Prayers for Lil'Bit

Use this area to talk about your pets!

Moderator: Chris_W

mommatina
USDA Zone: 5

Prayers for Lil'Bit

Post by mommatina »

I took Lil'Bit to the vet today.. he had been having problems with his teeth and had started to limp some... she found he has a heart murmer and probably has testiculer cancer...He also needs major work on his teeth... He is around 9 years old now... she suggested neutering him and having his teeth fixed, but is very concerned about him being put to sleep with the heart murmer.. she said not impossible to do, but very dangerous..she started him on antibiotics and thinks this could help.. she called it some kind of therapy, can't remember the name.. he would be on the med one week out of the month and on asprin...He is such a tiny thing and so nervous about everything... please just keep him in your thoughts.
Attachments
HPIM0622.JPG
http://mccomaswv.com/Beartown/beartown_wv.htm
Tina
Challenges make you discover things about yourself that you never really knew.
Snow

Post by Snow »

Awe - poor little guy :( Hopefully the treatment will help him, and he wont have to be upset by constant vet visits. Bless his little heart~
~*Snow*~
PeggyC

Post by PeggyC »

Definitely will keep him in my thoughts and prayers. I also hope the meds work for him.
"A friend is someone who knows the song of your soul and sings it back to you when you have forgotten the words."

PeggyC's Hosta List
LucyGoose

Post by LucyGoose »

Awwww.....Poor little thing.....They can do surgery's not with pets with heart mumors.....Ginger has one now that she is old, and the vet was just talking about that stuff when we were there for shots recently.... They are thinking on taking her fatty tumor off, maybe, and he said that the anathethic's (sp) are much better now....

I sure hope he does okay, and I will have you & him in my thoughts Tina....

(((((Huggs)))))
Old earth dog

Post by Old earth dog »

I'll definately have LilBit in my thoughts. Seems those toy breeds have so much trouble with teeth.
wishiwere
USDA Zone: 5

Post by wishiwere »

Aw. Poor little guy. Yes, they do have anesthetic that is for older dogs, not so heavy on them. They used it when Lady had a cancerous tumor removed from her foot & one of those cyst type things on her side over a year ago that had grown huge. She had the surgery about 10am and when I went to get it at 4:00pm, she was running around like nothing had taken place! Shocked me! I know after their spaying and the kitties spaying they were all very out of it for a couple days at least. I was pleasantly surprised!

Good Luck, and I'll keep him in good thoughts and prayers.
Jane (from the middle of the Mitten state)
My hosta list: viewtopic.php?t=39540
jmboyer

Post by jmboyer »

I'm so sorry to hear this news, Tina. I'm sending good wishes and healing thoughts to LilBit and hope he does well with his surgery. Last December when Blondie had a benign tumor removed, they gave her cat anesthetic. She has dental surgery scheduled for next month. Ahh, these kids....er....critters....they sure keep us broke and worried. My best to LilBit and keep us posted on how the little guy is doing.
newtohosta-no more

Post by newtohosta-no more »

Poor LilBit! Tina, I will keep you both in my thoughts and prayers. I know how much our furkids mean to us, so let's hope for a good outcome.
And I sure do agree with Janet's statement...they sure keep us broke and worried. :???:
~JOAN~
My Hosta List

Tomorrow is promised to no one, so love and laugh today.
Lionitus

Post by Lionitus »

Oh, he's just adorable. I'm sending best wishes and prayers to LilBit. I hope his health improves soon.

Lionitus
Patrushka
USDA Zone: 5a

Post by Patrushka »

(((Tina and Little Bit))) You are in my thoughts and prayers. I hope the therapy helps and Little Bit's health problems can be resolved quickly.
Pat
My Hosta List

Keep your face always toward the sunshine and the shadows will fall behind you.
~ Walt Whitman
amr-ind

Post by amr-ind »

(((((Lil Bit))))

(((((Tina)))))

My prayers are with Lil Bit and you!

Ann
New Topic Post Reply