Hamster pictures

Use this area to talk about your pets!

Moderator: Chris_W

doublemom2
USDA Zone: 8

Hamster pictures

Post by doublemom2 »

I have to admit, these little guys are growing on me :) My girls absolutely love spending time with them each evening when they wake up (the hamsters' wake up time, not my kids' wake up time!) and are doing a fantastic job with keeping them fed, watered, and cages cleaned.

Our cat still doesn't know quite what to think...
"Hmmm.. small furry rodents with stubby legs and stubby tail... move very quickly... I have to share my kitty treats with them (boy, do they sure love my kitty treats!)... what on earth am I supposed to do with them????..."
Attachments
Kanichiwa.jpg
Caramel.jpg
Caramel.jpg (23.73 KiB) Viewed 1028 times
Andi
Discover Wildlife... Have Twins!!!
newtohosta-no more

Post by newtohosta-no more »

I'm not really a rodent person myself, but I do have to admit that they are pretty cute and fuzzy. :lol: Glad your kids (and you) are enjoying them so much. :)
~JOAN~
My Hosta List

Tomorrow is promised to no one, so love and laugh today.
wishiwere
USDA Zone: 5

Post by wishiwere »

Me either JOAN~ :D But I've appreciated them from afar at others home! :lol:
Jane (from the middle of the Mitten state)
My hosta list: viewtopic.php?t=39540
Justaysam

Post by Justaysam »

I raised teddybear hampsters as a teenager! Not by choice, but got a preggers female when I bought them. I kept a male babie and that was the start of it all! I had maybe 4 litters, then traded all but that first mama back for food and bedding to the pet shop. I think I had her about 3 more years after that until she died. Back then, in the 80's they had a contest to see who could breed them to look like panda bears. Looks like they did it by the look of that dark one you have. Mine was all cream like the first pic, with dark eyes.
LucyGoose

Post by LucyGoose »

Oh, such cute pictures!! Thanks!! :D
doublemom2
USDA Zone: 8

Post by doublemom2 »

They are pretty cute :) They are hysterical to watch in their roller balls, chasing eachother and the cat around the house. They don't like to be held, but sure like to be petted and eat out of our hands. Kanichiwa has a fetish for climbing through tubes of any kind, paper towel rolls, anything she can climb through. Caramel is an escape artist, got out for the third time last night. He's lucky he's alive with a cat in the house LOL! We just keep finding stashes of cat food in corners and know he's been out having an adventure at nighttime.

Andi
Andi
Discover Wildlife... Have Twins!!!
Garden_of_Mu
USDA Zone: 7

Post by Garden_of_Mu »

too cute!
~ Mike

“Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don’t
matter and those who matter don’t mind.” - Theodore Geisel, aka Dr.
Seuss
patsue53

Post by patsue53 »

Awwww...I kind of miss having hamsters around. They are cute little furballs. I love the pic with the stuffed cheeks. :lol:
PeggyC

Post by PeggyC »

I never had one as a pet nor did my daughter as we always had cats and a dog but they sure look adorable! Glad to hear that they are working out so well for you!
"A friend is someone who knows the song of your soul and sings it back to you when you have forgotten the words."

PeggyC's Hosta List
Annie
USDA Zone: 5

Post by Annie »

Oh I love the lil critters! They are just so cute!!
I always had one growing up. They are great escape artist.
I found my last one outside, don't know how she got out.
We lived out in the country and always had mice that would get in the house. Now this is pretty gross but my hamster,
Foxy caught one and killed it! I know this cause she had half of it hid in her little house :o
I just think yours are SOOOO CUTE!!!
If dandelions were hard to grow, they would be most welcome on any lawn. ~Andrew Mason

~~Annie~~
New Topic Post Reply