Doggie Jail

Use this area to talk about your pets!

Moderator: Chris_W

bkshasta

Doggie Jail

Post by bkshasta »

We had a pretty bad fire out here in the town I live. Fire got within a half mile of our place. Many people lost their homes. Very sad situation.

There were lots of planes and helicopters flying around. A zillion fire trucks and such. Smoke in the air. In all the commotion our dog took off. Animal control was up here picking up any strays they could find. When we finally got electric and phone service restored I was able to call and yep they had him.
Said he was the easiest pick-up they ever had. Opened the truck and he jumped in. He has tags on his collar.

He was down in Doggie Jail 2 nights. Never saw a happier dog than when I picked him up on Monday. However, he came home with a tatoo of a Poodle on his shoulder, smoking and a bad attitude toward the cats. :roll:
Karry
lazygardner

Post by lazygardner »

:lol: :lol: :lol:

I'm just glad you and your Pup are okay. I hope you didn't lose anything else. You know, I do hear you can have those tattoos removed.
Before criticizing someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them you will be a mile away and have their shoes!
patsue53

Post by patsue53 »

I'm glad you got your puppy home safe and sound.....even if he is a changed man from the experience. :lol: :lol:

Sorry to hear about the fire though. How devastating that must have been. :(
LucyGoose

Post by LucyGoose »

:lol: :lol:

Awww, the poor thing! Glad he's back home with you! I think fire is the scariest!
PeggyC

Post by PeggyC »

:lol: :lol: I'm glad to hear he's out of jail and home with you!

Its so very sad to hear about the fire... those poor people.
"A friend is someone who knows the song of your soul and sings it back to you when you have forgotten the words."

PeggyC's Hosta List
putnamgardens

Post by putnamgardens »

So glad to read your pup is safe and sound. I wish all the dogs were that lucky. Sounds like some of your neighbors are homeless. I'm glad the fire is out. So Scary!. My dog would do the same thing...jump right in the truck. I can't explain the attitude toward the cats. I'm sure she's VERY happy to be home. Besides.....your pooch won't look good in a black and white uniform. Later, Love, Lisa
Attachments
mad dog sunglasses wallet.jpg
Have I mentioned lately that my drinking team has a hosta problem?
Lionitus

Post by Lionitus »

Oh my, that's a hoot. You are funny and gave me a good start to my day. I too am very happy your dog is home safe and sound. It was obviously much more frightening for you than him!

Glad all is well.

Lionitus
newtohosta-no more

Post by newtohosta-no more »

Thanks for the laugh this morning, Karry. :lol: Sure am glad you pup is home safe and sound. :D
~JOAN~
My Hosta List

Tomorrow is promised to no one, so love and laugh today.
Ginger
USDA Zone: Zone 7

Post by Ginger »

:lol: :lol: I needed that laugh also! Glad he is home safe and sound and your home is okay. Since I am originally from around your vicinity(the long way around) I always pay close attention to the fires. Did they discover the cause of the fire? Hope it was not human.
I saw on the news this morning that CA, OR and WA are suing the President because he is gong to allow roads and logging in the National Forrest. That would be such a shame, there is so little left that is untouched. I know they are really fighting something like this in the John Muir Wilderness area.

Ginger
Old earth dog

Post by Old earth dog »

:cool: :cool: :cool: :lol: I love a dog with ATTITUDE! Kin ya tell I live with terriers?! :wink:
jmboyer

Re: Doggie Jail

Post by jmboyer »

bkshasta wrote:He was down in Doggie Jail 2 nights. Never saw a happier dog than when I picked him up on Monday. However, he came home with a tatoo of a Poodle on his shoulder, smoking and a bad attitude toward the cats. :roll:
Karry, you just cracked me up despite the sad story of the fire. What a cool sense of humor you have.

I'm really sorry that so many lost their homes in the fire. I'm happy for you, though, that you got your baby back. Your heart must be rejoicing.
New Topic Post Reply