Sneezing Cat!

Use this area to talk about your pets!

Moderator: Chris_W

toomanyanimals
USDA Zone: 6a

Sneezing Cat!

Post by toomanyanimals »

My cat has been sneezing pretty much non-stop this morning since she came inside. The only thing new is the oriental lilies that I cut and put in a vase last night.

Could this be it??? Anyone else have this problem.

I hope not. This is the first year for my oriental lilies and I just love them. Hate to think I can't bring them inside.
Be not simply good; be good for something.
Henry David Thoreau
wishiwere
USDA Zone: 5

Post by wishiwere »

Is it an indoor cat or outdoor? My dog used to do on occasion when it would get something up it's nose from sniffing around, most times after we'd mowed. Small pieces of grass I was guessing. But it did stop. How long has it been sneezing? Isn't that a sign of medical problems with people? Seems I read that or heard that one time? :???:
Jane (from the middle of the Mitten state)
My hosta list: viewtopic.php?t=39540
Chris_W
Administrator
USDA Zone: 9

Post by Chris_W »

My 4 cats are just now getting over some kind of upper respiratory infection and when I spoke to me vet about it last week he told me mine were the third case that day, so something is definitely going around this time of year. He gave me antibiotics and they all were able to breath better within a couple days.

Could be allergies, but if it keeps up talk to your vet.

Good luck!

Chris
putnamgardens

Post by putnamgardens »

Aw....poor Kitty's. I haven't I think my Golda My Ear has yawn not a sneeze. It's crazy that a kodak moment can be caught it on digital media. I hope the fur babys are feeling better soon. Later, Love, Lisa
Attachments
goldie lounging.jpg
goldie lounging.jpg (15.58 KiB) Viewed 1007 times
goldies yawn.jpg
goldies yawn.jpg (23.19 KiB) Viewed 1007 times
Have I mentioned lately that my drinking team has a hosta problem?
LucyGoose

Post by LucyGoose »

How is your kitty today?

I just last week, had to take Curtis back into the vet....He was breathing weird caughing.....not sneezing though....anyway, they took ex-rays of his lungs and they were not right....She brought out a healthy lung x-ray to show me the difference....anyway, he is on antibiotic's and has to go back after 2 weeks for another x-ray.....

If it was me, take him into the vet....Maybe they can give him relief...

Good Luck!! :D
toomanyanimals
USDA Zone: 6a

Post by toomanyanimals »

My Ahi Cat sneezed for quite a while longer, then ran down to the basement. The sneezing stopped then. I was still wondering if it could be allergies at that point. But it never started up again. In all he sneezed for close to 2 hours. I had never seen that before, hence my concern.

I think wishiwere was right. Something caught in his nose or ??

Chis and LG, sorry to hear about your sick kitties, but glad they have such caring owners to take good care of them. So far my 2 cats have been pretty healthy, but they are still realively young.

Lisa, what a cute 'yawning' picture! Made me chuckle over my coffee. :lol: I didn't think of taking a picture of Ahi sneezing: I was too concerned. I love you cats name!

Thanks all for your replys. Ahi has been fine since then. Just his usual bad boy lovable self.
Sharon
Be not simply good; be good for something.
Henry David Thoreau
Soummer
USDA Zone: 4-5

Post by Soummer »

My girl Rascal would always sneeze after eating. Food allergy came to mind, but close observation revealed that when given the ground canned food (looks like sandwich spread), she couldn't get at it with her tonge very well. Being the genius kitty that she is, she discovered she could get a mouth full if she would smush her face into it. Of course some went up her nose each time, and sneezing commenced. A switch to sliced or chunked food solved the problem :D
Soummer, formerly Janet D.
My Page

New Topic Post Reply