DH brought his Horse home

Use this area to talk about your pets!

Moderator: Chris_W

Ginger
USDA Zone: Zone 7

DH brought his Horse home

Post by Ginger »

She is a really pretty mare. I think I will like her. Better than that devil that kicked him!

Ginger
Attachments
DSC00123.JPG
flowerchild59

Post by flowerchild59 »

What kind is she? How old?
On the keyboard of life always keep one finger on the escape key.
Cheryl
My Hosta List
PeggyC

Post by PeggyC »

:P Yes, give us details! I'm so glad to hear that your DH is feeling well enough after his ordeal that he's ready to ride again! :D
"A friend is someone who knows the song of your soul and sings it back to you when you have forgotten the words."

PeggyC's Hosta List
jmboyer

Post by jmboyer »

She sure is pretty. Yes, please tell us more about this beauty. More photos welcome. :D
Tundra_Queen

Post by Tundra_Queen »

She is very pretty and look how shiny her coat is in the sunshine. :-)

wishiwere
USDA Zone: 5

Post by wishiwere »

Yep, close up protraits are needed to confirm this is okay :)

What handsome horse! Congrats on your newest addition! :)
Jane (from the middle of the Mitten state)
My hosta list: viewtopic.php?t=39540
Ginger

Post by Ginger »

I will try to get some more of her. She is restless in her new home and it is hard to get her still enough :lol: :lol:
DH went back to DR today and got a clean bill of health, DR said his bones are healed, so DH is going to ride her this weekend. Of course I am going to be far far away, could not stand the thought of her throwing him! She is 9 or so years old, has been ridden often, but not in the last couple of years. She has been the head mare in the pasture with 3 other mares, so she is not real happy right now :lol:
She is a quarter horse.

She is a pretty girl, and follows DH around like a dog right now. She winnies when he pulls up after work, or when he goes outside. She is lonely I think.

Her coat in the winter is black, but in summer she gets sunbleached, so looks more brownish red.

I already hate the dust she kicks up when she walks the fence :evil: I told DH he needs to teach her to pick up her feet :lol:

Ginger
janet

Post by janet »

Very nice mare, Ginger. And so glad your DH is cleared to ride again. Sounds to me like you need a goat to keep her company...great weed eaters, too! :wink:
jd in nh
janet's list
It is well to remember that the entire universe, with one trifling exception, is composed of others. --John Andrew Holmes
Ginger

Post by Ginger »

:lol: :lol: Janet.. I would almost consider a goat, but they like to eat too many other things, like the bumpers of your car, the trees, my HOSTA :eek:

Ginger
janet

Post by janet »

:lol: I know of what you speak, Ginger!! They can be quite affectionate though. Ours kept the first horse quiet for two years till we got the second horse. Worked out quite well for us (she also preferred thistles and burrs to perennials, thankfully).
jd in nh
janet's list
It is well to remember that the entire universe, with one trifling exception, is composed of others. --John Andrew Holmes
Ginger

Post by Ginger »

CAN YOU SEE HER NOW :lol: :lol:

I tried to get a better pic this morning, and she thought I had a treat for her, nosy thing :)

Her name is Star
Attachments
DSC00128.JPG
Linda P

Post by Linda P »

Oh, she's a beauty, Ginger. I could almost smell that horsey aroma when I looked at that second pic.
Linda P
And time remembered is grief forgotten,
And frosts are slain and flowers begotten.....
Algernon Charles Swinburne

Latitude: 41° 51' 12.1572"

My Hosta List
Ginger

Post by Ginger »

:lol: I love the way you phrased that "horsey aroma" !

She does all her business right in that corner where I got the pic. Lovely smell to greet people as they pull in the driveway :o But... I will have lots and lots of manure for the compost pile :D

G
PeggyC

Post by PeggyC »

Hey Ginger... I know that smell! :lol: Star is lovely! Let us know how the first ride goes this weekend!
"A friend is someone who knows the song of your soul and sings it back to you when you have forgotten the words."

PeggyC's Hosta List
New Topic Post Reply