Orange Pekoe passed away.

Use this area to talk about your pets!

Moderator: Chris_W

LucyGoose

Post by LucyGoose »

Joan (and jmboyer, too) always have a way of saying things so good....I just love them for that!

(((((Joanna)))))
r_leblanc

Post by r_leblanc »

Hi Joan,so very sorry for your loss.I know it's never easy to say goodbye.We had a jack russel for 16 years as a family pet.In her last year she got sick (cancer).At first we thought she was just putting on weight becsause of her years but took her to Vet's just in case.We were told (cancer) & the hardest decision we had to make was to put her to sleep but we had no choice.What made it all the more painful was our youngest daughter grew up with Muffin.They were both 16 at the time of Muffin's passing.So so sad & I know just how you feel Joan.The only thing that helps is knowing you gave her a great life & lots of love,my thoughts are with you,take care.
Ron G. LeBlanc
Linda P

Post by Linda P »

Joanna, I'm so sorry about your loss. What a rough spell this has been for many of the forum members. Don't worry yourself about what you should have done differently. It's always perfectly clear when we look back to see what we might have done differently, but there are no do-overs. You gave him a home, and love, and did all you could for him.
(((((((Joanna and furkids)))))))
Linda P
And time remembered is grief forgotten,
And frosts are slain and flowers begotten.....
Algernon Charles Swinburne

Latitude: 41° 51' 12.1572"

My Hosta List
oldcoot
USDA Zone: 8

If anybody knows what you are feeling

Post by oldcoot »

it's that old Coot named John. Doesn't matter how old they are or how feeble they get, it is hard to get over their loss. O.C. lost his Pooper Dawg several weeks ago after being a real friend and comparion to O.C. for 14 years through some pretty rough days and there is not a DAY that goes by he doesn't look for hm or listen for him to come trotting down the hall. That little dog loved Tomato Sandwhices better than almost anything else. When O.C. would eat one, he had to share with DAWG. After the fist bite he would sit there by my leg, licking his chops and wagging his tail so hard that O.C . though sometimes he might just fly like a helicopter. He would eat bites as long as O.C. would give them to him. O.C. had Tomato sandwhiches foir lunch today and you know WHAT OC did. He turn around to sees where DAWG was. NO DAWG. They just didn't seem to tazte the same. SAD O.C.

Didn't mean to rambler, but just tell you that O.C. KNOWS who you are missing.....John
There may be snow in the garden, but there will always be eternal springtime in the heart of this old gardner - Saying of Old Coot
wishiwere
USDA Zone: 5

Post by wishiwere »

{{Joanna}} So sorry about your losing your dear Orange Pekoe :(

O.C. it's been near 17 years and I still have thoughts to call dad when I have a problem in the gardens. Eventually a smile will follow that hollow feeling in your heart at the same memory. For now, just know you are all in our hearts as you pine for your lost 'buddies'.
Jane (from the middle of the Mitten state)
My hosta list: viewtopic.php?t=39540
lazygardner

Post by lazygardner »

Thank you Lucy and Linda and Ron.

OC, thank you so much for making me laugh about the Pooper Helicopter! Those are the things we have to remember. I imagine, you will be sharing quite a few more tomato sandwiches with Pooper Helicopter Dog when you are ready to join him. For now, he is with you in spirit eating all the tomatoe sandwiches he could possibly desire. But I'll bet they don't quite taste the same for him either.

Jane, my Dad always loved strawberries. I really wish he were around to appreciate the ones they have now, huge and still full of flavor. I know what you mean.
Before criticizing someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them you will be a mile away and have their shoes!
oldcoot
USDA Zone: 8

The Sweetest thing happened to OC today

Post by oldcoot »

and his dear sweet loving wife Joy got a package in the mail this afternoon. It was a plaster cast of Pooper Dawg's foot print and a tag. We also got a note from the vet and all the folks there that says what a nice DAWG he had been and THEY would miss him too.

That DID bring tears to our eyes.....People who know people, that love their pets, do the kindest things...

John with tears in hsi eyes again !!
There may be snow in the garden, but there will always be eternal springtime in the heart of this old gardner - Saying of Old Coot
New Topic Post Reply