PIctures! of new family member

Use this area to talk about your pets!

Moderator: Chris_W

Justme

PIctures! of new family member

Post by Justme »

Finally got digi out. This is Kanga. We didn't name her, it came with her :???: Thinking of renaming her Mouse, becouse of the gray fur.

Had a hard time getting a picture of her becouse she keeps coming up to us, rubbing one us and wanting petted! She likes to lay on her back and get her belly rubbed. Very good tempered cat.

Tami
Attachments
Various Pictures Summer 2005 289.jpg
Various Pictures Summer 2005 289.jpg (18.56 KiB) Viewed 1382 times
Kanga in her carrier when she first gets home.
Kanga in her carrier when she first gets home.
My Hosta List
It is always something
Justme

Post by Justme »

Kanga's house mates get equal time. So far everyone is getting along. Missy rules the roost though, she has attitude and claws :lol:

Tami
Attachments
Missy with her attitude.  At 17 she is entitled to it.
Missy with her attitude. At 17 she is entitled to it.
Niagara Falls Trip 2005 009.jpg (11.72 KiB) Viewed 1381 times
Dusty, only slightly bigger than the cats.  Thinks he is big and tough.
Dusty, only slightly bigger than the cats. Thinks he is big and tough.
Dusty.jpg (27.33 KiB) Viewed 1379 times
Tiger, everyone is his friend.
Tiger, everyone is his friend.
Various Pictures Summer 2005 287.jpg (19.48 KiB) Viewed 1379 times
My Hosta List
It is always something
LucyGoose

Post by LucyGoose »

Awwww what a sweet looking new fur kid!! All all the others, too.....Loved the picture of Missy.....Kinda scared me at first...:lol: Untill I read how old she is.....Bless her heart!!

Thanks for sharing and giving the homeless kitty a home!! :D
Justme

Post by Justme »

Missy is actually very cute, she just didn't want her picture taken on that occasion. I like that picture becouse she can be such a snotty cat and it showed there.

Tami
My Hosta List
It is always something
newtohosta-no more

Post by newtohosta-no more »

Missy looks like she rules the roost! She has that "I'm in command " look and "don't even try to mess with me". :lol: All your fur kids are adorable. I love the new addition. Grays are always so soft and it's good to hear that everyone is getting along , so far. :)
~JOAN~
My Hosta List

Tomorrow is promised to no one, so love and laugh today.
Lionitus

Post by Lionitus »

Tami, you have a precious furfamily! I love their pictures. Bless little Missy, she reminds me of our beloved Really who passed away just a few months ago. She too acquired the same facial expression and at the ripe old age of 18 I figured she'd earned it. People were routinely afraid of her until they got to know her. She was a hoot and we miss her so very much. And your Tiger reminds me of our Puppy the Cat, I love his orange coloring and he looks so loving. And what can I say about Dusty??? What an adorable dog. So cute you can't help but love him!

Kanga is very sweet looking and I know she appreciates having a loving home where she'll be well cared for.

I wish you all many happy years together.

Lionitus
Linda P

Post by Linda P »

What a nice set of family pics, Tami! Are they all adjusting to one another? My best friend has 4 cats and a dog, and her latest kitty just isn't being accepted by the other 3 at all. The good news is that two of the boys who didn't get along at all previously seem to be bonded in their dislike of the new cat!
Linda P
And time remembered is grief forgotten,
And frosts are slain and flowers begotten.....
Algernon Charles Swinburne

Latitude: 41° 51' 12.1572"

My Hosta List
patsue53

Post by patsue53 »

Kanga looks like such a sweetheart! I'm so glad you took her into your heart and home! Your other furkids are equally adorable. The picture of Missy is HOOT!!!!! :lol:
lazygardner

Post by lazygardner »

I love em all.
Before criticizing someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them you will be a mile away and have their shoes!
Annie
USDA Zone: 5

Post by Annie »

ya got a bunch of cute lil critters there! Love that pic of missy LOL. My cat Waz has that look sometimes too!
If dandelions were hard to grow, they would be most welcome on any lawn. ~Andrew Mason

~~Annie~~
Old earth dog

Post by Old earth dog »

:eek: WOW! Didja forget to put the bounce fabric softner in the dryer when you did Missy? :wink:
Justme

Post by Justme »

Don't laugh too hard. I have "dryered" a cat many years ago! Another long haired, white, cat. She climbed into the dryer with a load of mostly dried jeans, Mom came down the hall and decided to dry the jeans for a few more minutes :eek: Five minutes later, Mom opens dryer door and out jumps Snowball, fur all matted with saliva, blood and . . . other body substances, yuck.

Took her to the vets office (Saturday at noon, even) He come back from home (lunch) to check her out. She was luck and was just dehydrated and scared. She even had stitches still in becouse she had been neutered the previous week.

Any way Missy is old and sick, 17 in cat years works out to over 85 in people years. Like all of us, she looked better in her younger days.

Tami
My Hosta List
It is always something
lazygardner

Post by lazygardner »

I love older kitties and I think Missy looks entirely lovable.
You were so lucky your white kitty survived her escapade with the dryer. I guess if you have ever been through something like that it wouldn't be funny. But I have to admit she does look a little staticky, and I had to laugh out loud myself. I've been lucky with the laundry and kitties in the same house.... except.... Zsa Zsa keeps getting into the clean laundry! :evil:
Before criticizing someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them you will be a mile away and have their shoes!
Justme

Post by Justme »

Love the name Zsa Zsa for a kitty!

Mom did have to rewash that load of Jeans :lol: And we were lucky. Vet said that he had several kittys a year that would do the same thing, only with a full timed load and they would die! Snowball only was "fluffed" for about 5 min.

Oddly enough that cat usually hid in the clothes washer, not the dryer.

Tami
My Hosta List
It is always something
jmboyer

Post by jmboyer »

Oh, my, Tami, what a beautiful family of critters you have there. Kanga looks so sweet, and you caught her in such a lovely and winsome pose. Missy has such beautiful eyes. At seventeen, she certainly has earned her stripes and the right to "rule the roost." Tiger is such an adorable little guy and what on earth can I say about Dusty? Look at my signature if you want to know why Dusty's face just kills me. He resembles my Blondie a bit. Tami girl, where have you been hiding these sweet babies? More photos, I say, of all of them. Thanks for sharing this precious brood of critters.
New Topic Post Reply