She's Home!!!!!

Use this area to talk about your pets!

Moderator: Chris_W

LucyGoose

She's Home!!!!!

Post by LucyGoose »

Yep, our precious girl is home.....:beer: She has the cone on, of course. Curtis hisses every time she comes near him...It's funny...:lol: I didn't talk to the vet, just the tech. I guess it weighed something like 3 pounds....and they are pretty sure it was contained, which is really good to hear!! I took pictures....she is really bruised. I won't post them unless you want to see....She is doing really good here....Both Curtis & Ginger are......they drank a lot of water when they both got here.....I so glad to have the kids home! I thank you all for keeping them in your thoughts! Now we have to worry about the other fur pets on the forum. I will be thinking of them now....

Thanks again!!!
PeggyB

Post by PeggyB »

Glad to hear Ginger is getting along well Kathleen! I'm sure you're relieved to have them both home again. :)
impatience

Post by impatience »

:beer:
Gardening is the slowest of the performing arts.
jmboyer

Post by jmboyer »

Kathleen, that is wonderful news. I hope Ginger's recuperation is swift and complete. My love to you, Jay, Ginger, and Curtis.
newtohosta-no more

Post by newtohosta-no more »

What a relief that it all went well!! Glad you babies are home with you now. Bet they are relieved as well. I send my good wishes for a speedy recovery for your beautiful Ginger also. ((((Ginger))))
~JOAN~
My Hosta List

Tomorrow is promised to no one, so love and laugh today.
janey

Post by janey »

Now it sounds like all are hale and hearty! Here's to a much happier fall for Ginger and Curtis than this summer has been!! Glad to hear you sounding so happy, LG~ :D
patsue53

Post by patsue53 »

I'm so glad you have such happy news! :D Here's to a quick recovery from her surgery! :beer:
Old earth dog

Post by Old earth dog »

:cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :wink:
Snow

Post by Snow »

Yay!!! :D :wink:
~*Snow*~
JaneG
USDA Zone: 5

Post by JaneG »

:D HOORAY!! :D
JaneG
Start slowly . . . then taper off.
Tundra_Queen

Post by Tundra_Queen »

YEAHHHH!!! :beer: I'm so glad they are both home. Tell Curtis not to hiss at his sister or he's gonna give her a complex. *G*

Debbie :-)

PeggyC

Post by PeggyC »

Awwww, Lucy, I'm SO glad to hear they are both home and to hear that Ginger's surgery went so well! Wishing Ginger a speedy recovery from her surgery!
"A friend is someone who knows the song of your soul and sings it back to you when you have forgotten the words."

PeggyC's Hosta List
LucyGoose

Post by LucyGoose »

Thanks everyone!!

Yea, I love having her back home....She is a bit queasy today. She kept swallowing, so I called the vet and they said she feels sick to her stomach.....not sure if the medicine is doing it or the pain pill.....I will not give the pain pill tonight....she seemed fine yesterday....Just gotta keep our eye on her....I am soooo glad we got to do this big of a surgery the week we would be off on vacation....
Attachments
s 182.jpg
Annie
USDA Zone: 5

Post by Annie »

OH such good news for you and Ginger!!!
If dandelions were hard to grow, they would be most welcome on any lawn. ~Andrew Mason

~~Annie~~
LucyGoose

Post by LucyGoose »

Well, here I am at 2:20 am .......Ginger earlier today threw up twice....I called the vets and they said to give her half a tablet of Pepsid A/C . She kept swallowing and they said she feels sick to her stomach, and to give her that. No food and very little water.....Okay, I run out to Walgreen's to get that.....then it was medicine time, so I gave her a little bit of food to take her medicine with.....she held it down for a good few hours, then I got woke up to her puking again.....twice......not much in her to throw up.....so I am sitting here listening to her do this little cough/swallowing.....she definitely don't feel good.....they said to call first thing in the morning, and get her in if she is still throwing up.......So 9am, I will be back to the vets.....I just hope it a medicine thingy..... :(
lazygardner

Post by lazygardner »

Poor Ginger and poor Lucygoose. I hope you get some rest and that Ginger starts to settle soon.
Before criticizing someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them you will be a mile away and have their shoes!
Lionitus

Post by Lionitus »

Oh, please take care Kathleen, Ginger and Curtis. I certainly can empathize with your situation. And I find once they get home, they perk up and feel so much better being in their own surroundings. My Zippy was such a terror at the vet's office that they wanted him home early so I could tend to him. He wouldn't let them near him.

I'm hoping and praying for everyone's quick recover and a return to normal routine. That always seems to help.

I'm so happy they are ok. What a time you've had.

Lionitus
LucyGoose

Post by LucyGoose »

Ginger is much better now today. Vet called and took her off the antibiotic's......she said thy were more for the teeth they pulled, cause they had puss around them.....yuck!...:lol: She had ate, and kept everything down....Bless her heart!! But boy, my house stinks!! Good thing we have old crappy carpet in the hallway....that's were she threw up.....I cleaned it up, but when we just came home from eating out with some friends.....the house stunk when we came back.....I had that stuff called *Out* and sprayed, so I hope that helps by tomorrow....We need to rip out the carpeting.....

The important thing is Ginger is lots better now.... :D
Lionitus

Post by Lionitus »

Lucy, I'm going through a kitty illness that involves him throwing up on our beige carpet. It's terrible because his special food has this orange-y color to it. I found a product called Tough Stuff that works VERY well at getting the stains and smell out. I buy it at NAPA auto parts store because it is made to clean car interiors. I was out of cleaners one day and one of our kitties had been sick and I needed something quick so I went out to the garage to see if I had anything stored out there. I saw the Tough Stuff, grabbed it, used it and viola! it worked great.

Just a suggestion. I thought it might help.

Lionitus
Patrushka
USDA Zone: 5a

Post by Patrushka »

Aw, poor Lucy and Ginger. I'm glad she is feeling better now. :D Liesel kept throwing up when she was on the antibiotics for her tooth too.
Pat
My Hosta List

Keep your face always toward the sunshine and the shadows will fall behind you.
~ Walt Whitman
New Topic Post Reply