Find The Hiding Kitty

Use this area to talk about your pets!

Moderator: Chris_W

Doris_J

Find The Hiding Kitty

Post by Doris_J »

Can you find the hiding kitty?

Gray Boy has taken to sleeping under some Rugosa Roses. Here is is under 'Hansa' who is current covered with a Clematis. You can barely see his little furry head. Those Hazelnut shells must be awfully comfortable.
Attachments
grayboy4.JPG
jmboyer

Post by jmboyer »

That is really a cute photo, Doris. I almost didn't find him. Than I saw a little white whisker and suddenly I could see him clearly. He probably thinks you can't see him.
Doris_J

Post by Doris_J »

He's so funny. I found him tonight under the same Rugosa, but this time, in an old bird bath.

Then he came out and played with Maya for awhile. Still don't know who he belongs to. I think he was abandoned now, because he's been awfully skinny (yes, I'm feeding him now)
Attachments
One hand in the garden, one hand on the tail
One hand in the garden, one hand on the tail
Gray Boy in the birdbath
Gray Boy in the birdbath
Tundra_Queen

Post by Tundra_Queen »

ahhh doris, how sweet! I'm so glad u are feeding him. I think he just wants to be loved, poor thing.

Debbie

Doris_J

Post by Doris_J »

He does. He's a very sweet kitty. He's about a year old now. Poor guy. He is happy in our garden, though.
Attachments
grayboy3.JPG
Old earth dog

Post by Old earth dog »

I like that smoky grey color!
Doris, and other cat owners. Is there any fear of free roaming cats bring in any health probles to your own cats, or do vaccinations cover any problems that may arise?
Doris_J

Post by Doris_J »

Well, OED, since I'm not a vet, I don't know for sure, but I would guess the answer to that would be yes, free roaming cats do pose a risk to our housepets.

My cat, Thelma, is mainly an indoor cat. She occassionally comes outside with me, but that's pretty rare now. I try to keep her in.

I'm assuming poor Gray Boy hasn't had any shots (he's not neutered). I'm hoping he doesn't meet his brother's fate (run over by a car in front of our house), or come down with some disease. If I lived alone, I'd end up adopting him. Two things prevent me from doing that now. Thelma, and DH. DH says, "No more cats!". Thelma would say the same, if she could make her little kitty lips form words. So, since I can't bring him into our home, I do what I can to make him comfortable outside--food, water, shelter, lots of pets on the head and belly rubs. I may end up taking him to the vet to be neutered someday, but I don't know what I'd do with him during recovery time. Unfortunately, as an outdoor cat, I'm afraid his days are numbered.
Attachments
Yes, I know, I look very sweet, but other cats and I don't mix!
Yes, I know, I look very sweet, but other cats and I don't mix!
Old earth dog

Post by Old earth dog »

I've heard that outdoor toms have a life expctancy of about 3-4 yrs. Sounds awful short. My brother had an intact, chewed up old Siamese that would be gone for days at a time, yet he was 20+ when he finally died. Old Bailey must have ruled that neighborhood with iron claws.
newtohosta-no more

Post by newtohosta-no more »

He's so handsome and soft looking. I wouldn't have found him if you hadn't of told us he was in that pic. :lol:
I just got the last of the surviving outdoor cats fixed this week. She is apparently sterile, but still goes into heat and the males cats were always pestering her. The poor thing. She's three years old and only weighed a bit over 4 lbs! :eek: She is also the last surviving sibling to the three boys I adopted. We wormed her, got her shots, and are now trying to fatten her up. My DH says no more cats in the house either, and I can understand that since we have five, so the 3 outdoor cats sleep in the garage when it's cold or rainy, but stay outside in nice weather. They still do roam a bit, but I don't think they go far and I have never seen either of them cross the street. They mainly stay in the back and play in the farmer's field. I know that outdoor animals are supposed to have a much shorter life span and that just breaks my heart to think of losing another one. We'll just have to do our best to take care of them. And I have an idea that grayboy is haning around because he knows you have a very soft heart and will care for him. You may not be able to take him into your home as of yet, but you have certainly given him a home, nonetheless. Bless you for that. :)
~JOAN~
My Hosta List

Tomorrow is promised to no one, so love and laugh today.
jmboyer

Post by jmboyer »

Doris, that photo of Maya is exceptional. It is so winsome and lovely. I'm certain it is a photo you will cherish for a lifetime.

I'm stunned by how much Thelma looks like my Misty. Now that Misty is grown, I can scarcely find a difference in hers and Thelma's markings. Even their eyes are the same color.

You are very kind to be taking care of Gray Boy. He knows you are helping him and is become increasingly attached to you and Maya.
Lionitus

Post by Lionitus »

Gray Boy is very sweet looking. I too like the picture with him and Maya.

I'm losing count of how many stray or abandoned kitties we've taken in now. There seems to be no end to these poor creatures. I count four in our current neighborhood that seem to just roam around not belonging to anyone. Pretty soon we'll be moving to our farm and I shudder to think how many feral or "dropped off" kitties we may encounter.

I think it's wonderful of you to help this little guy, Doris. He looks very grateful that you have put an extra bowl out for him. You have a kind soul.
PeggyC

Post by PeggyC »

Doris, its great to see Grayboy again and I'm glad to know that you are taking care of him. I would love to have another indoor kitty but my DH also says NO! :roll:
"A friend is someone who knows the song of your soul and sings it back to you when you have forgotten the words."

PeggyC's Hosta List
Snow

Post by Snow »

FYI - I am pretty sure there is virtually no recovery time for male neutering. Having said that - you certainly are already doing a lot to care for the little guy. He's beautiful. So is Thelma ;)
~*Snow*~
Old earth dog

Post by Old earth dog »

:eek: !?No recovery time?! :eek: I don't think I would EVER recover from it. :eek: :eek:
Doris_J

Post by Doris_J »

:lol: :lol: :lol:
Snow

Post by Snow »

8-) Last male Kitty I had done (14 years ago) came home the same day. Dont even think he had stitches! Did have to keep him in for a day or so - which was no problem because they dont go outside anyhow :wink:
~*Snow*~
impatience

Post by impatience »

No recovery time-really. There really isn't much for females either. The vet told me that cats are much tougher than dogs because they don't travel in packs and they have to take care of themselves or else..............

Also for males, it's a quick thing. I don't know about human males tho-maybe the same. :roll: :lol:
Gardening is the slowest of the performing arts.
Ginger
USDA Zone: Zone 7

Post by Ginger »

Yup, snip snip an ice bag and off you go :lol: :lol:

Ginger
wishiwere
USDA Zone: 5

Post by wishiwere »

:eek: Oh my! Was that a wave! Did you others feel that wave of leg crossings just now? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Jane (from the middle of the Mitten state)
My hosta list: viewtopic.php?t=39540
Doris_J

Post by Doris_J »

Gray Boy says, "If you don't mind, I think I'll just sit right here and protect my jewels."
Attachments
grayboy8.JPG
New Topic Post Reply