2 more of my Drahthaars

Use this area to talk about your pets!

Moderator: Chris_W

r_leblanc

2 more of my Drahthaars

Post by r_leblanc »

Karlo & Jagger are also certified in all testing including 24 hour cold tracking (blood)
Attachments
Certified Drahthaars
Certified Drahthaars
Karlo & Jagger.jpg (16.96 KiB) Viewed 1046 times
Ron G. LeBlanc
patsue53

Post by patsue53 »

They are such cool looking dogs! I hope to see one in person someday. :)
newtohosta-no more

Post by newtohosta-no more »

They both look intelligent and strong! Good looking pair of fellas you have there. :)
~JOAN~
My Hosta List

Tomorrow is promised to no one, so love and laugh today.
petal*pusher

Post by petal*pusher »

Such beautiful fellers there!.....p :wink:
Old earth dog

Post by Old earth dog »

So :cool: ! Are you allowed to track wounded deer with dogs in Canada? Some states here allow it with proof of the dog's training.
LucyGoose

Post by LucyGoose »

Me too Pat....Never seen one before!

Those two are beautiful! :D
r_leblanc

Post by r_leblanc »

Old earth dog wrote:So :cool: ! Are you allowed to track wounded deer with dogs in Canada? Some states here allow it with proof of the dog's training.
Hi O.E.D.,yes we are allowed to track in Northern Ontario where I do most of my hunting but not in zones where dogs are not allowed to be used in the hunt,most Southern zones.Ontario Federation Of Anglers & Hunters along with most hunt clubs & dog associations are trying to change this law because there would be a lot of lost wounded deer found & not wasted.By the way,did you know that the Drathaar was used in the 2nd World War for various jobs.Finding Land Mines,soldiers,explosives ect.This is where American & Canadian soldiers were first made aware of this Breed.After the war,some studs & bitches were imported to the USA & Canada but after all these years,at least in Canada,they are still not widely known.Well,keep up the good work with Search & Rescue & we'll talk again later.I'm leaving for the cottage up North for a couple of weeks of trout fishing,take care
Ron G. LeBlanc
jmboyer

Post by jmboyer »

Ron, I have just finished reading all of your posts and looking at all of the wonderful photos you have shared with us. I can't tell you how enchanted I am with your Drahthaars. I, too, wish I could see one in person. They are such beautiful creatures, and they have such a noble look about them that it nearly takes one's breath away.
r_leblanc

Post by r_leblanc »

jmboyer wrote:Ron, I have just finished reading all of your posts and looking at all of the wonderful photos you have shared with us. I can't tell you how enchanted I am with your Drahthaars. I, too, wish I could see one in person. They are such beautiful creatures, and they have such a noble look about them that it nearly takes one's breath away.
:D Thank you very much for the beautiful things you said about the Drahthaars.They are very intelligent dogs,easy to train & very loyal but they are a working utility dog first & pet second & I would have to be honest & say they are not for everyone.They need a firm but kind handler & would have to be with a person who would use them for what they are bred for.For instance,I was laid up for 8 months in 2003 & could not take them out to put them through their paces in the forests & water searches.They soon became very depressed & hard to handle.So as a pet only,they wouldn't be ideal.One thing I would like to say is that Germany has produced some amazing breeds of dogs.
Ron G. LeBlanc
New Topic Post Reply