Bad News......*Updated*

Use this area to talk about your pets!

Moderator: Chris_W

LucyGoose

Bad News......*Updated*

Post by LucyGoose »

Okay......You all know I was going to take Curtis in for another ex-ray of his lungs.......I will start with him.......The vet compared the two ex-rays, and he is slightly better....She told us to quit smoking in the house, too....*sigh*.......She gave him more of the same antibiotic, PLUS some steroids to help with (I thinks she said,) inflammation to go down so the antibiotic can work.......come back if I see him get worse or come back in a couple weeks again.....Okay, that was not that bad, or not that great, but she is keeping check......

Ginger was laying on the floor being good, and she said let's look at her fatty tumor(She has had the fatty tumor for a while, and we we just talking about taking it off a couple months ago at shot time) .....She felt it and said she felt a tumor in the tumor....a hard one....that's not good.....she had cancer 3 years ago with a tumor on her chest, but we caught it fast.....removed it and she has been fine.....I was like......*now what!!* She said if it was her dog, and Ginger is doing good for her age, that she would take it off.....I said oh great, now I have to tell DH this......So I made the appointment to have it removed......It's the 19th of Augest....on a friday.....they will keep her that weekend....

I hate when pets get old.....I hope she does like the last time, and makes it through....She is now 13 years old, and such a good girl....

Thanks for listening....
Last edited by LucyGoose on Jul 30, 2005 2:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
newtohosta-no more

Post by newtohosta-no more »

Oh ...poor Ginger!! I hope she will be okay, LG. She's such a beautiful dog and I know you love her to pieces. I'll be thinking positive thoughts for her.
~JOAN~
My Hosta List

Tomorrow is promised to no one, so love and laugh today.
Tundra_Queen

Post by Tundra_Queen »

Oh Lucy ((HUGS)) I'm so sorry to hear about Ginger. I will be sending good thoughts and prayers her way.

Debbie

Old earth dog

Post by Old earth dog »

(((((((((((((Sis))))))))))))) Hang in there sis!
patsue53

Post by patsue53 »

Awwwww jeesh! I'm so sorry to hear this about your sweet Ginger, Lucy. I know how much you love that dog and this must really tear your heart out. I sure hope everything comes out okay. ((((HUGS)))
amr-ind

Post by amr-ind »

(((HUGS for ALL)))
Patrushka
USDA Zone: 5a

Post by Patrushka »

(((((LucyGoose, Jay, Ginger & Curtis))))) You are all in my thoughts and prayers.
Pat
My Hosta List

Keep your face always toward the sunshine and the shadows will fall behind you.
~ Walt Whitman
PeggyC

Post by PeggyC »

Awww, LG, I'm so, so sorry to hear about Curtis and Ginger both. I agree... it really does suck when pets get old. :( Hugs to all of you.
"A friend is someone who knows the song of your soul and sings it back to you when you have forgotten the words."

PeggyC's Hosta List
Snow

Post by Snow »

Oh Lucy :???: Bless your heart.
~*Snow*~
jmboyer

Post by jmboyer »

I am so sorry to hear that Curtis and Ginger are not well. You and Jay must be besides yourselves with worry. I send healing thoughts to Curtis and Ginger and best wishes to you and Jay as you struggle through this difficult time. We are all with you in spirit.
LucyGoose

Post by LucyGoose »

Thanks you guys!!

I know, now when I look at her I think, man......wonder if this is it? I mean, she is old for her breed, and things can happen during surgery.....plus, after they go in, I wonder if it has spread or something.....The last time they did ex-rays of her heart and lungs to see if it spread and it hadn't....I wonder if this one being on her side, if it could too.....I will have to ask more questions the monday when I pick them up from boarding them....I am not looking forward to this.....Then there is Curtie Boy, who is so attached to Ginger.....Hope he don't start acting up like pooping in the tub or something while she is gone....he did that before....Man.......

Thanks again! we have about 3 weeks till all this goes down, so I will just make the best of our time now, while I she is without surgery cone head garb and the such.... :(
LucyGoose

Post by LucyGoose »

Okay, called the vet's to see about how much this is going to cost so we can be prepaired.....I asked about doing it this next friday when I go to drop them off for the weekend while we are at Hallson's....I asked because when I was there yesterday, the vet mentioned why don't we do it then, but I was like.... :o ....that's so soon......but when DH & I were talking this morning, that would be the best time, because we will be on vacation that whole week after that weekend and can watch her better.....so when I asked about doing it that way, they looked and sure enough there was a cancellation, so we are having it done on the 5th instead.....baring that when we do ex-rays of her lungs and & heart on tuesday the cancer hasn't spread to there....sooooo, I guess we will know more on tuesday after the ex-rays then......If it has spread, we just go home.......if she is all clear....(she was the last time, and I hope she is again...) we do it the weekend of Hallson's.....

Man...... :(
Snow

Post by Snow »

(((((Lucy)))))
~*Snow*~
caliloo
USDA Zone: SE PA z6

Post by caliloo »

Oh Lucy - I am so sorry to hear.

Hope the furkids come through with flying colors and you can have a fun and relaxing weekend at Hallson's.

Alexa
Penhalion

Post by Penhalion »

Oh Lucy! I'm so sorry to hear about your sweet fuzzballs' health problems. Ginger is such a sweetie. Big hugs and good thoughts to all of you!

((((((((Lucy, Jay, Ginger, Curtis))))))))
oldcoot
USDA Zone: 8

Hope it doesn't put a damper on your week-end.

Post by oldcoot »

Pooper has a tumor in his stomache between his heart and his liver (or somewhere in there.) We found it two years ago, but have so far been able to keep him ALIVE with TLC and lots of Anti-biotics when he gets down. Right now, he is doing the best has has in some time, just sleeps a lot.
(But then, so does the Old Coot now !) We asked at the time, about surgery and the vet said at his age (14) he would NOT recommend it. Said that he didn't think Pooper would survive the surgery, so he listed it as inoperable.. BUT like the Old Coot who they also gave up on two years ago, that is all but Joy, we are BOTH still here, thanks to her....John

Good luck Lucy..................
There may be snow in the garden, but there will always be eternal springtime in the heart of this old gardner - Saying of Old Coot
PeggyB

Post by PeggyB »

(((((((((Lucy)))))))))) I'll keep you all in my best thoughts.
LucyGoose

Post by LucyGoose »

We just got back, and it was probably ME, but I thought I would know something today.....Nope, the vet is off today. (I must have missed that) She is in tomorrow, and will look at the ex-ray then.....I work till 6pm tomorrow, so she will call me around 7 pm....she works noon to 8pm.....

Sooooo, just wanted to let you all know....
impatience

Post by impatience »

Thanks for letting us know. We'll hear from you again around 7:30??

Waiting is so hard.

(Crossing fingers for a good report from Lucy)
Gardening is the slowest of the performing arts.
Snow

Post by Snow »

Hard waiting, isnt it :???:
~*Snow*~
New Topic Post Reply