1 of my litters (Drahthaars)

Use this area to talk about your pets!

Moderator: Chris_W

r_leblanc

1 of my litters (Drahthaars)

Post by r_leblanc »

Some Drahthaar pups
Attachments
D Litter,Dolly is the first pup on the left,cute little devils,aren't they?
D Litter,Dolly is the first pup on the left,cute little devils,aren't they?
D Litter,Dolly 1st from left.jpg (19.39 KiB) Viewed 984 times
Ron G. LeBlanc
JaneG
USDA Zone: 5

Post by JaneG »

Oh my goodness, what a cute pic!! It makes me smile!!
JaneG
Start slowly . . . then taper off.
patsue53

Post by patsue53 »

:lol: :lol: They sure are cute! They look like they're all lined up for school to start! :lol:
r_leblanc

Post by r_leblanc »

JaneH wrote:Oh my goodness, what a cute pic!! It makes me smile!!
yes,they are adorable.Any one who sees them can't help but want to pick them up & hug them.Of all the different breeds I've owned,the Drahthaar is aiways seeking attention from humans.If I try to read the news in local paper,they will continually lift my arm with their nose until you pay them some attention. Every Drahthaar I've owned does the same peculiar thing.They always sleep next to our bed & the funiest thing is you see their front leg come up & they want you to hold their paw,just like a kid.Can you believe that.I thought at first that it was just the one dog but then found out that every Drahthaar does this.They just seem to need human contact.Thanks for viewing.....Ron
Last edited by r_leblanc on Jul 20, 2005 6:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ron G. LeBlanc
r_leblanc

Post by r_leblanc »

patsue53 wrote::lol: :lol: They sure are cute! They look like they're all lined up for school to start! :lol:
You are one hundred percent right.They are 2 months old & starting their trainingWe place them on a table or as in this picture,on stumps.This is how we train force retrieve.They are off the ground & you pinch lightly on their ear so they will open their mouths.You then place a dummy in their mouth & you keep doing this day after day until they learn to keep dummy in mouth until you say "release".They then let it out of mouth into your hand.Once they are efficient at this,there are two commands.First is "fetch",they must go in forest or water at this command & find either feathered game or fured game.Second is "release",they must come up to dog handler,sit & release game in your hand without hesitation. If you are interested in learning more about this breed go to http://www.drahthaar.com/
Ron G. LeBlanc
PeggyC

Post by PeggyC »

I agree that this pic is just adorable! :lol:
"A friend is someone who knows the song of your soul and sings it back to you when you have forgotten the words."

PeggyC's Hosta List
LucyGoose

Post by LucyGoose »

OMG, they are so cute!! Look at their little heads :D

Hi Ron, and welcome to the forum!! Nice to meet you and your pups!!

Thanks for sharing!! :D
New Topic Post Reply