My new Garden Buddy

Use this area to talk about your pets!

Moderator: Chris_W

Tundra_Queen

My new Garden Buddy

Post by Tundra_Queen »

Tegan is my new garden helper. She absolutely loves helping Mommy in the garden and I have to be careful what I say. Cause if I mention garden she thinks she is going out NOW! :lol:

She has this habit of sticking her head thru the fence by the pond, to watch things going on down the street. :lol:

Debbie
Attachments
my garden helper July 8 2005.jpg
my garden helper July 8 2005.jpg (26.92 KiB) Viewed 1443 times
Did u say COOKIE? LOL
Did u say COOKIE? LOL
Gary went to turn the hose on and she is waiting for him to come back LOL
Gary went to turn the hose on and she is waiting for him to come back LOL

Old earth dog

Post by Old earth dog »

Tegan is so pretty! Looks like the word "cookie" is a world wide attention getter. :lol: :wink:
Tundra_Queen

Post by Tundra_Queen »

She is such a good girl. :-)
Attachments
my garden helper July 8 2005.jpg
my garden helper July 8 2005.jpg (26.92 KiB) Viewed 1438 times
Tegan looking down the street LOL.jpg
where did daddy go.jpg
where did daddy go.jpg (24.8 KiB) Viewed 1439 times

Tundra_Queen

Post by Tundra_Queen »

OED, yep sht wakes up when we say cookie. :lol:

I think she has also found out there is a chipmunk around, I've had to get her to back down out of some of the raised beds. :lol:

Debbie

LucyGoose

Post by LucyGoose »

Awwww......she has the sweetest face, Debbie! Give her a pat from Lucy!

Thanks from sharing!! :D
Linda P

Post by Linda P »

She looks like a real sweetheart. Love that pic of her looking through the fence. Give her a pat from me too!
Linda P
And time remembered is grief forgotten,
And frosts are slain and flowers begotten.....
Algernon Charles Swinburne

Latitude: 41° 51' 12.1572"

My Hosta List
wishiwere
USDA Zone: 5

Post by wishiwere »

Don't you love that 'when ya coming back?' look. Here's one of our Lady wanting answers also :) I didn't take her with me to give the neighbor a hand with his shed he was building. The twin was at the back fence behind his yard, hoping for an open gate. :)
Attachments
Lady fenced in-small.jpg
Jane (from the middle of the Mitten state)
My hosta list: viewtopic.php?t=39540
PeggyC

Post by PeggyC »

Awwww, those are sweet pics of Tegan! Love the one with her head through the fence! :lol:
"A friend is someone who knows the song of your soul and sings it back to you when you have forgotten the words."

PeggyC's Hosta List
Tundra_Queen

Post by Tundra_Queen »

Thanks everyone. She is such a sweet dog, she has the best loving personality I've seen in a dog in a very long time. :-)

This is her first year in the garden and she is loving it! so many things for her to sniff and explore. :lol:

Jane what a cute pic! What kind of dog is that? a spaniel of some kind? The fur looks sort of wavy.

Debbie

wishiwere

Post by wishiwere »

Yes, she's a cocker with a curl! :)

So your baby has never had access to the garden before or is she new to your family?
Tundra_Queen

Post by Tundra_Queen »

Jane, Tegan is my hubby's 3 year old guide dog and she was only allowed in the garden if she was attached by leash to hubs. I had another small ill temptered dog that was my garden buddy and he was quite jealous of sharing his garden space so I never had Tegan in the garden much last year.

But because we had the small dog put to sleep last November I don't have to worry about Tegan getting bitten by the little dog anymore so Tegan is now allowed in the garden.

She is very good in the garden and is pretty careful where she walks. She didn't want to walk around the hostas at first,,I have a big Minuteman by the patio steps and she would just stop and I'd have to show her how to go around it. :lol: She has also noticed the pond now and is quite interested in the frog spitting out the water, I just hope she doesn't decide to go for a swim. I think she thinks the frog is like the hose and she wants to get a drink from it like she does from the hose. :lol:

She is having a great time and she also doesn't bark or growl at people or dogs walking down the sidewalk. The total opposite of the little dog.

She enjoys herself very much. She likes to look thru the fence and watch people playing tennis in the park across the street and likes to watch people and dogs walking down the street too! She also keeps me company,,,and now I'm trying to teach her to bite at the black flies and mosquitoes.. but don't tell hubs. :lol:

Debbie

wishiwere

Post by wishiwere »

She sounds like a treasure for you both :) Animals just know don't they. WHen they are given special privleges, and if they like it, the behave well. She's precious. :)
Annie

Post by Annie »

What a sweet looking girl you have there! Just want to give her a big ole hug she looks so gentle.
If dandelions were hard to grow, they would be most welcome on any lawn. ~Andrew Mason

~~Annie~~
New Topic Post Reply