Did I hear diet!!!!

Use this area to talk about your pets!

Moderator: Chris_W

gardenandcats

Did I hear diet!!!!

Post by gardenandcats »

Yowdy. I do think its time to cut back on the treats!This is his favorite sleeping position....
Old earth dog

Post by Old earth dog »

:eek: HOLY $#!+ :o :o
I've been thinking about starting Thunder's training for his AD (Schutzhund endurance run). Thanks for the reminder! :D :wink:
Lionitus

Post by Lionitus »

Oh funny! Well, he/she sure looks content. I always wonder whether kitties wake up with muscle aches or stiff necks from the sleeping positions they take.

We have a 22 lb. kitty named Poody. He's been on a diet for years but remains a big boy. He never eats table scraps or wet food of any kind. I measure out his 1 1/4 cups of Purina One in the morning and he eats at it a couple times during the day and that's it. And still, he weighs 22 lbs! After unsuccessful attempts to get him to eat light food the vet said "ah, just leave him be, he's just going to be a big animal." So, he's just big. And one of the most loving, loyal, sweet and funny kitties we've ever had. I thank God he showed up on our doorstep to stay one icy cold January day. Someone has missed out on a true gem of a kitty cat!

I think your kitty is beautiful. I'd like to know how it goes if you really do put him/her on a diet.

Lionitus
Laughter is the sun that drives winter from the human face.
- Victor Hugo
gardenandcats

Post by gardenandcats »

He was just at the vets and weighs 15 1/2 pounds. Siamese are usually on the lanky side. The vet said hes a solid boy. Having 4 cats its hard to cut one back . As I leave dry down at all times.
Lionitus

Post by Lionitus »

Gardenandcats, I know what you mean about the cutting back with multiple kitties. We have three and so I just measure out 1 1/4 cup in the morning and when that is done I measure out another 1 1/4 cup. I figure that way there are two required daily portions for two kitties. Did I make sense? Our third kitty has cancer and is on a special diet that I don't let the big boys eat. And my kitty with cancer plucks maybe 5 pieces of food a day from the bowl.

It's a juggling act but I try to keep track of how much they consume.

I think your kitty is wonderful. I started my day with his picture and I smile every time I think of the picture now!

Lionitus
Laughter is the sun that drives winter from the human face.
- Victor Hugo
LucyGoose

Post by LucyGoose »

:lol: What a cute picture!! Makes me what to just put my face in that bellie.....:lol:

Thanks for the smile!! :D
wishiwere
USDA Zone: 5

Post by wishiwere »

LOL :lol: ! He looks like an old man, done fell asleep while watching TV! Does he ever sleep laying down, or always sitting up? Maybe it's indigestion! :lol:

What a cute guy! That right paw must fall asleep holding that big boy up!
Jane (from the middle of the Mitten state)
My hosta list: viewtopic.php?t=39540
patsue53

Post by patsue53 »

:lol: :lol: He looks like he's waiting for a tummy rub. :lol: :lol:
Ginger
USDA Zone: Zone 7

Post by Ginger »

:lol: :lol: He is fat and happy! Love that furry belly.

Does he look fat when he is standing up, or just when he is sitting that way?

Ginger
lazygardner

Post by lazygardner »

Oh yeah, he could afford to lose one or two, but I'll bet he is super cuddly just the way he is! I love the pic.

I also have a fatty, and I haven't been able to get her to slim down at all. I have the same problem with multiple cats, so the chubsters (Zippy and Little Bit) are fed senior food in my bedroom, the youngsters (Nickie, Abigail, William the Wailer, Rebel and Maybell) get kitten food in the livingroom and the cats who don't get along with anyone else (Zsa Zsa and Mama kitty) get adult food in the guest/computer room. I hope to get Mama spayed soon so she can be with her babies again. I have to use my 'christmas fund' to spay her, but it will be worth it to see them all reunited. Even my DD agreed. :o :D
Before criticizing someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them you will be a mile away and have their shoes!
wishiwere
USDA Zone: 5

Post by wishiwere »

:o Holy! You have 9 cats inside one house? Whew! so is this like considered a 'CAT' house? :lol: :lol: :lol:
Jane (from the middle of the Mitten state)
My hosta list: viewtopic.php?t=39540
newtohosta-no more

Post by newtohosta-no more »

Awwww...he's a big, beautiful boy!!! That pic makes me laugh. :lol:
~JOAN~
My Hosta List

Tomorrow is promised to no one, so love and laugh today.
New Topic Post Reply