More about Gray Boy

Use this area to talk about your pets!

Moderator: Chris_W

Doris_J

More about Gray Boy

Post by Doris_J »

Well, I'm learning more about Gray Boy and the other cats in the neighborhood.

I decided to visit the two ladies who live next door to the neighbor across from me who moved a few months ago (did you get all that?) I knew that my old neighbor had cats that he never spayed or neutered, and they multiplied. Anyway, when he moved, he abandoned 7 cats. Gray Boy is not one of them. We don't know who he belongs to, and he wanders over to her place for food, too. He is very skinny, so we believe he's a stray. By the way, she's been calling him Gray Man! :lol:

My neighbor caught all 7 of those abandoned cats and had them spayed and neutered after the old neighbor moved. She should get a medal for taking on that kind of an expense. I'm going to have Gray Boy neutered. I'll have to take him in over the weekend. If he needs to recoup for a day or two, my neighbor will let him rest in her house.

Today I witnessed Gray Boy catch a bird and carry it off, which was not pleasant. Poor bird. I know that's what cats do, but it's still not fun to witness.
Attachments
mayagrayboy1.JPG
Snow

Post by Snow »

Well, fortunately it doesnt cost as much to neuter a male. Kudos to you - great thing you are doing :wink:
~*Snow*~
doublemom2
USDA Zone: 8

Post by doublemom2 »

Way to go Doris... and big big award for your neighbor for getting the other 7 cats fixed!!!! Wish my $tup!d neighbors would do that with their cats that run the neighborhood!

Um, by the way... I know it sounds backwards, but I really think that Gray Boy has adopted you, instead of the usual human adopting animal kind of thing LOL! Thank goodness for people like you and your neighbors who are willing to step in and help to take care of animals like that. :)

Andi
Andi
Discover Wildlife... Have Twins!!!
LucyGoose

Post by LucyGoose »

:beer: Doris!! and your neighbor, too!! That's a cute picture! Yep, I'd say he is yours.... :D
Tundra_Queen

Post by Tundra_Queen »

Doris that is so great your going to do that! And your neighbour did it for 7 cats? :eek: That would be over 700 bucks here!

Do u think that maybe Grey Boy has worms? Cause if you and your neighbour are both feeding him he shouldn't be so skinny? Maybe u could start giving him worm medicine? And if u don't want him to catch birds maybe u could put a bell on him?

Debbie

wishiwere
USDA Zone: 5

Post by wishiwere »

If he's wild which apparently he is, you surely don't want to put a collar on him. If he gets caught up in it that wouldn't be pretty at all.

Yes, watching the bird thing is sad....... :( But necessary for his survival I suppose.

Thanks for taking care of spaying him. I wish more would take of their own, so others like you wouldn't have to do it for them :(

Hope he doesn't associate you with the spaying. He sure seems to like you :)
Jane (from the middle of the Mitten state)
My hosta list: viewtopic.php?t=39540
New Topic Post Reply