremendous amount of maturity and wisdom to put a seriously ill pet's needs ahead of our own desire to love them a few more days or weeks but I think it is the ultimate tribute to the love they've given us to have the courage to release them from their pain.

Ann
To plant a garden is to believe in tomorrow.
Snow

Post by Snow »

(((((((Lionitus)))))))) .....

And I dont believe it's possible to lavish too much love on our pets :)
~*Snow*~
patsue53

Post by patsue53 »

((((Lionitus)))) I know how painful your decision was and how it hurts to lose your sweet kitties. You've been a good mom to Puppy and Really and I'm sure they loved you completely. I'm glad you're finding peace in your decision.
Lionitus

Post by Lionitus »

Thank you All. Your words and concern mean so much to me.

On a side note, we received a lovely little letter today from the local Animal Shelter letting us know that our veterinarian made a donation in Puppy's name. How sweet and thoughtful. I sent off a Thank You note to the doctor right away.

I feel better today because of all of you.

Lionitus
wishiwere
USDA Zone: 5

Post by wishiwere »

Was wondering how you were doing. Good to hear from you. And yes, that was nice of the vet office! :) {{hugs}}
Jane (from the middle of the Mitten state)
My hosta list: viewtopic.php?t=39540
Penhalion

Post by Penhalion »

I'm glad that you did the right thing....for Really. I'm sure she knew how much you loved her. The most loving decision is not the one that causes us less pain, it's the one that causes our beloved pets less pain.

Lots of hugs for both of you.
PeggyC

Post by PeggyC »

:( I'm so truly sorry about Puppy and Really. You did a wonderful thing, adopting them into your home and in return they gave you their unconditional love. I know your life was better because of them. Bless you for your kindness. I hope their memory will bring you peace and joy in the days to come. Peg
"A friend is someone who knows the song of your soul and sings it back to you when you have forgotten the words."

PeggyC's Hosta List
New Topic Post Reply