Saying Goodbye

Use this area to talk about your pets!

Moderator: Chris_W

amr-ind

Post by amr-ind »

((Pat)) & ((Taffy))

May your memories help you through this tough time. It's so hard to say goodbye.
Patrushka
USDA Zone: 5a

Post by Patrushka »

(((((Pat & Taffy))))) I'm so sorry. Saying goodbye is heartbreaking. :cry: You and your family are in my thoughts.
Pat
My Hosta List

Keep your face always toward the sunshine and the shadows will fall behind you.
~ Walt Whitman
PeggyB

Post by PeggyB »

I know how heartbreaking this is for you and your family Pat. ((((((((((((Pat)))))))))))))))
Blackkat

Post by Blackkat »

Bless you, your family, and Taffy during this difficult time. How sad it is to have to go through the pain of losing a friend and companion.
janey

Post by janey »

Pat~
Have barely been able to drop in at Hallson's....I'am so sorry to read tonight about Taffy. When Banks died it happened so fast, I didn't have too much time to think before he was gone. Your situation must be so much harder.

I will be thinking of you and your Taffy. Keep us posted.
lazygardner

Post by lazygardner »

(((((((((((((patsue))))))))))))))))
I may be facing the same situation with my Orange Pekoe kitty. So far we are hoping he has a kidney infection, and not cancer. I won't let him suffer either though, no matter how much it breaks my heart. Just like Taffy, Pekoe has had a good life and a much longer one than he might have. You are an angel for buying Taffy the extra time, and for not allowing suffering.
Before criticizing someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them you will be a mile away and have their shoes!
Linda P

Post by Linda P »

((((((((Patsue and Taffy))))))))
Your love for your kitty comes through loud and clear in your touching story, Patsue. I'm so glad that you gave him such a good life. He's been with you through a lot, and I know you will miss him.
Linda P
And time remembered is grief forgotten,
And frosts are slain and flowers begotten.....
Algernon Charles Swinburne

Latitude: 41° 51' 12.1572"

My Hosta List
patsue53

Post by patsue53 »

Thank you all for your compassionate concern. Taffy is failing quickly now and I'll be taking him in on Saturday to be put to rest. Yesterday we couldn't find him and Alex finally found him in the basement behind the clothes washer. I think he didn't know where he was or how to get back upstairs. Today he has spent the entire day facing a wall in the dining room. If I didn't have to work I'd take him in today but I know I'll need a couple of days to recover and I need to be able to concentrate at work. We're going to miss our sweet guy but watching him now is even more heartbreaking.

Thank you for caring.
LucyGoose

Post by LucyGoose »

I can just imagine....my goodness....I feel how you are feeling....:cry: ((((((Pat))))))
PeggyC

Post by PeggyC »

:( Pat, my thoughts will be with you...
"A friend is someone who knows the song of your soul and sings it back to you when you have forgotten the words."

PeggyC's Hosta List
janey

Post by janey »

Pat~
If Taffy has spent the day facing the wall, he is probably past the point of any pain or discomfort. Perhaps he will sleep away on his own, in his home where he is loved.

So sad to go through this....this brings back memories...from experience I can tell you it will actually be easier when it is over. Sad for you, but best for Taffy.

I will be thinking of you.

Hugs.
Old earth dog

Post by Old earth dog »

(((((((Pat))))))) :(
PeggyB

Post by PeggyB »

You can't have too many hugs during times such as these.
(((((((((((Pat)))))))))))) I'll keep you in my best, healing, thoughts.
lazygardner

Post by lazygardner »

Then let me add more... ((((((((((((((((((((Pat)))))))))))))))))))))
Before criticizing someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them you will be a mile away and have their shoes!
goldenmom

Post by goldenmom »

((Pat)), my thoughts will be with you today.
jmboyer

Post by jmboyer »

Pat, my thoughts and love will be with you today. All here understand what you are going through and truly feel deep compassion and sorrow for what you are experiencing. We are with you in spirit, my friend, as you say goodbye to your beloved Taffy.
Snow

Post by Snow »

God bless ....
~*Snow*~
patsue53

Post by patsue53 »

Taffy is no longer in pain. We took him to the vet early this morning and helped him pass over. It was a very peaceful ending to a long painful ordeal and as sad as we are to have lost him, it's also a relief to have the inevitable end be over. Thank you all for your kindness and compassion. You've truly been a comfort.

Pat
jmboyer

Post by jmboyer »

((((((((Pat)))))))) Our thoughts, love, and understanding are with you during this time of grief.
lazygardner

Post by lazygardner »

:cry: ((((Pat))))
New Topic Post Reply