Travis helping me plant a tree

Use this area to talk about your pets!

Moderator: Chris_W

Annie
USDA Zone: 5

Travis helping me plant a tree

Post by Annie »

I was planting a crabapple tree in my back yard. I had lots of help form Travis :lol:

All the time I was digging he was growling and barking at the shovel and attacking the dirt with a vengence!

In the one pic my brother said it looked like I was burying him LOL. He was just testing the hole for size.

I wound up having to put him back in the house until I was done :lol:
Attachments
One last test for width and we will be done!
One last test for width and we will be done!
Ya think this is big enough?
Ya think this is big enough?
travis in hole mgi.jpg
If dandelions were hard to grow, they would be most welcome on any lawn. ~Andrew Mason

~~Annie~~
Annie

Post by Annie »

Well mom the work is all done and I didn't even get dirty!!
:D
Attachments
travis dirty nose mgi.jpg
If dandelions were hard to grow, they would be most welcome on any lawn. ~Andrew Mason

~~Annie~~
patsue53

Post by patsue53 »

:lol: :lol: He looks like he's just FULL of it! The pictures tell a story all by themselves. So funny! :lol:
Snow

Post by Snow »

Lol! He's adorable :wink:
~*Snow*~
jmboyer

Post by jmboyer »

Now that's an industrious little guy if I ever saw one. I swear, he could have dug that hole all by himself. :lol: And that precious face of his....it gets me every time right in the heart.
wishiwere

Post by wishiwere »

Oh gosh! He's just tooooooooo cute! And what a worker bee you have there! :D

Just so long as he doesn't transplant the item when you aren't looking in the morning! :lol:
Jane (from the middle of the Mitten state)
My hosta list: viewtopic.php?t=39540
Old earth dog

Post by Old earth dog »

I want that dog! :lol: :lol: :lol:
Having done lots of earthwork with my terriers, they think of a shovel as a bird dog thinks of a shotgun.
If I put something new in the garden, I MUST put those little bas+^rds in the house or it's a gonner before I put the shovel away. If the plants make it 2-3 days without them noticing the freshly dug soil, it'll make it.
:D :D :D Just a little something to think about Annie. Travis seems like a natural to me. :D :D :D :D :D :wink:
Attachments
Looking for Pete.jpg
Looking for Pete.jpg (11.71 KiB) Viewed 2230 times
Tundra_Queen

Post by Tundra_Queen »

Uh Oh Annie, I think u done shown Travis something very bad.... :lol: I hope u won't live to regret it. :lol: I think u should of put him in the house before u started digging. :lol:

:lol: @ OED's pic!

Debbie

Annie

Post by Annie »

LOL OED!
No you can't have Travis :lol: He works for me, helping me dig holes for my plants :lol: :wink:

Hope ya found Pete!!

I'm not worried about him digging. Wilma already digs in the yard. I had to fill up a huge hole she made ( and some smaller ones). And I don't mean just a hole it was a tunnel :eek: She could get in there and all I could see was the tip of her tail. And she isn't a small dog.

He already likes to dig where he sees fresh dirt. So far he only broke a couple of daylilys over while him and Wilma were running wild around the yard. But I did plant the flowers in THEIR yard :D . I have to remember they are dogs and some dogs LOVE to dig :lol: I knew that when I decided to plant flowers and such in the back yard, their yard.

If Wilma is out by herself for any length of time she WILL dig. But thats ok now she has a partner in crime to dig with! And it is in his nature to want to dig LOL. I already watch the fence line as Wilma has dug under it too. But she has never gotten out. But with him being so little I have to do something about that. Thinking about burying chicken wire along the fence so they can't dig out.

But I couldn't beleive how he reacted to the shovel! It was so funny.

~~Annie~~
Linda P

Post by Linda P »

Annie, your pics are just wonderful, and Travis is so cute. I wish I had the energy to be owned by a JRT. Not gonna happen in this lifetime! Thanks for sharing your pup with us.
Linda P
And time remembered is grief forgotten,
And frosts are slain and flowers begotten.....
Algernon Charles Swinburne

Latitude: 41° 51' 12.1572"

My Hosta List
mamawsdaughter

Post by mamawsdaughter »

Travis is just too cute...JRT is not one of my favorites breeds...but travis is making me like them more and more...thanks for sharing your pics with us....keep them coming....

mamawsdaughter
PeggyC

Post by PeggyC »

:lol: Annie, thanks for the laugh this morning! Your pictures of Travis are wonderful! :lol: He's such a cutie!
"A friend is someone who knows the song of your soul and sings it back to you when you have forgotten the words."

PeggyC's Hosta List
LucyGoose

Post by LucyGoose »

OMG, I am so glad I saw this thread this morning! What a cute dog! He looks like you could just squeeze the heck out of him!

Thanks!!! :D
Justme

Post by Justme »

That pup is too cute! But I hear JRT have way too much energy for a border line old person like me :D

Tami
My Hosta List
It is always something
Ginger
USDA Zone: Zone 7

Post by Ginger »

He is an ornery one isn't he! He is so cute though, how in the world do you correct him when he looks at you with that little face? Those pictures were priceless!

Ginger
Old earth dog

Post by Old earth dog »

Found him! :D :wink:
Attachments
imgD0D03.jpg
imgD0D03.jpg (11.66 KiB) Viewed 2154 times
newtohosta-no more

Post by newtohosta-no more »

Adorable pics everyone. Travis wore me out just watching him do all that work....or supervising? :???: :lol:
~JOAN~
My Hosta List

Tomorrow is promised to no one, so love and laugh today.
caliloo
USDA Zone: SE PA z6

Post by caliloo »

Great pictures!

Travis is a stitch! I would never get anything done because I would spend all day laughing at his antics.

Glad you found him OED.... :lol:

Alexa
Annie

Post by Annie »

LOL OED,
I don't think you found him, he LET you THINK you found him :lol: :lol:
I would be paranoid of losing them in that hole :o I think I'll just keep Travis away from any holes that size :eek:

~~Annie~~
New Topic Post Reply